Roddyboy
15 years ago
Good point.

Touche'
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Although I must say I think its cool that Brett is scorching the lead in TD's with one game less under his belt than a few other guys.
UserPostedImage
Roddyboy
15 years ago

He is going to hate me but tromz

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I did a quick search on the forum and I didn't find a post where tromadz said Brett is washed up.

"longtimefan" wrote:

You have to go to the Trom-cast mp3 fo-shizzle crapola and listen to how upset he is that BF had a great day with Jets 2 weeks ago...

ma'nizzle..
blank
greenwhiteandnogold
15 years ago

who said he was washed up?

seriously?

"dhazer" wrote:

ummm long before the season started alot of posters were saying he was washed up, which i never did understand

"longtimefan" wrote:

Ted Thompson tossers were saying Favre was washed up. Bunch of cattle.
blank
greenwhiteandnogold
15 years ago

People have been incorrectly saying he was washed up for a few years now. And on the flip side theres people who say he's the best QB in the league and have been saying that for years as well.

There's no one side to this. It just depends on who you hear last and thats who you remember first.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Ted Thompson was an idiot to 'move on'. Image if we had Favre right now, we'd be 4-0 or 3-1 and making another run at it. Oh did I say that aloud! Crap, all of the Ted Thompson lovers will jump all over that.
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago

People have been incorrectly saying he was washed up for a few years now. And on the flip side theres people who say he's the best QB in the league and have been saying that for years as well.

There's no one side to this. It just depends on who you hear last and thats who you remember first.

"greenwhiteandnogold" wrote:

Ted Thompson was an idiot to 'move on'. Image if we had Favre right now, we'd be 4-0 or 3-1 and making another run at it. Oh did I say that aloud! Crap, all of the Ted Thompson lovers will jump all over that.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Yup makes perfect since..We only have 3 D lineman that get so winded in the 4th q the opposing teams just shove the damn ball down their throat..

yup brett will fix that just like he did in 05

Oppps

All the Brett lovers will jump on that
longtimefan
15 years ago

He is going to hate me but tromz

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I did a quick search on the forum and I didn't find a post where tromadz said Brett is washed up.

"Roddyboy" wrote:

You'd have to go to the pf.com archive (that probably doesn't exist anymore), and I have a few emails sent to directly (in a stalkerish manner) in my yahoo account.

Also CrazyOne, Packnic, RP, digs, OBi1, and others have all issued similar sentiments.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

So, its not this website and anyone should give a darn .... because???

"longtimefan" wrote:

YOU make an assuption that I meant THIS forum

Then half heartedly attmept to find out where he was saying this stuff..* we know you wanted the quotes, but I just didn't feel like digging thru 3 forums to find them **

and now saying why should we care?!?!?!?!

Forgive me I am on my pain pills, but Kev this makes no sense to me?
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Whether you like it or not, BF would help fix the morale issues that this team has. That could translate to a win or two.

This team has serious morale issues. It's playing without any heart right now, without any direction. It's sad to see. We're better than this, and we all know it.

BF gets people motivated. He gets everyone around him to play better than they normally would. That's something you can't teach. They either have it or they don't.

I read an article a few days ago about how the Packers seemed to have lost their mojo. Well, BF has mojo. Look what he's done to the Jets, who we all know is a really bad team. If he can get that team to 8-8 or even 9-7, imagine what he could do for this team.

I wouldn't go as far as predicting our record with BF ; but I do know that this would be a better team and we'd have a better shot at close games. BF is also the master at covering up a bad OL.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
longtimefan
15 years ago

Whether you like it or not, Brett Favre would help fix the morale issues that this team has. That could translate to a win or two.

This team has serious morale issues. It's playing without any heart right now, without any direction. It's sad to see. We're better than this, and we all know it.

Brett Favre gets people motivated. He gets everyone around him to play better than they normally would. That's something you can't teach. They either have it or they don't.

I read an article a few days ago about how the Packers seemed to have lost their mojo. Well, Brett Favre has mojo. Look what he's done to the Jets, who we all know is a really bad team. If he can get that team to 8-8 or even 9-7, imagine what he could do for this team.

I wouldn't go as far as predicting our record with Brett Favre ; but I do know that this would be a better team and we'd have a better shot at close games. Brett Favre is also the master at covering up a bad OL.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I would tend to agree with everything you wrote here cept for the last sentence.

That bad o-l in 05 he coudlnt cover up..

Interesting thought just came to mind..

Since Brett couldnt really scramble like Aaron Rodgers can, wouldnt some of Aaron Rodgers plays balance out BF quick release?

Say 20 pass attempts a game where the quick release/scramble is needed..

does that mean BF way will work 80% of the time and Aaron Rodgers way only 50%?

So out of 20 plays BF could get us help 16 out of 20 times and Aaron Rodgers is 10-20 times

does that make any sense?

Cuz it doesnt to me LOL
longtimefan
15 years ago

who said he was washed up?

seriously?

"greenwhiteandnogold" wrote:

ummm long before the season started alot of posters were saying he was washed up, which i never did understand

"dhazer" wrote:

Ted Thompson tossers were saying Favre was washed up. Bunch of cattle.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Again I know of only ONE poster who implied that...

He never came out and said it, but he sure implied it.

so I dont know where this WASHED up thing came from..Unless it is the anti Ted Thompson group that was just thinking that is how people felt.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.