Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Greg C.  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:50:47 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Well, I thought the Cowboys played a heck of a game tonight. They beat the Packers at the line of scrimmage just enough to take control of the game, as their playmakers then made some big plays. That last TD pass from Romo to that #19 guy was a terrific throw and catch, virtually indefensible.

I saw some good things in the Packers tonight (Woodson defending T.O., Collins' INT), but I think what they need most is better pass protection. The protection was very good against the Vikings, so-so against the Lions, and poor against the Cowboys. I'm hoping that getting Wells back, and maybe Sitton, will make a difference. But Tauscher seems to be struggling a little, which concerns me.
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:54:28 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 395
Applause Received: 1,073

That is exactly it Greg.. on the lines we lost this game, albeit on the Austin throw Jenkins was tackled by Davis.. missed the call.

But regardless, they wore down our defensive front because we couldn't sustain drives on offense.. in which the flaw in our team was exposed.. a average at best offensive line. We have above average tackles but suspect in the interior. Same story that we have seen through the preseason..

Second half we wore down..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline obi1  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:56:04 AM(UTC)
obi1

Applause Given: 1

Yes, Cowboys were better than I thought. They were good tonite.

Packers looked listless and undisciplined.

Things will get better though.
blank
Online Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:56:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,952
Applause Received: 2,179

Yep. The Cowboys are better than us right now. They played the game very well.
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:58:37 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
That is exactly it Greg.. on the lines we lost this game, albeit on the Austin throw Jenkins was tackled by Davis.. missed the call.

But regardless, they wore down our defensive front because we couldn't sustain drives on offense.. in which the flaw in our team was exposed.. a average at best offensive line. We have above average tackles but suspect in the interior. Same story that we have seen through the preseason..

I said at the beginning of the season that if the O-line can just be average, we should still have a great offense. This may be true, but the O-line was definitely exposed tonight as the weak link.
blank
Offline shield4life  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:59:24 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Cowboys o-line > Packers o-line ... everything else packers > cowboys
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline gotarace  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:01:14 AM(UTC)
gotarace

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 18

I said at the beginning of the season that if the O-line can just be average, we should still have a great offense. This may be true, but the O-line was definitely exposed tonight as the weak link.

So was the defensive line. Very few runs were stopped at the point of attack and i don't think i heard a nose tackles name called on any play all night.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Offline mi_keys  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:01:16 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 217
Applause Received: 352

They played great... they took advantage of our mistakes. Three plays basically accounted for 21 of their 27 points. When we had our big plays we didn't turn them into points. Congrats to them on a job well done. We have some work to do.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline Cheesey  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:04:21 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 408

We have LOTS of work to do.
UserPostedImage
Offline evad04  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:04:43 AM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 76
Applause Received: 139

Cowboys o-line > Packers o-line ... everything else packers > cowboys

Were this not a Packer forum, you'd be expected to defend that.

It would be hard after tonight's game to NOT give the advantage to the Cowboys. Their defense played better, their offense played better, special teams was about a wash.

Here's the real truth: we don't need to make evaluations THIS EARLY in the season.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:06:39 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

The good news on the oline (looking for a sliver lining) is that Wells was out yet.. that would replace the weakest of links which is Moll right this moment.. Colledge played okay tonight.. not great but wasn't a negative highlight film.

But like you said.. lots of good things from the Pack as well.. the over / under coverage on TO was effective.. Woodson and Collins played well. Rouse wasn't exposed all that much.. Williams looked okay overall.. that breakup over the middle was a thing of beauty.

Add to it.. we stayed healthy other than Harris cramping up.. we were able at times to generate a little pressure.. Sanders called a pretty sound game on D.. we just couldn't sustain drives.. that will kill ya.

For a loss.. I don't feel horrible about it.. we were in the game.

Oh.. well of a play by Blackmon on that fumble.. beauty.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:07:00 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

So was the defensive line. Very few runs were stopped at the point of attack and i don't think i heard a nose tackles name called on any play all night.

I thought the D-line was not as bad as the O-line. I figured Barber would get his yards with those huge guys blocking for him. The pass rush was good at times, but just not consistent enough.

Again, I have to give the Cowboys a lot of credit. This game was a learning experience for the Packers, but unfortunately, it was a learning experience as well as a confidence-builder for the Cowboys. But there are 13 more games left in the season. Time to get back to work.
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:09:21 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Agreed.. I thought our Dline did okay for as much as they were on the field.. I think more of an issue is the Oline.. boy what I would love to have one consistent guard on this team.. Colledge and Spitz are about as close as we have.. and that is saying a mouthful.

UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:10:00 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

On the plus side, I thought the Brandon Chillar experiment worked well. Also, it looked like Woodson was on Owens right out of the gate, which shocked me, and he did a good job, albeit with safety help. Maybe we will see more of Woodson guarding #1's from here on out, or at least sharing that duty with Harris.
blank
Offline Rockjock07  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:16:57 AM(UTC)
Rockjock07

We have LOTS of work to do.

I agree. The Cowboys are the better team, no doubt, I cannot sit here and say that the Packers have better talent because they flat out don't.

However, the mental mistakes such as the holding flags need to get fixed because it's just killing this team. Also, the run game needs to get fixed, both with personel and play calling.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
Rss Feed