nerdmann
10 years ago

Eh, Lacy may bust or he may not. I dont think he will. He is undoubtedly a talented player. At the position he was drafted he is well worth the risk, imo. No doubt about it. He's going to bring some toughness to the Packers running game and will be able to split the pressure with J. Franklin. Boom or bust, maybe, but im glad Ted Thompson took the risk at the position Lacy was drafted.

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

Everybody knows that Aaron's never going to stop throwing deep. These RBs are gonna have some space to run. Should be interesting. I know I'll be watching.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
TheKanataThrilla
10 years ago

Huge injury history. Missed 1 game in 2 years.

So, its OK to roast Lacy for going soft in his Pro Day even though he was nursing a hammy? The same injury that Clay Matthews has fought through? He's a RB! His game is as much about speed as Matthews.

To me, Eddie Lacy was just being responsible. Smart.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1562685-how-worried-should-nfl-teams-be-about-eddie-lacys-injured-hamstring 

Dude suffered ONE injury at Alabama, a foot injury in 2011 after rushing for 61 yds and a TD against Arkansas, sitting out the next game.

Played every game in 2012.

Huge injury history.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I didn't say huge injury history. I said injury history. At the running back position a hamstring injury is a concern which was the point of my post. I think many people are concerned with Clay's hammy injury as well given the large contract we signed him too. I don't think the guy is going to suck I am just concerned we may have a player that may not live up to the first round grade everyone gave him. I think he was value where we got him. I was not on board with using our first pick on him. Honestly I think Franklin may end up being the better back out of the two for us. We'll see... I hope it makes defences respect our run and Aaron shreds them with even worse his arm.
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

I didn't say huge inury history. I said injury history. At the running back position a hamstring injury is a concern which was the point of my post. I think many people are concerned with Clay's hammy injury as well given the large contract we signed him too. I don't think the guy is going to suck I am just concerned we may have a player that may not live up to the first round grade everyone gave him. I think he was value where we got him. I was not on board with using our first pick on him. Honestly I think Franklin may end up being the better back out of the two for us. We'll see... I hope it makes defences respect our run and Aaron shreds them with even worse his arm.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

As long as Mike McCarthy doesn't spam Lacy carries, and give him, Harris, and Franklin shared carries he will keep injure free. Like everyone said we'll have to see, the guys a big strong player, he can play through injures, I think that's part of the reason Teddy took him. If we had injure riddled backs i'd be concerned. Only Running backs that have injure history on this team is Starks and Green and they'll be fighting for jobs.

The Packers wanted depth on this team. That's what they got in the draft. Got a little stronger and a little faster at the RB position. It's gonna help us in the long run. If we can get an effective running game going it will only help our defense and hurt the opposing teams.
play2win
10 years ago

I didn't say huge inury history. I said injury history. At the running back position a hamstring injury is a concern which was the point of my post. I think many people are concerned with Clay's hammy injury as well given the large contract we signed him too. I don't think the guy is going to suck I am just concerned we may have a player that may not live up to the first round grade everyone gave him. I think he was value where we got him. I was not on board with using our first pick on him. Honestly I think Franklin may end up being the better back out of the two for us. We'll see... I hope it makes defences respect our run and Aaron shreds them with even worse his arm.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Yeah. KanataTrilla, I got you. I don't want you to think I was addressing you specifically, but I didn't communicate that well. My bad.

I was more frustrated by the large number of people mentioning his injury history, which is, in fact, quite minimal.

Lacy has displayed quite a bit of toughness in his two years at Alabama. I don't automatically seeing that changing because he's now with the Packers.

I like both of our new RBs, equally. They both bring different styles that I believe will complement each other well. I cannot wait to see this throughout this season. That's going to be big fun to watch!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

All I think is that Lacy has had injury problems throughout most of his college career, which has always gotten a lot of attention because Alabama relied heavily upon him after Ingram and then Richardson left. When Lacy was the #2 RB after Richardson he still ran for some 600+ yards.

When he was the #1 RB he more than doubled that and that was after the initial instance of the toe injury. The guy gets injured but keeps playing, there have been a lot of great NFL players that had that same demeanor.

As far as the Alabama Offensive line, analysts were not convinced of their invincibility at the beginning of the 2011 or 2012 seasons. It's a combination of both the line and the RBs that make Alabama what it is.

Lacy will play, and put the work in to succeed. He's already shown that otherwise he would have missed far more games in his college career than he actually did from all those "injuries".

Originally Posted by: Quid2Facis 

It is interesting to see how some people really don't care for Lacy and assume the worst even before he has been to TC. Others see the numbers he put up and can see he will do the same or at least similar in the pros.

I figure between Lacy and Franklin one of the two of them will have a solid season and I don't care which one it is. Personally I am willing to wait a game or two before I write off Lacy and his injury history. But then I stuck by Harrell too long so what do I know.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

When did Eddie Lacy piss in your Cornflakes?

Jesus Christ!

And... Johnathan Franklin had 282 ATT 1734 YDS and 13 TDs

Lacy had 4 more TDs, a better average per carry in 80 fewer ATT. So Bama ran a lot. They were good at it. Who cares?

Seems like a lot of nit picking to me.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I think you need to relax. All I did was post the running back stats for Alabama out of curiosity. You do realize that having less carries usually means a higher yards per carry, right? That's why when stats are shown for yards per carry they say "250 carries or more" or something similar.

Random bit of information: T.J. Yeldon ran a 4.3 forty yard dash.

I've attached UCLA stats too.

It's not that I hate Eddie Lacy or anything like, so not sure why you blew up. Alabama ran a lot because they had a NFL OL against a College OL, lol. That's my point. The Packers OL just doesn't open those kind of holes. I like Lacy's footwork and size. I just don't think he's the end all to the Packers running game. It is not nitpicking to have an opinion.

And MY opinion is when all things considered, Franklin will be more important to the Packers than Lacy.

It is interesting to see how some people really don't care for Lacy and assume the worst even before he has been to TC. Others see the numbers he put up and can see he will do the same or at least similar in the pros.

I figure between Lacy and Franklin one of the two of them will have a solid season and I don't care which one it is. Personally I am willing to wait a game or two before I write off Lacy and his injury history. But then I stuck by Harrell too long so what do I know.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I wouldn't write anyone off yet, nor do I think anyone has. I think people are sharing their opinions of each player. If Eddie Lacy runs for 1,200, great, my opinion will change.  UCLA2013.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

I think you need to relax. All I did was post the running back stats for Alabama out of curiosity. You do realize that having less carries usually means a higher yards per carry, right? That's why when stats are shown for yards per carry they say "250 carries or more" or something similar.

Random bit of information: T.J. Yeldon ran a 4.3 forty yard dash.

I've attached UCLA stats too.

It's not that I hate Eddie Lacy or anything like, so not sure why you blew up. Alabama ran a lot because they had a NFL OL against a College OL, lol. That's my point. The Packers OL just doesn't open those kind of holes. I like Lacy's footwork and size. I just don't think he's the end all to the Packers running game. It is not nitpicking to have an opinion.

And MY opinion is when all things considered, Franklin will be more important to the Packers than Lacy.

I wouldn't write anyone off yet, nor do I think anyone has. I think people are sharing their opinions of each player. If Eddie Lacy runs for 1,200, great, my opinion will change.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I enjoy reading the opinions of others. They should share them. I have tended to be a little leery of Lacy. Not as much as some others. I feel a lot better about him since GB hedged their bet with Franklin. Certainly I am glad they didn't acquire him in the first round. That said I don't know what he can do yet so I wait.

But while waiting for the results for all the players to come in we do have to do something don't we?

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
I think in terms of major injuries he'll be fine. It's all the small nagging ones that will always bothering him like Brain Westbrook of the Eagles who was permanently on the injured list as Probable. After year 5 or 6 is when the wheels will start coming off. But by that point with him and Franklin leading the way there should be about 3 or 4 Super Bowl victories by the time that happens. [grin1]
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
play2win
10 years ago
There have been a good number of posts about Lacy closing with the words, "I hope I'm wrong..." Pretty much slamming the guy for Alabama having a good OL to run behind, having multiple 1000 yds running backs, having a hamstring injury at the combine and his pro day, him being " out of shape," having the toe fusion, questioning his willingness to play, etc. "Bust..."

I didn't make that up.

Just kind of blew me away when he was regarded as THE top RB in this draft. He certainly had no problems starting and playing well in all but 1 game over 2 years, helping his team to win a National Championship.

For some reason, Eddie Lacy seemed to not get a whole lot of respect in quite a lot of comments here and elsewhere. The guy has proven himself to be one of the toughest RBs in this draft. If fears about his toe fusion or a pulled hammy kept other teams from drafting him, well thank God for that!

How many other players we just drafted have had their injuries scrutinized so heavily? None.

Eddie Lacy seems like a gamer, and I wish him well in tearing through our opponent's secondaries!
steveishere
10 years ago
http://www.thesidelineview.com/columns/nfl/metrics-breakdown-top-running-backs-tier-1 

"What I’ve done is sample their games and count the number of plays in which the running back was not touched or did not have to make a football move (juke, spin, etc.) within five yards of the line of scrimmage. This is to measure how many “free” touches each RB got."

"Lacy’s low 4.6% free carries doesn’t mean Alabama’s O-line was bad; Chance Warmack and Fluker alone should quell that criticism. It’s most likely a result of tougher SEC run defenses that swarmed faster to the ball."
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.