Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 9:36:41 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

My phone rang several hours ago ... I didn't answer. It was from someone that knows I don't talk on the phone. She called back again. I realized she might be in trouble so I grabbed my shoes. This time she left a voicemail telling me to call her as soon as possible. As I started walking to my car I called her back and she told me Nick, a best friend of mine since I was 11 years old had passed away.

I spent the last five hours with his family, who have basically taken me in as their own... and in fact his mother did just that when I had no where else to turn. I was doing okay until I had to drive his car to his mothers. It hasn't fully sunk in yet... I don't know if I want it to.

I am so numb to death. It's a part of life, but I am so tired of it. Matt, Uncle Mike, Mom, Grandma, Joyce, Raydon ... now Nick ... I want it to stop. I need it to stop. I don't know how much more I can handle. I know many have it worse... I just ... I don't know.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:50:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:38:04 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 544
Applause Received: 251

Very sorry to hear of your friends death.
Hopefully you will find comfort in your memories of him.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:49:02 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

We knew each other since we were 11/12 years old. It's so hard to grasp that a 31 year old can collapse and moments later be gone. Myself, Nick and Jim ... we were like brothers since that age. We drifted a part the last few years, but we were never far from the others thoughts. When Nick's uncle told me that he often mentioned me, I couldn't help but tear up.
Zero2Cool attached the following image(s):
Nick.png (76kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
UserPostedImage
Offline Since69  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:03:38 AM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

Damn, Kevin. I'm sorry. That kind of news is never welcome. There's not much we can do here except listen - but we're here for you.

I have a lot of friends that I've "drifted away from" over the years. I need to make some phone calls...
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:34:30 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Since69 Go to Quoted Post
Damn, Kevin. I'm sorry. That kind of news is never welcome. There's not much we can do here except listen - but we're here for you.

I have a lot of friends that I've "drifted away from" over the years. I need to make some phone calls...

Friday I had sent him a text asking how he'd been. I've been thinking of getting a tattoo and I was going to ask him, a very good artist, if he could design one.
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:48:21 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

I've terribly sorry, Kevin. Life can be both joyous and wonderful, as well as unspeakably cruel and terrifying. The scary part is how quickly life can turn around without warning. Really not sure what to say, but I'm sorry you're going through this but glad that you've got a second family that you can grieve with.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:53:26 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
I've terribly sorry, Kevin. Life can be both joyous and wonderful, as well as unspeakably cruel and terrifying. The scary part is how quickly life can turn around without warning. Really not sure what to say, but I'm sorry you're going through this but glad that you've got a second family that you can grieve with.

The scary part is growing up with someone since you were about 12 and then they collapse and die 20 years later. Makes me thin it could happen to anyone, anytime. I don't want my girls having to through what I did at 28, until they are in their late 50's at the earliest.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:08:03 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

It is the times like this, where one is reflective upon life as a whole and your current place in life. Makes one really reevaluate priorities, interactions and values. Then maybe improve upon any things that need to be corrected.. words unsaid..

Please pass along my families prayers to you and the Price Family.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:13:11 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Friday I had sent him a text asking how he'd been. I've been thinking of getting a tattoo and I was going to ask him, a very good artist, if he could design one.

I don't care for tats myself but had you been able to get his artwork that would have been priceless.

Very sorry for your loss. It hurts every time you lose someone you care for.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:11:20 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Wow. Way too young. My sympathies and empathy. Hang in there, bud.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:36:03 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

One of our friends is throwing a benefit for Nick's family.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nickpricebenefit/
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:55:01 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 184
Applause Received: 350

I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know if words do much in these situations. Everybody is different. Two of my family members passed last year. I had a great relationship with both of them, and I try being thankful for that.

I don't know if you’re able to think along those lines right now, especially since your friend was way too young. He deserved a longer life. It's probably hitting you in waves right now, but I’m sure you’ll honor him in someway.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:02:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:02:52 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Thanks everyone.

Matt, sorry for your losses.

Waves or gusts of wind is quite accurate on how its hitting me. When his sister called me and told me, the moment I hung up I keeled over onto my island balling and telling myself it couldn't be true, can't be true, it is not true. I had sent him a text Friday saying "How ya been" and didn't hear back. So I started telling myself that he was at St Mary's waiting for me and it was some weird sense of humor joke. So I wiped the tears off and got into my car and drove. When I got to the hospital and didn't see Nick standing out it became harder to convince myself that this wasn't happening.

I just don't get it. How can a 31 year old have a fatal heart attack? It just doesn't seem right. It is not right. It is so hard to imagine that the 20 years we knew each other won't be extended.

The obituary can be found below.
http://proko-wall.i-live.../Nicholas-Nick-W.-Price/
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:51:34 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 645
Applause Received: 657

Damn, that kind of news sucks.

I don't understand why people die that young, either.

Life isn't fair; and death is even more unfair.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline 4PackGirl  
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:47:39 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 151
Applause Received: 123

i'm so very sorry for your loss of a great friend. losing people is hard but losing a young friend very quickly is awful. i'll pray for you.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed