steveishere
11 years ago
It will be cool getting 4 first round picks this year that weren't on the team that was in the playoffs last year. That should give a decent boost.
texaspackerbacker
11 years ago

It will be cool getting 4 first round picks this year that weren't on the team that was in the playoffs last year. That should give a decent boost.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Sherrod, Perry, the new first rounder, and who else?

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
texaspackerbacker
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Oh yeah, Bulaga - answered my own question

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

So, you think players that couldn't make it a full season, are going to help this upcoming season? 😝
UserPostedImage
beast
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Sherrod, Perry, Bulaga and whom ever they pick this year (if they don't trade out of the 1st round)

I think the Packers NEED to upgrade the DL.

Depending how bad Worthy's knee got hurt, he might miss most or all of the season.

Love Raji's potential but he's not getting it done and struggles run clogging (which you want out of a NT) and he doesn't have the arm reach you would look for to put at 3-4 DE. And then because he's not excited about all the run clogging, he then get down with his pass rushing. This might sound odd, but I think losing Jenkins took some of the excitement out of the game for Raji and someone on the DL for him to compete with and push him. That or he just doesn't seem like the same guy in the pass rush he used to be.

Pickett is great at run clogging, but struggles in pass rush.

Wilson and Neal have their moments, but other than flashing potential here and there seem like back-ups to me.

Too early for Worthy and Daniels, thought Worthy has look good against the run, not so much pass rushing. Daniels has flashed at times, despite being a little bit limited to do his smaller size, the kid is VERY scrappy and hard worker.

I thought Daniels looked like the Packers 2nd best DL against 49ers, mainly because other than Pickett and Daniels the rest looked like they were getting their butt kicked badly. Pickett and Daniels didn't do great but seemed to hold their own and I enjoyed Daniels vs their RT battle.

UserPostedImage
sschind
11 years ago

So, you think players that couldn't make it a full season, are going to help this upcoming season? 😝

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I suppose the other option is to write them off and cut their worthless behinds since they got injured. They are guys you counted on when they were drafted why wouldn't you count on them again? Oh yeah, it's because they got hurt. No one ever comes back from injuries. It's a good thing the vikings didn't count on AP last year and went out and drafted another RB. It's a good thing the Broncos didn't count on Peyton Manning. I'm not saying any of our guys will have the impact that Manning and Peterson had but like I said, why wouldn't you count on them to make a contribution after their injuries unless you were not counting on them making a contribution before the injury.
play2win
11 years ago
beast,

I like that Daniels kid too. He seems to get the job done, and our D seems lifted a bit when he is in. He's not a huge guy, but he has a motor. Seems pretty tenacious. That is the kind of stuff that rubs off on your surrounding players. Maybe he turns into one of those guys who makes the others around him better.
Laser Gunns
10 years ago

since 2010, we've taken alot of hits at positions that we still have yet to fill which have created big weaknesses on our roster.

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar 

I thought I'd update myself on where we currently stand now that the draft and FA have gone bye.

Nick Collins: really good FS
-Charlie Peprah, contributed to one of, if not the worst pass-Ds in NFL history
-M.D. Jennings, meh at best.
-Jerron McMillian, rookie, diddnt see too much to be very optimistic.
-Charles Woodson, old, slow, hurt, expensive.

I know Ted is not an injury-prevention wizard, but we lost a good player because of bad luck and are still looking for someone to fill his shoes.

-Micah Hyde

Sounds like he is getting more reps as a corner than safety. mcMillan will likely start at this point.

Cullen Jenkins: power DE
-Jarius Wynn, terrible player, and out of scheme.
-C.J. Wilson, a slighlty less bad version of Wynn
-Mike Neal, Has missed more games than he has played, best talent of the 3.

I've heard he priced himself out of GB, I've heard he offered a hometown discount... whatever. his Eagles contract was not unfair at all. since Cullen, we have not had a single lineman (including Pickett) have a significant impact against the run and pass.

AWWW YEEAH!

-Datone Jones (1st)

Finally! A "real" defensive end! Going off what we know (practice reports, cards game) Datone is dominating in practice. However, he only lasted one play in his preseason debut.. Hopefully it's not a sign.

Scott Wells: Solid Center
- Jeff Saturday, bust of a signing, diddn't finish the season.
- EDS, better than Saturday, not bad, but not good either.

I dont care that he was a bust with the Rams, he was a pro-bowl center for us, our running game was abysmal and we had another 50-sack season the year he left.

Ready to roll with EDS as the presumed starter.

the OLB position we still have not filled 4-years later
-Aaron Kampman, was a bad idea to begin with.
-Frank Zombo, injuries then dissapeared
-Brad Jones, moved inside.
-Erik Walden, one of the worst LBs I have ever seen start an NFL game.
-Nick Perry, lost rookie year.

what piss poor luck, we finally draft a guy, and he breaks his hand. This position is so key to be a sucsessful 3-4 D, it's not suprise our pass rush is this bad with the crew we've been rotating through there.

Unchanged.

Perry will start. Can't wait to see how he does.

Chad Clifton:Blindside pass protection
-Derek Sherrod, lost most of unimpressive rookie and 2nd year.
-Marshall Newhouse, has gotten better,struggles badly at times against good pass-rushers.

Clifton was on his last legs in 2010 (literally), we drafted Derek Sherrod with the 32nd pick. logical pick, kid had a first round grade, and thanks to Newhouse single-handidly allowing Tamba Hali to wreck what could have been a 16-0 season, Sherrod got an opportunity to snap his leg in half. Newhouse reclaimed the job has hasn't looked back.

Well then...
Newhouse has since been replaced by 1st round pick Bryan Bulaga..who promptly went straight to IR. do not collect 200 dollars. Sherrod is still trying to invoke his inner Justin Harrell. But wait.. There may be good news coming..maybe..

-J.C. Tretter (4th)
-David Bahktiariwhatever (4th)

Tretter is already out with a broken ankle, and with Bulaga on IR.. The LT position is once again in Limbo. Fortunately, "Baaaahk!" Is looking pretty good so far... So far.

Ryan Grant: workhorse RB
-Brandon Jackson, awful as a starter
-James Starks, injury prone.
-Alex Green, ACL rookie year, bad the next.
-John Kuhn, is a damn fullback.

Grant will never be confused with a great RB, but he was better than this pile of shit.

WoooHooooo!

-Eddie Lacy (2nd)
-Johnathan Franklin (4th)
-Frozen Pease (UFA)

Area of obvious weakness and Ted shotgun'd it in the face.

Greg Jennings: great reciever.. unfortunatly
-??????

With Cobb, Jones and Nelson missing their flight to minny, Ted luckily only had to replace 2 receivers this year.

-Charles Johnson (7th)
Has not played or practiced all offseason. (Red flag)
-Kevin Dorsey (7th)
Has practiced less than a week
-Jarrett Boykin
Moved up from the PS, I expect very little.
-Myles White, walker.. And a bunch of UFAs
They are UFAs for a reason

This offseason has left our receiving core as shallow as it has been since 06'.. No standout replacements.. This falls in line with the thread theme perfectly.

IMO, this team is a long way from getting back to a SB. And although I think Teddy is a good GM, I do not believe he is a great one. If we are not gonna make trades (either way), and not going to dip into free agency that's fine; but that means we have to rock the draft, which we have not done well enough recently.

I love quoting this guy, he's smart.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

I thought I'd update myself on where we currently stand now that the draft and FA have gone bye.

-Micah Hyde

Sounds like he is getting more reps as a corner than safety. mcMillan will likely start at this point.

AWWW YEEAH!

-Datone Jones (1st)

Finally! A "real" defensive end! Going off what we know (practice reports, cards game) Datone is dominating in practice. However, he only lasted one play in his preseason debut.. Hopefully it's not a sign.

Ready to roll with EDS as the presumed starter.

Unchanged.

Perry will start. Can't wait to see how he does.

Well then...
Newhouse has since been replaced by 1st round pick Bryan Bulaga..who promptly went straight to IR. do not collect 200 dollars. Sherrod is still trying to invoke his inner Justin Harrell. But wait.. There may be good news coming..maybe..

-J.C. Tretter (4th)
-David Bahktiariwhatever (4th)

Tretter is already out with a broken ankle, and with Bulaga on IR.. The LT position is once again in Limbo. Fortunately, "Baaaahk!" Is looking pretty good so far... So far.

WoooHooooo!

-Eddie Lacy (2nd)
-Johnathan Franklin (4th)
-Frozen Pease (UFA)

Area of obvious weakness and Ted shotgun'd it in the face.

With Cobb, Jones and Nelson missing their flight to minny, Ted luckily only had to replace 2 receivers this year.

-Charles Johnson (7th)
Has not played or practiced all offseason. (Red flag)
-Kevin Dorsey (7th)
Has practiced less than a week
-Jarrett Boykin
Moved up from the PS, I expect very little.
-Myles White, walker.. And a bunch of UFAs
They are UFAs for a reason

This offseason has left our receiving core as shallow as it has been since 06'.. No standout replacements.. This falls in line with the thread theme perfectly.

I love quoting this guy, he's smart.

No standout replacements?

Jennings barely played last year, Driver as well..

Imo Boykin, Walker, and Ross are fine replacements for this offense. Obviously leadership is missing from Driver. But to say we are shallow at the position isn't true.
play2win
10 years ago
Yeah, I kind of questioned the WR thing too. Jennings was out most of last year. Driver never played. We have some other young players who look like they have a chance to stick. And, I like Boykin. I think he's going to be very successful this season. I'm not the least bit worried about this group, as Ted finds incredible WR talent, and Rodgers knows how to get them where he wants. Rodgers is an excellent communicator, and I suspect he will be all over this group going into the season, to make certain they are where he wants them. I hope Jordy can return healthy. James Jones has been a rock. Cobb has his chance to shine. This could be really good.

I like Walker and Myles White is my dark horse to win a position. He has 3 very important games ahead of him. If he hits the PS, that would be fine too, because he is raw. Dude's got some talent though, and size.

Biggest thing here is what is looking more an more like a strict adherence to draft and develop. Our FA signings have been pretty low level in terms of pay, where there is a real hope for flipping the value curve to the team if they pan out. I get it. I just think one or two vets added each year wouldn't hurt, especially at areas where we have questions. I thought Canty would be perfect for us this offseason, but the Packers failed him on his physical. BAL scooped him up quickly thereafter. Who knows?

I trust Ted is being as prudent as possible in managing the balance of salary/talent.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.