Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
Many wanted to run him out on a rail, but the matter he continued to make Wisconsin relevant year in and out makes this a heavy loss at the moment.

Depending on whom they can get in to replace him, it will be a net loss for the program as they will take a step back in recruiting and direction with a shift more to pro style offenses. But we shall see how it turns out with the next coach.. it better be someone with a national name if they want to stay in the conversation at the top of the Big Ten.

I am shocked that he left.. didn't see that coming.

Sources: Arkansas to hire Bret Bielema as new football coach 

In a stunning coup, Arkansas will hire Wisconsin's Bret Bielema as its next football coach, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

Bielema, who has taken the Badgers to three straight Rose Bowls, was nowhere on the radar amid months of speculation over who Arkansas would hire.

An announcement will come Tuesday, sources told Y! Sports, but Bielema is not expected to be introduced until Wednesday.

Details of Bielema's contract at Arkansas are not yet known, but the school was said to have a major war chest for this coaching search.

Bielema, 42, is leaving the only job he's had as a head coach, and the school where he has worked since 2004. Bielema was defensive coordinator for two seasons under Barry Alvarez before becoming Wisconsin's head coach in 2006. He's gone 68-24 in Madison, with four seasons with 10 or more victories. Wisconsin advanced to its third consecutive Rose Bowl Saturday with an upset romp over Nebraska in the Big Ten Conference championship game.

Arkansas suspected last spring that it would be searching for a head coach at the end of this season, after hiring John L. Smith as its interim coach. Smith succeeded Bobby Petrino, who was fired following a scandal involving his mistress, who he had hired and put on the Arkansas payroll.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
11 years ago
I'm more shocked that they did it at this point in time. I mean....would it have hurt to keep it hush hush for a few weeks, till the Rose Bowl was over?
I can't see UW letting him coach that game now.
This has to hurt the players alot right now.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago
Now this does come as a surprise. Considering he was just extended in Jan through 2016. I've never been a huge fan for his. I do think he lived most of his time in WI living off the reputation of Alvarez. With the exception of last year, having Wilson come, I think his offenses and the team in general has taken a step back from what Barry built the last couple years.

Will be interesting to see, what happens with the Rose Bowl, and with who is going to become the next Badger coach.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Will he coach the Badgers during the Rose Bowl?
UserPostedImage
Formo
11 years ago
Gopher fan standpoint.. I'm torn on how I feel. One side of me loves it, as it means Wisky will have to retool. Again. Burt was a douchenozzle, and now, hopefully, your Becky fans will finally see that. Or they already knew it but accepted it because he won. The other side of me fears that you will get a better coach. You know, one that knows how to use a term called 'Clock Management'. He was the reason they were 0 fer in the Rose Bowl and that costed Wisky their one legit shot at the NC with his brilliant clock management.

I guess I'm here to say, lets just see how this pans out. You still have Barry running the entire ship, good for you/bad for me.

Oh, I do feel for WOO PIG SOOIE. Seriously. They were the one SEC team I liked (or more like, didn't hate) before TAMU joined the conference. I have family that live in Arkansas and are huge Hawg fans, so I have always cheered for them at a distance. That will have to change, though.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
11 years ago
DakotaT
11 years ago

Fuuuuck you!!!!!!!!!1 🤦
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

I will go into complete and utter shutdown mode.. without a second thought. I think I would revoke my fanhood until that ludicrous moronic dickhead would exit the program. Might as well hire meathead to couple the pain and agony.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
musccy
11 years ago

I'm more shocked that they did it at this point in time. I mean....would it have hurt to keep it hush hush for a few weeks, till the Rose Bowl was over?
I can't see UW letting him coach that game now.
This has to hurt the players alot right now.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

They're in the heart of wrapping up the 2013 incoming recruiting class. You can't afford to wait 4 weeks for recruits at ARK to be in limbo wondering who is coming in.
musccy
11 years ago

Fuuuuck you!!!!!!!!!1 🤦

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

WHAT IN THE HELL IS BARRY THINKING?!?! If Barry's goal for WI is to become the Indiana of the Big Ten, then go ahead, hire Chilly, he'd be the best candidate for that!

Fan Shout
Martha Careful (58m) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (7h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.