Gaycandybacon
11 years ago

I think the delayed handoff thing fools nobody.

Oh yeah, and the 3rd and 1 handoff to Kuhn running behind light in the ass Saturday can be totally scrapped from the playbook.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Oh god yes I remember when they did that draw where Rodgers did a little head fake and handed it off I litterally grinded my teeth.... JUST KEEP PITCHING IT. I mean fuck, we get 5-10 yards everytime we pitch it.
steveishere
11 years ago

Maybe we should consider the suckage of Brian Robison?

What suckage? Robison isn't a bad pass rusher.
DakotaT
11 years ago

What suckage? Robison isn't a bad pass rusher.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

But can he play the run? Seems to me we ran the ball right down his throat. And when GB runs the ball right at you successfully, yeah you're bad.

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago
I believe the biggest problem with the run game is no commitment, and I don't only mean during games. i don't believe the team practices run blocking enough. I also believe the outside zone telegraphs runs, making it easier for the defense to know what is up. Line moves left, the run is left, line moves right, the run is right.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DakotaT
11 years ago

I believe the biggest problem with the run game is no commitment, and I don't only mean during games. i don't believe the team practices run blocking enough. I also believe the outside zone telegraphs runs, making it easier for the defense to know what is up. Line moves left, the run is left, line moves right, the run is right.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Hell, I know when we are running just by the substitutions. And I'm positive D-cordinators around the league are smarter than I am.
UserPostedImage
porky88
11 years ago
I wouldn't hesitate to draft Stepfan Taylor, Jonathan Franklin, or Monte Ball if I had an opportunity. They can't seem to run left. They're below average up the middle and pretty darn competent running right, but nothing happens on the left.

My solution is to tweak the blocking scheme, upgrade left tackle & center, and draft a bell cow.
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

Hell, I know when we are running just by the substitutions. And I'm positive D-cordinators around the league are smarter than I am.

I don't really mind, that the defense knows we are going to run as much as how easy it is for them to determine where the run is. We have no misdirection or counters in the run game. Line starts right, the run is right, line moves left the run is left.

It seems, for the run game to have success, the defense needs to make a mistake, rather than our offense dictating our success. LBers have to overpursue and lose their lane assignments and dline needs to fail in keeping spacing. Good run games, have success when the defense does everything right.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
play2win
11 years ago

lol

I think its a OL coaching problem with play calling problem.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

yep! That's it in a nutshell...

When we run the football, and I mean giving it to our RBs 25-30 attempts per game, we generally win... and amazingly, our OL looks good.

When we fail to run, and I mean less than 20 attempts per game by our RBs, we generally lose... and amazingly, our OL looks like garbage.

I like to win. Run the freaking football. If Mike McCarthy stays with a solid running game, and calls for more runs, we should see some really big breakaway runs here in the near future. We are due.
Rios39
11 years ago
As nice as the win and the running game goes I was happy but the offensive passing game did not look that good. I still don't know how they aren't picking defenses apart underneath more consistently since they are giving us short with those 2 deep safeties. We should be able to have a run game plus a short pass game based on the defensive looks we get.

You'd think Finley and Cobb could really make teams need to come down with respect more but the majority of the time on routes, even Cobb is running straight down the middle, almost clearing the voids and running into the deep secondary. Finley even isn't running the routes you'd expect a TE vs a cover 2. He's running vertical as well or running vertical 20 yards down the field before breaking off and making a cut, where he does get open. This has to fall on game plan and coaching. Most of Rodgers passing plays he's had to buy time and roll off. There really should be no need of that if we had more short routes on going, this NEEDS to be improved before the playoffs. I watch a lot of Patriots games and while they do go deep a lot their TE's and Welker really work teams over underneath.

A reason why Rodgers has so many sacks too, ball should be coming out like yesterday but after looking at some of the routes being run out there I see why it's not coming out OR he's needing to buy more time.
blank
nerdmann
11 years ago

As nice as the win and the running game goes I was happy but the offensive passing game did not look that good. I still don't know how they aren't picking defenses apart underneath more consistently since they are giving us short with those 2 deep safeties. We should be able to have a run game plus a short pass game based on the defensive looks we get.

You'd think Finley and Cobb could really make teams need to come down with respect more but the majority of the time on routes, even Cobb is running straight down the middle, almost clearing the voids and running into the deep secondary. Finley even isn't running the routes you'd expect a TE vs a cover 2. He's running vertical as well or running vertical 20 yards down the field before breaking off and making a cut, where he does get open. This has to fall on game plan and coaching. Most of Rodgers passing plays he's had to buy time and roll off. There really should be no need of that if we had more short routes on going, this NEEDS to be improved before the playoffs. I watch a lot of Patriots games and while they do go deep a lot their TE's and Welker really work teams over underneath.

A reason why Rodgers has so many sacks too, ball should be coming out like yesterday but after looking at some of the routes being run out there I see why it's not coming out OR he's needing to buy more time.

Originally Posted by: Rios39 

Aaron Rodgers is a stat whore who cares more about surpassing Brent's records than he does about winning.

He will repeatedly pass up wide open WRs on shorter routes to throw deep, even if the WR is covered, hoping the dude will go up and make a play on the ball, like JJ did in the end zone yesterday.

There were multiple opportunities yesterday for Aaron to either take two steps to easily get the first down, or to dump the ball off to a wide open guy short for an easy first down, but NO. Aaron would rather chuck it deep on a low percentage play and kill the drive.

All because he wants to surpass Favray's records, while probably not being able to play as many years.
Mike McCarthy is guilty of it too. They both are taking far to personal of an approach to the situation. This is why Mike McCarthy constantly abandons the run and REFUSES to run an efficient, high percentage passing offense instead of this ludicrous "chuck and duck" run and shoot style of offense, even when he can't protect his QB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.