Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
Re: "vagaries, vicissitudes, and random words starting with v":

What can I say? Life is too short to stay on topic.

[ass] 😮 😮
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Porforis
12 years ago
What's wrong with gay marriage? It's not as awesome as Clay Marriage.
DakotaT
12 years ago

What's wrong with gay marriage? It's not as awesome as Clay Marriage.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I had to slap nut on that one my Indiana brother, cause I have no clue what it meant.

UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago

I had to slap nut on that one my Indiana brother, cause I have no clue what it meant.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

It's much less lame if I don't explain it but it's a fairly transparent pun. You'll get it eventually.

Also, I'm your Wisconsin brother now, moved back to Milwaukee in September 🙂
Cheesey
12 years ago

I did not know that, however, what is hurting the child is suspect for debate. I knew some 16 year 'children' that were more ready for a physical relationship than some in their 'adult' 20's.

I don't think sexuality preference is anymore a choice than whom you fall in love with. There shouldn't be benefits for marriage (at least, in my ignorance I don't God says see why) and there shouldn't be anything prohibiting two of the same sex to be married. God has given us a lot and to disallow same sex marriage goes against his will. I doubt the good lord would say "John, its wrong of you to be madly in love with Adam, you must select a female, even if you have no emotional, mental or physical attraction to females".

And if God is that way, then he's not a God worth praying to because that's wrong and justifiable. I believe God is better than that.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well....God says some things are wrong. He doesn't say "If it feels right, do it." That is pretty much what the world has "preached" for many years. The 1960's was a BIG time of telling people just that. That philosophy has pretty much lead the world to the point it is at now. Believe me, i KNOW I'm a sinner. I will be till I die. I'm no more perfect then anyone else. But i do try to follow what HE says, and when i fail (which is every day) i beg His forgiveness. Remember, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

I saw a special not long ago on public TV. It was a special from the 1960's, where gays were trying to get "accepted". A leader of the "movement" stated something to the affect, "It's not like we are asking to marry or adopt children, we would NEVER ask for that." Here we are, 40 some years later, and that's exactly what it's become. We have to accept it, or be labeled as some kind of racists. And yes, even groups that want to have sex between men and boys are trying to get acceptance, as they "love" these boys. How long will it be before that is acceptable? Think it will never happen?
If you asked 80 years ago if gay sex and abortion would be accepted practices in America now, you would have been scoffed at. It's not just accepted, but force fed to kids in public schools today. And if you speak out against it, you are looked down upon.
It just seems that what's acceptable standards gets lower and lower each year.
On all levels, not just picking on gays.
The whole standards of the country have been lowered, sadly.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago
I respect your opinion Cheesey, but frankly I don't a shit about 80 years ago, 50 years ago, or even 20 years ago. Since in the "good ole" days minorities were beaten in the streets in broad daylight - fuck that time period. All the Leave it to Beaver fans out there should just stay inside and watch reruns. The rest of us have moved on.

I don't agree with the "gay" thing and would probably run away if asked to support them; but I'm not going to do anything to impede them excercising human rights.

I also applaud these young people around the country standing up and sticking it to the man; and all you old hippies should too. Reagan squashed all those movements years ago, but they're coming back, and I don't see any Reagans standing up in the recent group of Republicans.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

I don't have all the fancy papers hanging on the wall that you do.

My walls are bare.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

I don't have all the fancy papers hanging on the wall that you do.

My walls are bare.

And actually, Cheesey, you are flat out wrong. The standards for acceptable behavior are going up, not down. Do you have any experience with equal opportunity in the workforce, as manifested by sensitivity training, prevention of sexual harassment lectures, and other such modern phenomena? The way men have to act like goody-two -shoes to avoid sexual harassment complaints and discrimination charges would have shocked men of two generations ago. Heck, my little boys can't even wear their fireman hardhats or their Cars baseball caps to school because someone might interpret them as gang symbols and take offense. We have become an uptight, paranoid, puritanical culture.

Just because we're no longer able to beat the shit out of gays and blacks doesn't mean standards of behavior are decreasing. If anything, it's evidence to the contrary.

Nice job dodging my posts about the research on sexual abuse, by the way.[palm]
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

I respect your opinion Cheesey, but frankly I don't a shit about 80 years ago, 50 years ago, or even 20 years ago. Since in the "good ole" days minorities were beaten in the streets in broad daylight - fuck that time period. All the Leave it to Beaver fans out there should just stay inside and watch reruns. The rest of us have moved on.

I only wanted to reply to this section.

I LOVE today. SOOOOO much better than 10 years ago and drastically better than 20 years ago.

Racism has declined big time. Nobody bats an eye at mixed couples and I can safely walk down the street today without worrying about racist piece of shit cops (whereas 20 years ago, got harassed routinely).

So yeah, screw 20 years ago. I'd take today. Geez, 20 years ago was a HUGE upgrade over 50 years ago.

Oh, to add one more thing, today's kids are too goody-goody. My word. Sex and drugs have both gone down and these kids don't know how to have a good time. They get good grades and don't break any rules. How fun is that?

My son would rather play video games than study female anatomy. Unheard of in my generation. 😣
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
Eighty years ago we had to worry about Hitler.

Forty years ago we had to worry about the Cold War.

Today -- we worry about whether Hank Williams disrespects the President by drawing an analogy involving Hitler.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)