Zero2Cool
12 years ago

And the fact he's wearing red and blue and has stripes on his shoulders makes him special how . . . ?

It's a job, people, and he's well compensated for it. He probably makes more than most of you.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Interesting you say 'you', not 'us'.
UserPostedImage
nyrpack
12 years ago

Interesting you say 'you', not 'us'.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

i thought the same thing zero, but for all i know about the guy he could own a computer company !! lol
jimmy b.
dfosterf
12 years ago
Gunnery Sergeants in the U.S.M.C. in the summer of 2011 have earned their pay and yours.

You don't understand that, I will be happy to explain men at war, men deployed to go to war, the threat of war, little-bitty actions that send young Marines into combat WHEN YOU NEVER HEAR OF IT. etc.

WE ROLL DIFFERENTLY THAN ALL THE OTHER ARMED SERVICES, and you need to know the depth of why we are in fact so arrogant.

I wasn't kidding, or being "force central" when I told you that a Marine line unit is "the shit".

(I might have failed to mention that they are absolutely fully supported by the very fine Navy, Airforce and Army, when appropriate.)

Don't confuse that with any appreciation, until absolutely needed, as they usually fail to get us our shit, and I got stacks of dead Marines to prove it.

My "arrogance" derives from my experiences, in 30 friggin' years...

I never did any "mop-up" duty, nor if I had, would I call that combat, nor would I come home and represent that just because I was in the theater, I am somehow entitled to represent what the hell was going on, with anything approaching expertise. . I would prefer to have actually been on the friggin' line before opening my yap. Don't ride the bandwagon of civillian support. I bitch because I have the great gift of witnessing and learning from the MOST AWESOME MARINES I EVER MET that told your society to fuck off and we will be the pros while everyone said the Corps went to hell. I admit they were an extreme minority, having stayed once the Corps yanked 'em out, (Of the 'Nam- every single one of them-- 98 of them--- me and one other fng---represented the rest of our 100 men. )) but WHAT A MINORITY!!! They were linemen in Viet-fucking-Nam. Well over half had done two (13 month, Nick) tours, and ALL of them were in "I" Corps. (Go read a book)

THAT is who taught me my business, the killing business, and business was always good. I never thought "paycheck"... EVER.

I'm talking professionally, (about what impressed me) about what Marines do. THEY were the shit, and I not only knew it then, I know it now. THAT is what I like to represent!

Semper Fi !

But then again, I'm old, a "lifer" and old school, plus, I didn't suck at my job, and my job was to kill my enemy, not...

"Be all I can be" , or whatever... just sayin'.

Major Tangent, sorry... Don't mess with that Gunny, you have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what he's been through, imo

(I knew it all along- the doggies bred self-entitled whiny bitch-type cry-babies--- "Pay check people" honestly, beyond my imagination.) GO JOIN THE MARINES, LADIES!!! Try the infantry... 1/3 goes there, just as I did. --- editorial, lol) College, Law school, Med school...these dogs absolutely do not hunt there, in the pecking order/prestige department, so enter with extreme caution.

"Pick up a weapon and follow me, I am the Infantry."

Go get a job like his before you talk about a job like his.

Fucking doggies got the same paycheck we got. Now THAT is an injustice.

(As an aside, the 8th Air Force says in it's history book that it was more dangerous to be in one of their B-17's for the year and a half when they took over Europe than being a U.S. Marine... They forgot to mention the part about being in the Marine Corps INFANTRY vs. being in the Marines, PLUS, they ALSO forgot about the OTHER 236 YEARS (to date) the MARINES have been the absolute "pointy end" of America's stick.) Go see for yourself. 10 years in war or so-called "peacetime" in the Marine Infantry--- I, nor anyone else amongst the cognoscenti, would give you better than a 1/3 chance of survival. You think that's just a job?
Pack93z
12 years ago
Heard around the web.

“The Marine Corps is a good place for young men to go if they want to grow up fast,” he said. “It’s a tough row to hoe and I do not envy anyone in terms of the type of war they’re fighting.”

He = Equals a drafted Marine in 1950, a veteran of the Korean War.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
12 years ago
Some real perspective...

I went through Parris Island in 1973. If the drill Instructors didn't think you were helpful to their internal competition amongst themselves, they would try and kill you.

Kill you...

(This would NOT be an environment to be militant, bitchy, or express job dissatisfaction, I would suspect, although for ENTERTAINMENT VALUE, I'd love to see some of the perspectives established here carried back to that time and place....)

...And were quite successful, until Congress stepped in.

Some real history, and the "record" - Marine Jr. Drill Instructor Sgt. McKeon killed 6 recruits all at once, back in the day... marched their young dumb asses straight into a swamp... I would imagine he wasn't pleased with their rifle range scores...

and they went.

He must have been in a "mood".

Ask Nick, or Wade, or any other "old head" around here... They read the news back then...

Things that could very easily kill you, back in the day:

Go unq on the range.
Be fat, fail to be fat enough to be dropped
Be too stupid to follow the precision of close-order-drill
Fail an essential subject

Your score on a PFT, dependent upon the scores of the marginal recruits in the platoon your DI is betting against

Losing a pugil-stick fight
Falling off an obstacle on the confidence course
Leaving your footlocker unlocked

...hundreds more...

-and then, after many more months of training in the killing business, (notice how there is absolutely no ambivalance or euphemisms-THAT's what Marines DO- not special forces bullshit, or 'nam vet bullshit, or it's equivalent ----we Infantry Marines kill and are killed- we keep things very friggin' simple, and close. We also know who and how we killed 'em, and 99% of the time who killed us. That is war, and it's fought with an extra dimension nowadays, but last time I checked, they still need soldiers or Marines to get and hold that ground)

we got to go into the SUCK. I did this with a passion you cannot begin to fathom unless you were a Marine even close to what we did, and if you WERE that close, you were "on the line" of America's "front line."

Job. p u l e e z e

I apologize. I got "set off", all concerned hopefully understand...[puke] I'm done now, though.[-(
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (45m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.