zombieslayer
12 years ago

The only thing resembling an ivory tower in North Dakota would be 30 ft snow banks. What a bunch of BS. Zombie, I do not have one once of empathy out there. Living in a sea of people is something that goes with an average daily temperature of 78 degrees. Whether you are being bombarded by Mexican, Chinese, or aliens for Christ sakes, makes no difference to me. The Mexicans are reclaiming the lands they were kicked out of - deal with it or move. I can find you a very nice home for a fraction of what it costs you in Cali., Zombie if you think you could handle the cold.

This is going to be the century when all the sins of our forefathers are atoned for. In Europe they are being inundated with Muslims and they are taking over one block at a time.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Yeah, what part of history should we follow? How about kick all the white people out of North Dakota and give it back to the Injuns? Heck, at least it was prettier when the Injuns had it.

The illegals are making it uglier here, not exactly beautifying it.

And yes, a lot of your ideas are very ivory tower, especially your "history." Should we give the Muslims Spain then? Or how about give Kuwait back to Iraq? Or give Panama back to Columbia? Or Brazil back to Portugal? I could give a hundred examples of lunacy with your reasoning.

So I take it that you are just waiting for a group of Lakota's to show up on your door step and "pow wow" all over your dumbass.

"vikesrule" wrote:

Gonna have to applause the Vikings fan here. He beat me to it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
I still think that the "damage" done by illegals is greatly overstated.

Even in California, zombie. I mean, compare how much Hollywood has fucked up your state with how much illegals have fucked it up. Yet apart from the occasional Roman Polanski, no one suggests getting tough on the Susan Sarandons and Oliver Stones and Michael Moores and etc etc of the world.

Frankly, I'd rather have 10,000 illegal dishwashers and migrant workers with their lack of social skills and public responsibility than any ten Hollywood celebrities not named Jessica Biel and their social "consciousness."

Funny thing is, there isn't a single argument being made by the people of Texas, Arizona, and California that wasn't regularly made Hispanic immigrants that wasn't made by the people of New York and Pennsylvania and Massachusetts about immigrants from Italy, Ireland, and Eastern Europe between 1875 and 1960. Those critics also could, and did, point to crime and lack of education and refusal to learn the language and all the rest. (And contrary to the myths told by some English-as-official-language folks, the cities of the East had many ghettos where English was *not* the dominant language for first-generation immigrants. In fact, that is part of why ghettos developed in the first place.)

Migration has never been this sanitized vison that people tell of the Pilgrims and covered wagons and the Protestant work ethic. Its always had a dark side with it.

The only different with late 20th/early 21st century immigration problems in the USA is the entitlement programs that draw more non-working people here. We are merely reaping what we have sown by selling ourselves as the nation of entitlements. We shine these megawatt lights as we yell about all our entitlements, and then we complain of being inundated by moths.

To the extent that more of today's immigrants are about "getting handouts" and fewer are about "working hard" than was the case in the past, why the heck are we surprised. After all, that's what we-the-goddamned-people are all about these days, too.

Finally, consider this: How much of the "bad" stuff illegals do is the consequence of the illegality itself? One of the unintended consequences of "tough borders" is that it tends to discourage/scare away more of the productive immigrants than it does the unproductive ones.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
12 years ago
Wade - I understand where you're coming from, but the schools are bankrupt here. It's reached pretty epic proportions. Yes, Hollywood do-gooders are to blame as well. But you will eventually reach too many people vs too few resources and we've managed to reach that already.

America has a slow decline into 3rd world status to look forward to. The border states are first.

And to answer that final question, the laws are in place to keep the unwanted out. Let's not forget that when the Italians/Polish/Russians/etc came over on Ellis Island, there were doctors/nurses who had the power to turn away the sick and mentally incompetent. We don't have that on our southern border.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

Yeah, what part of history should we follow? How about kick all the white people out of North Dakota and give it back to the Injuns? Heck, at least it was prettier when the Injuns had it.

The illegals are making it uglier here, not exactly beautifying it.

And yes, a lot of your ideas are very ivory tower, especially your "history." Should we give the Muslims Spain then? Or how about give Kuwait back to Iraq? Or give Panama back to Columbia? Or Brazil back to Portugal? I could give a hundred examples of lunacy with your reasoning.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Actually it doesn't look a whole lot different then when they hunted and gathered.

I think you American Californians have done a spectacular job uglying up that state all by yourselves, or can you breathe in LA now? Seems to me your argument on the ugly thing is pretty silly. Then you have the extreme left wingers that won't allow something like a new power plant to be built so your electric bill is triple of what it needs to be. Zombie, California is a nice place to visit, but it's not the only land with waves hitting the beach.

No you don't give back lands, but you accept the immigrants as part of your society. It's pretty pampous for any of us to take a position that a certain type of person doesn't belong here, when every walk of life is already here. Yes they need to sign the guestbook on the way in, no argument.

And for those of us fortunate enough to have been born here, I don't think any of us spend enough time giving thanks for that gift.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago
Oh please. No, I drive around California taking pictures because I hate it. You think I don't appreciate this place?

HUGE difference between legal and illegal immigrants. You're missing the point. With LEGALS, we can check to see if they're criminals, if they're lazy, etc. Can't do that with illegals.

You don't get the simple fact that NOBODY is against legal immigrants. We're talking ILLEGALS.

And an fyi, LA air isn't half as bad as Houston. We enacted smog regulations to clean up the air and it's been amazing the results of LA in the 70s vs LA today. And LA != California. I voted to split this state in 2 so we don't have to give them all our water. People in NoCal often don't like SoCal people; dismissing them as plastic people. This state really is two states. We're very different.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
12 years ago
I LOVE how the "Native Americans" are always painted to be these kind, loving, WONDERFUL people. When many of them were waring with other tribes, and bruttally killing each other, as well as the "EVIL" white man.

Yes, some of them were peaceful people. But surely not all of them. And in a war, usually the victor takes the spoils. All that was done is what is done by the vast majority of countries that win a war.
Only in America since WW1 did the victor NOT take over the countries we beat.
Germany is still a country, and so is Japan. Any other country that won a war would have taken ownership of the counties it defeated.

Either way, i don't feel we should feel guilty for what some white guys did 150 years ago. I didn't kill one single indian, or have one single slave. Why should i have to pay for crimes i didn't commit? And besides that, how would that benefit any person that was wronged in the first place? They all are long dead.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago
Yeah we feel superior to South Dakota, Minnesota, and Montana. Like we're the pearl of the upper plains. :)

Zombie, I'm just fucking with you, like when I tell Zero that Barry Sanders sucks. That's a fricken nightmare you deal with, and it doesn't help that you're surrounded by left winged fanatics.

Like I said, you could live up here in Paradise for pennies on the dollar for what it costs out that way.
UserPostedImage
12 years ago

"But alas, DakotaT is too far up in his ivory tower to understand any of this so it will go in one ear and out the other."
Could that be because there's nothing in the middle to stop it??? Just kidding Dakota! Couldn't pass that one up! LOL!

That's one of the things i hate. Spanish is being treated like the main language here in America now. And it's SUPPOSED to be ENGLISH.
If i went to a foreign country, i'd EXPECT myself to learn THEIR language. I wouldn't expect them to cater to me.
If you want to cut costs, how about taking out all the governmental papers that are being printed in Spanish at all our government offices. If they won't learn the language here, how can we expect them to "bother" with coming here legally and doing the work to become citizens?

We made it MUCH easier to come here illegally then to follow the law. "laziness" will win out every time.
If you walked into WalMart, and you saw a TV you wanted that was $600, but you had the choice of paying for it or just picking it up and walking out, and you KNEW there would be NO punishment, who would bother to pay for the TV?
That's the choice illegals have. And most of them take the easy way, as they know they can get away with it.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I'm with you on the illegal immigration issue, but that's about it. There is no law requiring people to speak English, as far as I know. And as long as that is the case, you have to have a system that supports other common languages. Otherwise it's just a bigger headache for everyone involved.
UserPostedImage
12 years ago

I LOVE how the "Native Americans" are always painted to be these kind, loving, WONDERFUL people. When many of them were waring with other tribes, and bruttally killing each other, as well as the "EVIL" white man.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Painted? As in war painted? Yeah...

I think it's fine that you don't feel guilt for what happened to the Native Americans generations ago. I don't feel guilt either. And I don't feel pride for what our ancestors accomplished generations ago in creating this country either. Can't take one and not the other.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
12 years ago
True, there is no "law". But should we have a cater to all other languages?
If it's a privately owned company that wants to print their info in 10 different languages, that's their option, as THEY are paying for it. But our government should NOT have to do that. What incentive is there for foreigners that want to LIVE here to learn english if they don't have to?

If you are just visiting, that's one thing. But if you intend to stay here, LEARN THE LANGUAGE is how i see it.
UserPostedImage