Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:15:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,002

So I started working out just over a month ago doing the BeachBody Insanity workout. It's mainly cardio stuff and I do recommend it to anyone. It's really good. I don't think I've been this toned since High School sports, lol.

I get up at 5:15am currently, do the work out, shower, head to work. I've been struggling the last few days with waking up and fully pushing myself. After this week is up, I start the Max interval training and am wanting to push myself extremely hard the last 4 weeks.

The question I have is, what can I take/drink/eat to wake me up sooner in the morning?

I was thinking 5 hour energy drink, someone suggested Emergen-C.

Any ideas?

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:28:10 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

Me... I pop B-6, B-12, Niacin and Folic acid in the morning along with my normal daily vitamin and morning snack.

There is a noticeable difference in my energy levels and body responses with that regiment.. however read up on the B's vitamins and the risks that go along with taking elevated levels of each.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline hardrocker950  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:58:54 PM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 63
Applause Received: 58

For sure B-6 and B-12 should give you more energy. If you are having a 5 hour energy in the morning, you should be careful of what vitamins you are taking, as the 5 hour is loaded with high amounts of many vitamins already (and overload can cause liver problems long term.)

As with most things - moderation is your friend.
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:33:59 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

At most, I'd be taking one 5 hour energy a day for six days a week. I don't work out on Sundays. Although when I start the P90x, that might change.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:34:08 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

This time of year, I'm in weight gain mode. I drink 3 pots of coffee, sit on my ass at work and home. In April I go back to my 80 hour work days and go into weight loss mode, where I don't eat dinner or breakfast.

http://www.google.com/ur...Tz69tz7NuUw4d037n9Kb2Hyw

Enjoy working out Zero.
UserPostedImage
Offline MontanaBob  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:47:19 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 55

Work Out!!!! What??? Are you guys crazy? Just getting out of bed is a workout for me, then I crawl to the bathroom, forget what I'm there for, and slowly get up on my feet so I can walk to the kitchen, get coffee, sit down on the couch, and promptly fall asleep until my wife hits me across the head and reminds me not to forget to vacum the living room while she's at work. Oh, and in the winter I'm shoveling 8,000 friggin' feet of snow every other day.

That's my workout. And I'm stickin' to it.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Offline istanbulpacker  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 7:05:09 PM(UTC)
istanbulpacker

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

Another good thing to drink in the morning is Green Tea. It has antioxidants AND caffeine. So, good for you and wakes you up. Just be careful with all those energy drinks without any food in your stomach. We've had 2 co-workers go down on the line with dizziness and shortness of breath because they drove in early, had no food in their stomach, and downed 1 or 2 Rockstar energy drinks or something similar.

I'm assuming you mean to take this BEFORE your workout? Usually, all the blood flowing from exercise is plenty to wake someone up in the morning. Maybe 10 minutes on a stationary bike or some warm-up stretching/jumping jacks/etc will help get the blood flowing.

I envy you for working out in the morning. Even in high school, I could barely tolerate morning runs. Just can't do it.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:36:23 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I just did Chest Shoulders & Biceps and Ab Ripper X from p90x tonight. It's a really good upper body workout. I'm impressed. The Ab Ripper X has a few good exercise moves, but Insane Abs from Insanity is far superior.

I think I'm going to go back to Insanity tomorrow morning and might mix the Chest Shoulders & Biceps workout into the routine instead of the Plyometrics.

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:19:43 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

The workout routine I use is found at http://stronglifts.com. I went from 160 to 195 over the course of a summer using this program. It is extremely simple (no need to change your routine all the time), but it WORKS:
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:09:23 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The workout routine I use is found at http://stronglifts.com. I went from 160 to 195 over the course of a summer using this program. It is extremely simple (no need to change your routine all the time), but it WORKS:

35 lb gain? NonStopSteroid usage!!!!!

I'll have to check that site out.

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:20:26 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Believe me, I was juiced. So much milk it was running out my ears and nostrils. ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:46:44 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,751
Applause Received: 1,319

I don't take anything extra to wake up. MOL like MT Bob I stagger/stumble around in the dark/ predawn light. Get my walking clothes on and head out. My eyes are still almost completely shut for the first block or so. The cold and wind usually wake me up the rest of the way. No artificial stimulant needed.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline macbob  
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:38:12 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 226

In April I go back to my 80 hour work days.

Good lord. I hope you have split personalities, and all of them are on the clock simultaneously... :icon_smile:
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2011 4:44:50 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Believe me, I was juiced. So much milk it was running out my ears and nostrils. ;)

(And nipples....)LOL!
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2011 12:31:08 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I've spent the last couple months eating pretty much whatever I could in hopes of gaining a few pounds. I finally got to a weight that I felt comfortable with being able to maintain so I was gonna start working out again. Two days later, I dropped five pounds. Unreal.

Anyhow, I've given up hope on gaining weight and am going to start working out again because it made me feel better and put me in a better mood. I'm going to down quite a bit of protein in hopes of turning some of the 15.7% body fat into muscle.

I'm probably posing this question to the wrong group, lol, but I live in the second floor and I'm a little worried that all the jumping around with Insanity is gonna piss off my neighbors below. Are there any tips to make it less noisy? I'm going to let my neighbors know that between 5a-6a the noise upstairs is from me working out and hope they understand. Hell, hope they're still sleeping.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed