Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2011 2:38:21 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

If you want to gain weight, give GOMAD a try. Gallon of (whole) milk a day. It works. I gained about 22 lbs between April and July this year.

For the first time in almost a year, I get to work out in a REAL, non-girly gym today. I am so pumped!
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 11:27:03 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,834
Applause Received: 1,991

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I don't take anything extra to wake up. MOL like MT Bob I stagger/stumble around in the dark/ predawn light. Get my walking clothes on and head out. My eyes are still almost completely shut for the first block or so. The cold and wind usually wake me up the rest of the way. No artificial stimulant needed.

I completed Insanity during the Packers last Super Bowl run. Only thing is on week six I think it was I threw my back out so I had to take several days off and then picked up where I left off.

Sunday I completed the entire workout from Day 1 to Day 63 no setbacks. The results have been impressive. I just wish I had ate better. I was eating Strawberry sundae's once and sometimes twice a week the first month or so.

As Rourke said, milk is a good thing to drink. It has fat which the body needs. When you consume portions of fat, your body burns that fat instead of burning muscle. I dropped from over 19% body fat to just over 14% during the workout.

You can consider me sold on Insanity. I just wish I didn't have to wake up at 5am to get the dang workouts in everyday.

To fix my sluggish morning starts, I just go to bed around 8pm-ish and get a decent 7-8 hours of sleep and I'm good to go.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 6/17/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#18 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 2:32:23 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 101
Applause Received: 100

Buy some of these: http://www.allstarhealth...4TSUZTUGanbDErxVnJvD_BwE

---Best vitamin supplement I've ever taken. I only took 3 instead of recommended 6. I have also done 5 hour energy which used to work for me but no longer does.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 6/16/2014(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#19 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 5:42:07 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
The workout routine I use is found at http://stronglifts.com. I went from 160 to 195 over the course of a summer using this program. It is extremely simple (no need to change your routine all the time), but it WORKS:

This shit will absolutely destroy your back if you don't do these lifts with proper form. Be very careful.
call me Dan
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:20:49 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

I tossed my back out by failing to use proper form doing Power Jumps during the Insanity workout several years ago. I landed on my heal and YIKES! I finished the workout and the 17 minute Cardio Abs but after my body wasn't warm anymore, the back tightened up severely.

So, needless to say, I won't be doing anything that could destroy my back lol

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 6:41:22 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,741
Applause Received: 1,311

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I completed Insanity during the Packers last Super Bowl run. Only thing is on week six I think it was I threw my back out so I had to take several days off and then picked up where I left off.

Sunday I completed the entire workout from Day 1 to Day 63 no setbacks. The results have been impressive. I just wish I had ate better. I was eating Strawberry sundae's once and sometimes twice a week the first month or so.

As Rourke said, milk is a good thing to drink. It has fat which the body needs. When you consume portions of fat, your body burns that fat instead of burning muscle. I dropped from over 19% body fat to just over 14% during the workout.

You can consider me sold on Insanity. I just wish I didn't have to wake up at 5am to get the dang workouts in everyday.

To fix my sluggish morning starts, I just go to bed around 8pm-ish and get a decent 7-8 hours of sleep and I'm good to go.

I didn't think my bad back would allow for a more vigorous workout but I have been going to do a cardio step workout 3 mornings a week. it starts before 6 and she wraps it up just before 7. Normally I walk the mile to and from the class. After 40 minutes she switches us to hand weights for about 10 minutes then she finishes by working the legs and abs. There is no way I would be able to push myself that hard on my own. If I can find the time I am trying to figure out what else I can do on the other days. I use my Mom's elliptical trainer when I stay at her house. That really killed my legs.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 6:50:36 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I didn't think my bad back would allow for a more vigorous workout but I have been going to do a cardio step workout 3 mornings a week. it starts before 6 and she wraps it up just before 7. Normally I walk the mile to and from the class. After 40 minutes she switches us to hand weights for about 10 minutes then she finishes by working the legs and abs. There is no way I would be able to push myself that hard on my own. If I can find the time I am trying to figure out what else I can do on the other days. I use my Mom's elliptical trainer when I stay at her house. That really killed my legs.

I think the biggest key is that no single workout is for everyone. We all have to find out what works for us. I hope you continue yours! I bet you're doing awesome!

I was debating between another round of Insanity or trying Focus T25. After seeing this video, my decision was clear lol

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed