mi_keys
14 years ago
I think we'll win too. I think the biggest thing that the Packers showed us in this last game against Arizona was that we can get pressure on that line, particularly with Matthews. He absolutely embarrassed whoever tried to block him. I know the stats show that we didn't get a sack but Matthews forced the holding in the end zone for a safety and we hit Leinert a lot. He looked like he wanted to get the hell out of there. And we did this without bringing our blitz packages. We were just bringing a standard four man rush.
Born and bred a cheesehead
dhazer
14 years ago
Boldin being out would be a huge plus for us, If he's healthy enough to play then they can run alot of 3 and 4 wr sets which then brings Bush into play. That right there is the scariest part because everyone and their mother knows they will attack Bush.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
14 years ago

Boldin being out would be a huge plus for us, If he's healthy enough to play then they can run alot of 3 and 4 wr sets which then brings Bush into play. That right there is the scariest part because everyone and their mother knows they will attack Bush.

"dhazer" wrote:

It would be a huge plus. If Boldin can't go that means we can have Woodson largely on Fitzgerald and Williams on Breaston meaning if they're bringing on another guy it's Urban against Bush. That's much better for us than Breaston against Bush. They'll probably still try to exploit that match up but won't be as bad. Hopefully Williams and Woodson play as well as they did last week. I was really impressed by how Tramon played against Fitgerald after Woodson went down.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Rockmolder
14 years ago

All we need to do is shut down there passing game. We need to Blitz Warner put pressure make him throw turnovers. We need to play aggressive against them on offense too pounding the ball with Grant / Jackson / Green get them tired and all.

"shield4life" wrote:

Blitzing Warner is exactly what we shouldn't do.

That says something, coming from me, as I'm Rex Ryan's biggest fan.

Anyway, Warner will pick you apart when you blitz him, but he has the mobility of a statue. The key is getting pressure with 4. He'll force it into tight spaces, he'll throw it up to Fitzgerald.

With Clay going against guard-turned-tackle Jeremy Bridges (A journeyman guard, at that), I like our chances. Brad Jones on Levi Brown is a match-up I like, as well. It's pretty safe to call the man a bust by now and he can't handle agile rusher. Exactly what Jones is.

In short, their tackle situation is as bad as ours was the first half of the season.

We should be able to get to them Warner with 4, 5.

"dhazer" wrote:

Breaston on Bush would've been horrible. I loved our match-ups at the start of the season. Harris on Boldin, Woodson on Fitzgerald and Williams on Breaston. Perfect counter group.

Woodson on Fitzgerald is still intact. Williams on Boldin is a questionable match-up, with how physical Boldin is. Bush on Breaston would've been horrible.

I like our chances again, though. I'm carefully optimistic about having Bush on Urban or Doucet. Williams on Breaston is a match-up I like, as well.

That said, I think we're playing a lot of zone, anyway. I can't imagine that we'll go after their receiving corps the way we did in week 17. We where in their face, playing man, leaving Woodson one on one with Fitz half the time.

I would love it if we did, though.
bboystyle
14 years ago
the way i feel about this game is as empty as i felt when we played the Lions,Browns,Bears,Seattle,and even AZ last week...And look how well those games went...can we lose? sure,any given sunday....Do i expect us to win? yes, because overall we're a better football team...Also, they lack a defense and thats not good for any playoff team especially against a high powered offense like GB...AZ's pass rush has been decent but nothing to worry about...Rodgers will have all day to throw and will exploit the mismatches just like the last two times we played them...Save all that "meaningless games" crap...The starters were in both games at some point and during those times,we moved the ball with ease and stop them with ease..You call it vanilla plays,i call it an ass whipping!
Dulak
14 years ago

the way i feel about this game is as empty as i felt when we played the Lions,Browns,Bears,Seattle,and even AZ last week...And look how well those games went...can we lose? sure,any given sunday....Do i expect us to win? yes, because overall we're a better football team...Also, they lack a defense and thats not good for any playoff team especially against a high powered offense like GB...AZ's pass rush has been decent but nothing to worry about...Rodgers will have all day to throw and will exploit the mismatches just like the last two times we played them...Save all that "meaningless games" crap...The starters were in both games at some point and during those times,we moved the ball with ease and stop them with ease..You call it vanilla plays,i call it an ass whipping!

"bboystyle" wrote:

nice post ...

And rock as far as the blitzes go - 4 or 5 guys is enough IMO; just have to change up whom we blitz (just like the jets do).
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"Dulak" wrote:

nice post ...

And rock as far as the blitzes go - 4 or 5 guys is enough IMO; just have to change up whom we blitz (just like the jets do).

"bboystyle" wrote:

Maybe not even that. Asuming that we'll be running a lot of 2-4-5, we should just have our LBers dominate their tackles. Something, like I said in my last post, that should be quite possible.

Maybe throw in a blitz to keep them off balance.
djcubez
14 years ago

So you're saying you think the Cards will win, Porky?

"djcubez" wrote:

I think he's pointing out how the Cardinals will win, if they do.

I for one think this game will get ugly like the Pittsburgh game. It could turn into a game where whichever teams offense has the ball last will win it. I have a lot of faith in our offense but I just can't see our defense stopping all their weapons. I feel like if we keep dialing up the pressure we'll have a better chance at winning but Capers seems to favor running prevent defenses in those situations. It's going to be a tough game but I don't think any team can realistically stop our offense at this point. The only way we don't put points on the board when we have the ball is if we shoot ourselves in the foot, which have done quite often this season.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Not to say I told you so but damn it's scary to read this now.
warhawk
  • warhawk
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

So you're saying you think the Cards will win, Porky?

"djcubez" wrote:

I think he's pointing out how the Cardinals will win, if they do.

I for one think this game will get ugly like the Pittsburgh game. It could turn into a game where whichever teams offense has the ball last will win it. I have a lot of faith in our offense but I just can't see our defense stopping all their weapons. I feel like if we keep dialing up the pressure we'll have a better chance at winning but Capers seems to favor running prevent defenses in those situations. It's going to be a tough game but I don't think any team can realistically stop our offense at this point. The only way we don't put points on the board when we have the ball is if we shoot ourselves in the foot, which have done quite often this season.

"djcubez" wrote:

Not to say I told you so but damn it's scary to read this now.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Lotto numbers please.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (33m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (47m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
36m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.