Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I went to Kmart, Target, Best Buy, Walmart, and Shopko looking at cameras a few hours ago.

I'm on Sears website and it looks like they have a nice selection. The battery thing you mentioned was a concern of mine. I'd prefer one that accepted regular batteries, even though it will go through them fast, I can deal with that. I have lots of batteries so I can just pop in a new set.

Going through it a bit more. I need something that fits the following.
[list]
  • Taking pictures indoors of the girls.
  • Taking pictures of the girls in their concerts, limited lighting. (no one really gets good pictures there)
    Record short videos of the girls doing silly things, or opening presents.
    AA or AAA battery operated.
    Use of SD card of some thing. Either normal SD or Micro SD.
    And around 100 bucks. I can probably push 150 if its really good.
    [/list]

Edit, I really like the pictures IronMan took, but 229.00 is more than I can push out of my bunhole for a camera.
    UserPostedImage
    dfosterf
    14 years ago
    You are making a mistake on the battery thing.

A big one, imo.
    Zero2Cool
    14 years ago

You are making a mistake on the battery thing.

A big one, imo.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I'm not trying to be rude, but telling me it's a mistake doesn't help me avoid making said mistake. Can you explain why its a mistake and what is the best route to take?
    UserPostedImage
    dfosterf
    14 years ago
    As I already said while you guys had a picture / k mart battle while I was posting, these digital cameras go through conventional batteries at an alarming rate.

I wrote the generalized advise while those pics and comments went up. Scroll back. That isn't just me talking, I went to the various photography sites and researched all of these cameras and features.

This is my second digital camera. I have several SLR's my first being an Olypmpus OM-1 which still takes some of the best photos imaginable. This new purchase being an Olypus is a coincidence. I also have a Nikon and a Canon SLR.

My (existing until this new one came) digital camera takes AA batteries. I had gotten so weary of changing out the batteries that when I was indoors I would use the AC power and an extension cord. But you go ahead...lol I'm not being rude either, but I hope you have a lot of those batteries..You will need them. The rechargeable battery lasts a long time, btw. and recharges in two hrs. To each their own. You will be able to get "more camera" if you opt to go the conventional battery route--if you do the research. If not, you got hosed. It is one of those "trade-offs" that you should expect.
    Zero2Cool
    14 years ago

As I already said while you guys had a picture / k mart battle while I was posting, these digital cameras go through conventional batteries at an alarming rate.

I wrote the generalized advise while those pics and comments went up. Scroll back. That isn't just me talking, I went to the various photography sites and researched all of these cameras and features.

This is my second digital camera. I have several SLR's my first being an Olypmpus OM-1 which still takes some of the best photos imaginable. This new purchase being an Olypus is a coincidence. I also have a Nikon and a Canon SLR.

My (existing until this new one came) digital camera takes AA batteries. I had gotten so weary of changing out the batteries that when I was indoors I would use the AC power and an extension cord. But you go ahead...lol

"dfosterf" wrote:

I don't know what to go ahead with. That's why I'm asking for help and advice.

What battery option is the best?
    UserPostedImage
    Formo
    14 years ago
    My Canon PowerShot SX110IS  ran through AA batteries at a slow rate.. But still were inconvenient when they did run out.

That is, until I started buying the Ultimate Lithium batteries . Don't let those prices scare you, I spent exactly $9.04 at Target for a 4 pack.. And they last months. Well, the 4 pack does.

Then, when they stop running the camera, they make AWESOME back up batteries for our remotes and my laptop wireless mouse. Worth the extra 3 bucks, IMO.
    UserPostedImage
    Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
    Zero2Cool
    14 years ago
    That's the same camera IronMan has, I think.
    UserPostedImage
    dfosterf
    14 years ago
    OK-- I did the unthinkable, but since it's not for ME (lol) I'm giving myself a waiver.

I investigated Wal Mart. I ALSO investigated the GREEN BAY walmart, as what good does it do to have the online deal (which is MOST of them, btw)

IN STORE DEAL IN STOCK at GREEN BAY STORE

Starting 2 hours and 17 minutes ago (From Green Bay Walmart flyer)

Package deal :

Samsung 12.2 megapixel
    5x optical zoom
    Camera case
    2 gig card

Camera ALONE regularly 149.99

Walmart  

The package deal is on page 2 of the flyer

The camera details:

Samsung SL502 

THAT is a great box store deal, and you would have it in time for the game.

The battery is rechargeable. Sorry. (Gimme a break, I'm kiddin' ya, and this was a pain in my ass to research, lol)
    Zero2Cool
    14 years ago
    That's the one I liked the most, in my price range, but it was at WalMart and I'm not too fond of buying electronics there. I have, but just uneasy. I also get a 10% discount on items there too. I know someone who works there.

Thank you for the research. I really liked that camera when I was playing with it earlier.
    UserPostedImage
    Formo
    14 years ago

That's the same camera IronMan has, I think.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Nice. I don't know the price on mine cause I got it as a gift last Christmas. But, it IS a nice camera. lol
    UserPostedImage
    Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
    Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
    Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
    Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
    dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
    Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.