Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I'm going to be getting a little cash from my second job and I'm going to use it on a Digital Camera. I went to several stores checking some out today.

Which would be the best one to get for around a hundred bucks?
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago
I got this a while ago

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-Camera/26171/COOLPIX-P90.html 

but not 100

But if you can get a nikon for about 100 Id go for that brand
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Click HERE  to see what I was thinking.

I was hoping for something to take pictures at the game monday, more specifically I want to have a decent camera for my daughters concerts. So I need to be able to zoom in about a 75-100 feet or so.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
I just got a Olympus FE 4000 from NewEgg 12 megapixel 4x optical zoom Lithium rechargeable battery,

I also got a Kingston 4 GB mini-SDHC card and an olympus case

The camera is regularly 149.99 from newegg It sells for as much as 200.00
in the box stores. They had it as one of their black friday deals (I made this purchase on Thanksgiving day) I got the camera for 99.99 free shipping.

The memory works perfectly in this camera. This can be a source of concern, because some Olympus cameras only like their proprietary card.
The camera comes with the adapter to accept the mini-SDHC card.

The card also comes with USB reader. The regular price for the card was 26.00 from Kingston. NewEgg sold it for 8.99

The case is an Olympus case, and comes with little pockets for things like memory, etc. It sells for 12.95 from Olympus. New Egg sold it for free.

I also went online and found out that if you go to Newegg through Bing, you will receive a 10% cashback. I did this after I had already put mu stuff in my "cart" at newgg, thought they had forgotten about it/whatever, but at checkout, Newegg told me to check my e-mail from Bing. Sure enough, I had to fill out a little "paperwork" with Bing, but got 11.00 credited to me. I don't get that $$ for 60 days, but you can have it instantly credited to you through your paypal account.

That picture I took of my dog in the member photo thread is from that camera. The software is awesome and incredibly easy to use. That picture was reduced to fit here..other than that, it is un-retouched, and it was taken with flash in the semi-dark. It was the 3rd pic I had taken with that camera.

"Out the door" at 97.00 dollars, with 4 GB of memory (1125 pictures at 12 megapixel res) on a 12megepixel 4x optical zoom camera that is rechargeable (vs. many with this many megapixel but use regular batteries -- "watch out" for that) and an Olympus case.

I say impossible to beat. I busted my ass trying to, which is how I got to where I got. You HAVE to watch and make sure all of your various items are "free shipping" or New egg will try and hose you. I had originally put Olympus memory in the cart, and they tacked 5.95 shipping on the order.

You will laugh when you see a miniSD card and realize that they were adding shipping based on that. It has to weigh less than a fingernail clipping.

I am thrilled with my (?wife's? lol) camera. It is awesome. It don't look like a fancy schmancy SLR but digital (It looks like all the other point and shoot) but it ACTS like it. I see where 10x optical would be better, but this camera also has additional digital telephoto/zoom, for whatever that is worth. I say the zoom is plenty for games. I wish you had asked this question in time for this game. You will be hard-pressed to find that memory for under 26.00, for example...whatever camera you buy... and you need it.

:thumbleft:
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
List of Nikon Cameras 

I thought one with a good high optical zoom would be good, but then I seen one that has a 12x OZ, and the 10x took a more clear picture. I'm thinking it had something to do with the focus.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
You can reduce the megapixels.

I started with those Nikon coolpix cameras. I ended up where I ended up.

Sears had the camera I got in their stores for 99.99 also They regularly sell it for 199.99

WATCH the battery issue! You want a rechargeable camera.

I would check if Sears is still running that deal

If you go Nikon

Target coolpix s203 was 89.95 regularly 139.99
10mp 3x optical rechargeable best deal in Nikon in box stores---
Again, I did the research trade-offs have to do with battery

That one is also rechargeable (Oh has 44mb internal mem which is high, but meaningless -- you need a mem card with all of them

In answer to one of the questions--- My wife and I enjoy photographic art. My home has a lot of Ansel Adams, for example. There are stores online (now) that specialize in oversize printing. With a high megapixel camera (12 is where most say the MP "war" is stopping" You can get a poster size print (they even do canvas--I found a place that will do a poster size canvas for 46.00 dollars) that is in the same visual resolution as a regualy sized photograph--- Think about that for a second...

You can have a Lambeau shot on canvas, poster - sized...If you have enough megapixels, that is--Otherwise it would be "grainy". As an example.
doddpower
14 years ago
I would recommend Canon all the way. Incredibly well made cameras, although, not so light on the wallet. If you indeed are looking for something cheaper and easier on the wallet, a Nikon or Kodak are probably the way to go.

What makes a good digital camera good? One could write pages and pages about that. It all depends on what you're looking for. The camera I posted the pictures from the Dallas game is a great camera, but doesn't have but like a 5x zoom, making it less preferable for you. It's also not all about megapixels, but they certainly don't hurt. An SLR would be ideal, because you can change the lens to fit your needs as opposed to trying to make one generic lens do it all.

Blaaah, who knows. But yeah, I would definitely recommend looking at New Egg for any technology stuff. Generally always cheaper, and, well, it's not Wal-Mart. Ewwww.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
My primary use will be to take pictures of my daughters and short recordings while they open presents and things like that. Also when they have concerts, it'd be nice to take pictures where you can see the faces with me knowing which one is mine, lol.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

My primary use will be to take pictures of my daughters and short recordings while they open presents and things like that. Also when they have concerts, it'd be nice to take pictures where you can see the faces with me knowing which one is mine, lol.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Like I said, I just finished doing this whole thing you are going through, so chances are pretty good I did the research on whatever camera you are about to buy, or it's equivalent. Amazing how they "customize" cameras for the different retailers, with slight differences...forcing you to compare an apple and an orange.

The bad news is that you are under a time constraint, so online is probably off the table for you. The good news, if you are buying in a box store, is that I was originally tasked with researching box store options for my wife, so know about most of those also. The bad news (again, lol lol lol) is that Wal Mart was OFF THE TABLE lol lol lol and that is probably where you are planning on going, so I will probably be of little use when you go to buy your low bidded chinese piece of fucking shit that they made them make components out of bubble gum instead of the recommended titanium in order to reduce the product cost by one more fine red chinese pubic hair lol lol lol editorial in there somewhere.

WHATEVER you do, I would remember this:

8 megapixel or better--- great pics--amazing how far they have come.

Optical zoom matters 1000 times more than digital zoom digital zoom is relatively worthless, as pic quality degrades badly when used

ALL of the known brands are good. Go with price, imo

You will REGRET it if you decide to trade off the rechargeable battery for AA or AAA batteries--these cameras suck battery power...especially with zoom and flash

You have to remember that internal memory is worthless, except as emergency for when your flash card is full. You have to budget for a flash card. The difference between (most) of these cameras at 20mb of internal memory and (some) with as much as 44mb is meaningless. How meaningless? 20mb= 5 pics 44mb=10 pics = meaningless (remember my 1125 pics with card comment?--That's at 12megapixel res, too!)

I say you should have a case to protect your camera.
IronMan
14 years ago

it's not Wal-Mart. Ewwww.

"doddpower" wrote:

I bought this camera at Wal Mart.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

[EDITED - Sorry, one of the pictures was breaking the tables. Zero2Cool]
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.