Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:46:22 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Nice find on the Raven's comment. I wish we had a list of boards that we could intercommunicate with during that teams week.

For instance, this week, we infiltrate Raven's board respectfully engaging in discussion about the upcoming game.

Edit. I need your help on this. I'd like to group up every NFL team website that has a discussion board.

Edited by user Monday, June 17, 2013 5:41:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Rockmolder  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:00:35 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 243

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Nice find on the Raven's comment. I wish we had a list of boards that we could intercommunicate with during that teams week.

For instance, this week, we infiltrate Raven's board respectfully engaging in discussion about the upcoming game.

Yeah, that's going to turn out just alright. Lol.

But I have to agree, Flacco isn't as good as Rodgers. He was very mediocre last year, but his team won some games. The defense isn't playing as well as they used to, and now Flacco is struggling pretty bad.

I think that this kid can turn it around. If you looked at him play at the start of the season, he looked pretty impressive. He's no push over. If we underestimate him, we might be up for a long game.

Think of the Vikings games. Flacco's nowhere near Favre and Rice and McGahee aren't as good Peterson, but if we come out, only stopping the run again, we might be screwed.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 3:14:19 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 175
Applause Received: 392

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Fan to fan alliance

My understanding is that they accept one site per team, which is why it's only pc for the Pack.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 3:42:04 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Ouch? They used PC? PC is good, but having read their place for a long time, we have much better discussions here. And we have the best members. How did this happen?

Edit, I'm bias, of course, but I feel we meet this better. :)

Quote:
What are the requirements to join F2FA?

Our requirements are simple. Each member of F2FA must:
[ul]Be fan-based. Commericial sites are not allowed in F2FA. Each F2FA member site is created, and operated by, a fan of the team it represents.

Have an active message board. F2FA sites promote one another all week leading up to the game. This allows fans from one site to interact with fans from another which increases traffic for both.

Have a dedicated url. Dedicated urls (web addresses) make a site's location easier to find and remember.

Have a link to the F2FA.com site and a weekly link to any opponent member's site. This allows us to promote each other and F2FA as a whole. You can see how this is done by visiting any member site.[/ul]

What's the determination of a commercial site? One that carries a financial profit?
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:02:18 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

I think the f2f matters to the sites that have it, because it definitely "builds and keeps" their site in the national eye amongst the other fanbases.

It doesn't really matter (much, imo) to us in the sense that both PC and PPO -- as an excellent example--- are the two "big" sites for their respective fan bases, forums-wise, yet...

(PPO is the purple f2f site)

PPO seems to have a lot more "interconnectivity" with US, instead of PC.

Really, all that would need to happen is for members HERE to link with the f2f sites of the other teams. The reason being is that we would build a relationship with each of those sites, regardless if we are a "formal" member of the f2f alliance. That alliance is obviously important to the site owners, but the fans themselves...not so much, except to FIND the other fan's sites.

That link I provided does precisely that. We know where to go already.

:thumbleft:

I think PC was one of the absolute original members there. If my theory is true (I seem to recall making an attempt to have us recognized) ---

You were climbing rapidly in membership rolls, were getting in the neighborhood of PC in a pure numbers sense, strengthening a case if an attempt was going to be made in order to "wrest control" of that designation from PC, if you so desired.

Then you shit-canned 2/3 of the members here , lol

(Pullin' your chain, I know why you did it, lol)
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:11:50 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I like what they've done with PChatters (I mean no disrespect to them, but I hate sites that use fan's to profit via ad links and public requests for donations.), but I just think we offer a better platform all around than most Packers sites for something of this degree.

Consider a fire lit under my ass. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I like the idea and since there's no way we're going to knock PC out of the Packers slot, something comparative will have to be done. This is being added to my project lists.
UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 7:02:19 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 234

I like this idea a lot Zero...unfortunately, it would just add to my addiction of visiting this website.

*Edit--not saying that's a bad thing... :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 9:00:28 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

lol not all at once guys ... geez
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 9:10:52 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

I'm getting the torches and pitchforks.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 9:22:30 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

I volunteer to do one team [size=18]if someone else volunteers to do one.[/size]

I will do any team of Zero's choosing.

PPO's list of 30 Vikings fans sites

I am not counting this as my chore. He can still give me a team that no one else does.
UserPostedImage

Offline Yerko  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 9:47:34 PM(UTC)
Yerko

I took the easiest route and went with the Chicago Bears. This site seems legit compared to the few others that popped up in the search engine.
Chicago Bears Fan Forum
UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 9:53:01 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Steelers have plenty of fan forums. The top 2 in my opinion.
steeleraddicts.com
steelersfever.com
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 9:58:21 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

I registered and got accepted over on http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum/ after we traded Martin for Moll.

The process of getting accepted over there took about 4 days, though, so I didn't actually post anything. Lol.
UserPostedImage
Offline Scythe  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2009 1:42:54 AM(UTC)
Scythe

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 2

blank
Offline Packers_Finland  
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2009 10:30:44 AM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

This is a placeholder
Rss Feed