gotarace
14 years ago

[quote="gotarace"]Isn't this the same thing we hear every time a head is about to roll in the NFL? Faith ...i stand behind my coaches...==death sentence to someone.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Gosh I hope that's true! Meaning, Ted Thompson saying he has faith means he's going to drop Mike McCarthy after this year if we miss the playoffs or are sub .500.

If there's consistent improvement from this point forward, I'm fine with the regime. But I mean CONSISTENT improvement. None of this, good one week, awful the next, average the next. I'm talking less dropped balls, fewer flags, better special teams coverage, less sacks etc ... improvements in each phase mentioned.

Then, in the off season, I would like to see Ted Thompson pretend that we're a few players away from being a legitimate contender and spend some dollars to bring in some veteran talent.

My fear here is a recession to the point that we are the Siberia of the NFL again. The thought of upper teir free agents not wanting to play in Green Bay or us having to over pay to the point of it being no advantage for us to sign players, can become a reality soon if our ship doesn't turn quickly. We need a coaching staff that players want to play for and a team that free agents think that they can be a real difference maker in.
We all know Ted won't over pay a free agent to play here and with that being said we have to make the entire package more attractive for free agents.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
macbob
14 years ago

Source Link 

Theyre at the same point this season heading into their ninth game. Beginning with Sundays game against the NFC East-leading Dallas Cowboys at Lambeau Field, the Packers face a much tougher second-half schedule, which has many wondering how they can avoid the same fate as last season, when they finished 6-10 a year after playing in the NFC championship game.

Because I have faith, Packers General Manager Ted Thompson said Friday when asked why this year would be different. I have faith in these players and coaches and in the Green Bay Packers.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

"macbob" wrote:

So when asked the difference between this year and last year, Ted responds this year I have faith in the players and coaches? Last year he didnt have faith in them???

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Of course he did last year, we all did. They were coming off of a 13-3 season. You are reading way too much into the comments and making a big deal out of something that isn't.

edit: The part you quoted that says "this year" was not in Ted's quote. Please don't add stuff that isn't there to help strengthen your argument, just let it stand on it's own accurately. That kind of stuff is incredibly irritating.

I'm assuming your comment was directed at me, not Z2C, who posted the original article.

The article starts out that the Packers were 4-4 last year and crumbled in the second half, winning just two more games.

The article Z2C posted goes on to say:

Because I have faith, Packers General Manager Ted Thompson said Friday when asked why this year would be different.

I added nothing to Z2C's article and did not alter any quotes from the article. I simply made a smart-ass comment, and if that's no longer allowed on this site then I'm not the only one who's going to be in a boatload of trouble.

edited for spelling...sigh...
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Last year we had faith in our defensive staff too . . . right up to the day they got the axe. These words mean nothing and nothing should be read into them.
UserPostedImage
Blitz
14 years ago
Someone needs to remind Ted that faith is not a method for success.
"... There.. is.. your.. dagger..!! "
skeetar
14 years ago

"Blitz" wrote:

But just look at all it's done for religion! Ted feels that there is something to be said in believing something even though it is supported by exactly zero evidence, and who are we to disagree with him?
blank
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

"skeetar" wrote:

But just look at all it's done for religion! Ted feels that there is something to be said in believing something even though it is supported by exactly zero evidence, and who are we to disagree with him?

"Blitz" wrote:

What exactly did people expect Ted to say? HE SAYS NOTHING OF VALUE, EVEN WHEN HE SPEAKS!

There is a reason other papers have not been publishing their conversations with Ted after games - with the Milwaukee JS being a prime example. Bedard said flat out that Ted speaks, but says nothing new or what we already don't know when they get comments from him after games.

All Ted can do right now is have faith, because we sure as hell aren't going to find young Ts that can step in and play like Cliffy/Taush in their prime.

Ted no doubt realizes he made some mistakes (again) with the roster construction. He has to hope that something works out, because he sure as hell can't fix this roster until the off-season.

I'll say this though, the mistakes Ted has made (over-valuing aging tackles, ironically) are the types of mistakes that get people fired. After seeing the beating that Rodgers has taken, and how our offense has suffered as a result, it's enough to warrant Ted's firing. Wheter he actually does, I'm not sure.

People need to remember we have the CBA expiring and an uncapped year next season. How many organizatoins are going to consider major overhauls with such an uncertain period coming up? Ted may well have no one to blame but himself if he is fired, but it is far from likely he will be.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (22h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
41m / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.