yooperfan
15 years ago
I think I'd stick with what we have with the 2 rooks and keep building this young team.
RaiderPride
15 years ago
I have complete and total trust in what the Packers are doing and the path that they have chosen to take.

There is a reason I was not interviewed for the Head coach or G.M. job in Green Bay.

Although, they should have hired me to handle the media/PR instead of that White House Hack.

R.P.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

There is a reason I was not interviewed for the Head coach or G.M. job in Green Bay.

"PackOne" wrote:

Did it involve Canadian Club?

"RaiderPride" wrote:

I would advise you not to answer that question, rather direct it to the Chinese Media Commission for a statement.
UserPostedImage
minnypacker
15 years ago

We could always pick up Craig Nall again ;)

"eap33" wrote:

Or Tim Rattay. Think of guys who have run the Packers (mcCarthy System) they very likely could get a call during the season.
Pack93z
15 years ago

I completely disagree with you.

Rodgers goes down, the season's lost. Put Brohm in there. Have him learn. See what he's made of.

I keep Rodgers, Brohm, Flynn. Don't want a Vet. Only Vet I'd want is Jeff Garcia and he's staying put.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

You disagree with me.. how dare you.. :lol: (*edit.. to make sure it is clear.. disagree with me often.. I make plenty of misreads)

What I am saying is just this.. we have the pieces in place to make a deep run into the playoffs.. but it all hinges on Arod...

My opinion.. is you minimize the risk of ruining your season on the loss of one single player.. regardless of position. By relying on completely unproven players behind your starter is a huge risk.. by signing a veteran a couple weeks/months ago that could have minimized your dependency on rookies would be a fair move to the rest of your ball club.

To hammer home the point, that move a couple weeks ago may not have been a former QB.. if I was pretty confident that relationship was beyond repair I would have moved on acquiring another option for the club.

In my business I design everything with a failsafe redundancy option.. two rookies behind a first time starter doesn't equal that in my book. Again.. just my opinion.. but the dragging out the summer drama has put us in a bit of a bind here.. but again.. what is in the best interest of the club needs to prevail.

And RP.. I have faith in the leadership of this club.. however this is a risk that doesn't have much room for error. Name another club out there with only 3 QB's on the roster going through camp?

As a fan of this club, I see nothing wrong with questioning the soundness of this QB strategy we are deploying.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
15 years ago

You disagree with me.. how dare you.. :lol: (*edit.. to make sure it is clear.. disagree with me often.. I make plenty of misreads)

What I am saying is just this.. we have the pieces in place to make a deep run into the playoffs.. but it all hinges on Arod...

My opinion.. is you minimize the risk of ruining your season on the loss of one single player.. regardless of position. By relying on completely unproven players behind your starter is a huge risk.. by signing a veteran a couple weeks/months ago that could have minimized your dependency on rookies would be a fair move to the rest of your ball club.

To hammer home the point, that move a couple weeks ago may not have been a former QB.. if I was pretty confident that relationship was beyond repair I would have moved on acquiring another option for the club.

In my business I design everything with a failsafe redundancy option.. two rookies behind a first time starter doesn't equal that in my book. Again.. just my opinion.. but the dragging out the summer drama has put us in a bit of a bind here.. but again.. what is in the best interest of the club needs to prevail.

And RP.. I have faith in the leadership of this club.. however this is a risk that doesn't have much room for error. Name another club out there with only 3 QB's on the roster going through camp?

As a fan of this club, I see nothing wrong with questioning the soundness of this QB strategy we are deploying.

"pack93z" wrote:

Good argument.

My counter:

We got rid of Brett Favre, so, the new strategy is building for the future rather than try to win it all now. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's my understanding of what we're doing.

I don't think anyone who's sober can tell me with a straight face that Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Brett Favre. But, TT/MM's lines of reasoning are Rodgers has upside, Favre has downside, and instead of having the Sherman strategy of damning our future for a shot to win it all now, we are planning to be good for a very long time.

Now, if you're planning to be good for a long time, you want 2 good QBs. You have Aaron Rodgers, your starter, and you train Brian Brohm to be his backup. If you put a Vet in there, the Vet becomes #2, we lose Flynn completely (who may be a long-term project), and Brohm never sees the field. Do you really want to sacrifice our long-term QB development for a win now approach?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DGB454
15 years ago
Stay with the current group. If The Rodgers goes down then were doomed. What other choice do we have at this point? No good vets out there right now unless Johnson is cut loose. I think Culpepper would be trouble. I believe he would keep pushing for the starting position and cause a rift in the locker room if Rodgers doesn't tear it up the first couple games.
wils0646
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Good argument.

My counter:

We got rid of Brett Favre, so, the new strategy is building for the future rather than try to win it all now. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's my understanding of what we're doing.

I don't think anyone who's sober can tell me with a straight face that Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Brett Favre. But, TT/MM's lines of reasoning are Rodgers has upside, Favre has downside, and instead of having the Sherman strategy of damning our future for a shot to win it all now, we are planning to be good for a very long time.

Now, if you're planning to be good for a long time, you want 2 good QBs. You have Aaron Rodgers, your starter, and you train Brian Brohm to be his backup. If you put a Vet in there, the Vet becomes #2, we lose Flynn completely (who may be a long-term project), and Brohm never sees the field. Do you really want to sacrifice our long-term QB development for a win now approach?

"pack93z" wrote:

I think management wants to win now though. It just doesn't seem right to have 0 experience behind the main guy, especially if you consider Rodgers injury prone (which I don't). I'm guessing Ted Thompson does add a vet before the season starts.

edit: LOL, LOVE THE T T WORD FILTER.
The Pack Will Be Back.
DGB454
15 years ago
Gotta try that.
Ted Thompson Ted Thompson Ted Thompson

Hmmm.......Can't put 3 Ted Thompson in a row I guess.
RaiderPride
15 years ago

"PackOne" wrote:

Did it involve Canadian Club?

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Damn Right it did. Canadian Club on the Rocks.

It is time that I lay it out here. So you know where I am coming from.

Do you remember "Jerry Tagge" Ok, I was his agent. I Signed him out of Nebraska after he was MVP of the Orange Bowl in 1971 and 1972. When Jerry was named Co-MVP of the Hula Bowl we signed a contract with the Green Bay Packers.

When Jerry Tagge came to the Packers Ted Thompson hated him. Ted was a young man at that time delivering inter office mail in the Packers organization at the time.

Ted would steal the stats in the inter office mail and adjust them so it looked Like Jerry was playing bad when he released the numbers to the press.

Because of a young, vindictive, Ted Thompson, in the mail room in 1972 Jerry Tagge never got a fair shot. At the time Ted was heard to say in the mail room... "This is my team, and I want to build it my way."

To make a long story short. Jerry Tagge and I were very upset. We decided to go fishing in B.C. We were shit faced on Canadian Club in a strip bar and we met Vick Rapp the coach of the B.C. Lions and the rest is history.

Jerry Tagge- He was named a CFL all-star and winner of the Jeff Nicklin Memorial Trophy and runner-up for the CFL's Most Outstanding Player Award. In 1977, he completed 232 of 405 passes for 2787 yards, and in 1978, he hit on 243 of 430 passes for 3134 yards. He played part of the 1979 season before injuries forced him to retire.

See... Ted Thompson is evil. Jerry Tagge could have been Brett Favre from 1973 t0 1992.

Ted has to go. He has an ego. he had it ever since he worked in the Packer Mail Room as a delivery boy.

Let's all get rid of Ted.

R.P.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Fan Shout
dhazer (33m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.