Zero2Cool
14 years ago
First, the site is not going anywhere.

For a few weeks I've considered shutting it down primarily because of the way certain discussions have gone and how a few members consistently do nothing but drag everyone down. Maybe not everyone, maybe just me?

I don't mind constructive criticism from anyone towards anything. I actually like it because I'm always wanting to improve and with proper criticism comes potential for just that, improvement. The manner in which some deliver there message has wore on me heavily.

With the stepping down of dfosterf and pack93z, I've decided that the remaining two moderators should as well. Nonstopdrivel and porky88 are no longer moderators. Some of you will say it's because I'm a dictator and it's easier to dictate this way. Those who know me and others who are directly involved know the true reasons for this. They have done a great job and I couldn't have asked for a better staff than what was had. Each provided something that I needed. When one leg disappeared, the table was able to stand. When the second leg disappeared, well no table can stand on two legs. I'm the table and they were each a leg.

There's absolutely no reason for those to take on the burden of my mistakes as a site owner. It's not fair to them and it's not right of me to allow that to continue. My failure to communicate properly throughout the staff is a major reason for this sudden change. I have no patience. I think of something, I want to see it in action. That's not right as a leader. I'd put something into action, then ask opinions. Shoot first, ask questions later.

When I started PH, it was nothing but a hobby and place to talk to a few friends and host my highlight videos. I hadn't made website in sometime and I wanted to try my hand at it again. In the last year, much thanks to PF's failure (personal opinion) and our weekly Sunday special feature, it's grown into something far more than I ever imagined or desired it to be. I did not intend on having nearly two thousand people register here, hence, why I keep deleting hundreds at a time to narrow it down. One reason for that is people who come here will see a low registered number and go somewhere else. Those who stay because of the small number, chances are they want to be part of a smaller community and usually those are the people I think make a site better. Those who want to be part of something that has 3k members, it's usually because they just want to have their voice heard by as many as possible.

I've preferred a quality over quantity approach. Another reason why you don't see me advertising PH all over the interwebz.

My goal, my vision so to speak is to offer a place for Packers fans to discuss the Packers without worrying about there comments being edited, deleted or being banned for simply having a different view. I don't like suspending/banning members. Maybe I'm weak because of this, but I always think, next time they'll do better, next time they won't be so bitterly blind, next time. Routinely I'm wrong and I hate being wrong. I'm stubborn.

Like many of you here. I have a family. Two daughters and another one that I've essentially adopted as my own for the last eight plus years. I have two jobs. And a lot of personal issues that I'm trying to handle alone. I admit I'm not handling them the best. And sometimes that's coming through on my comments here. Which is why I'm going to TRY to be less vocal around the site.

The main features of PH that you've come to expect and admire, I'll do what I can to keep them going. I just don't know if I can contribute on the same level as I have been for the last few months. I need to take care of some other things first.

I know this was more than any of you cared to know or hear, but thanks for reading and thank you for your time here. Just understand my absence if noticed is not a sign that the site is going away. It's just me doing what I need to do.

Edit, one of the important things I wanted to say, I completely failed on saying. If you have an issue with anything on this website, it goes to me. I'm the only one to take the fall. NO one else. Don't gripe to any of the previous staff members, send it to me.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
14 years ago
Take care of your business and family first. Sorry to hear that things have been heavy lately, and sorry to hear about staff difficulties. I think things would be less tense if we were undefeated, or at least have swept the Vikes. But, that's not the way it is. Thanks for sharing and being transparent in your comments. I hope things work out the way you want them to.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
This sucks. First Vikesrule leaves, then Pack93 starts posting less and now you. Keeping everyone together never works. Especially not on the internet.

Alas, you have more important thigns to attend to. And I can understand that. I hope that life will threat you will and you will succeed in whatever you're taking the free time for. I, for one, can say that I'll miss your frequent input. Same goes for Shawn, btw.

A shame that everything turned out the way it did with your staff, as well. Felt that you had a very good group of guys runnings the show here.
Cheesey
14 years ago
If it's just a few people dragging the site down, why don't you remove the ones doing so? It IS after all YOUR site, and you have the right to remove whoever you feels is lowering it's standards.
Why even think of shutting down an entire site, where the majority of users are greatful and appreciative for a few that just seem to want to rip it down?
JMO of course.
UserPostedImage
DGB454
14 years ago
Do what you have to do. Family always comes first.
4PackGirl
14 years ago
there are people everywhere who for whatever reason, will try to knock you on your ass whenever they have the chance. don't let them win, kev.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

If it's just a few people dragging the site down, why don't you remove the ones doing so? It IS after all YOUR site, and you have the right to remove whoever you feels is lowering it's standards.
Why even think of shutting down an entire site, where the majority of users are greatful and appreciative for a few that just seem to want to rip it down?
JMO of course.

"Cheesey" wrote:

That's not the motivating factor into why I was considering removing the site from the public eye. It's one of the smaller ones.

Why it wore on me as much as it did was because I felt they were better than they display on a routine basis. Also, because no one knows the work behind the scenes or how much needs to be done to make things appear 'smooth' at times.

The majority of the members, plus some things nonstopdrivel and pack93z and porky and zombie have said to me made me think more seriously about my pending decision.

I've come to think that it's not fair to all of you to remove the site just because I have stretched myself too thin. I'm going to see if I can be more idle and just focus on a few aspects of the site instead of trying to always find more things and better things.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

JMO of course.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

That's not the motivating factor into why I was considering removing the site from the public eye. It's one of the smaller ones.

Why it wore on me as much as it did was because I felt they were better than they display on a routine basis. Also, because no one knows the work behind the scenes or how much needs to be done to make things appear 'smooth' at times.

The majority of the members, plus some things nonstopdrivel and pack93z and porky and zombie have said to me made me think more seriously about my pending decision.

I've come to think that it's not fair to all of you to remove the site just because I have stretched myself too thin. I'm going to see if I can be more idle and just focus on a few aspects of the site instead of trying to always find more things and better things.

"Cheesey" wrote:

And you should feel free to. I mean, you told us this began as a hobby. Keep it that way. Just work on it if you have some spare time. Leave it alone when you don't. Work and family, like said before, are more important.

That said... I don't want to be a know-it-all, but will the forums plummit into anarchy now? I mean, with you needing more private time and not having any mods, anymore...
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I wouldn't worry about that at all.

UserPostedImage

Feel free to report any post if NECESSARY and I do check in on the site routinely while I'm at work. So if I see something reported. I will tend to it.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago
Sometimes all it takes is to try to be in control too much of the time, or in control of too much at a time. It makes it very easy to wear thin.

One of the other forums I've been registered to for over 6 years has one single owner, and he's the only mod. He used to have 2 other mods, but since has widdled it down to just him. He ran the tightest ship when it came to forum posts.. He had a set of strict rules, and he enforced them to the T. Because he did, he had a big group of regulars, and a small group of 'casuals'. Because of his rules, the regulars would often help rally around the casuals if any issues popped up. Because of the way that forum was ran, I learned how to conduct myself properly (if you think I'm bad now.. You should have seen me 6 years ago!) on a forum.

I mention that forum because this place isn't that far off. You had a small group of mods, and you. You had creative control over the forum/site. Both of those are very similar to the forum I mentioned last paragraph. I think all you need to do is set in stone a handful of strict personal conduct rules (the guy above called them the 'Easy Ways', as in, the Easy Ways to get whacked with the ban stick) and enforce them. Make them published.. and maybe make all new forum members go through those rules before they are able to see any other forum/thread. PP.O has a 'Hell', as well. That would be another suggestion as a suitable warning. If anything, take a break and maybe take more of a behind the scene's approach and deal with any 'reported' posts and such.

Anyway, I don't know if any of that helps, or brings things into perspective.. I hope it does, but regardless, I enjoy coming here (visit as much as PP.O and more often then every other forum I've been registered to for years), and I know it would be a shame to see it run down/disappear. I know you said you weren't doing that, but still, it needs to be said.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.