Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Source Link 

I never say never. I said Id never play in Green Bay, but Im here. So Ill never say never again. Im just trying to be a good teammate. Im trying to do my job on the field the best I can and thats really what can be expected of me, so thats what Ill continue to do.

The Super Bowl is the only reason why I play. Well, I get paid well, let me take that back. Ill take that back. I do play to get paid. But Ive made a lot of money in this league. And at this point, the only thing left for me, really, as a player is to win the championship. And being close and being there and not winning is just not enough. I want to be a part of a great team and to be a part of a great team, youve got to win the whole thing. Thats the only way you secure the fact that people will talk about your team for years to come. Theres no question theres a little desperation there as far as a championship is concerned.

Ive learned that you cant please everybody. I think all of us try to a certain extent, but you always seem to get burned somehow, trying to help somebody or do something for somebody. A lot of times, you dont even get a thank-you, and whatever you do, its not enough. You figure out real early that you cant please everybody.

The one thing you cant do in the NFL is take being in the NFL for granted. Anything can happen, as far as injury, you may fall out of favor with an organization anything. Just being here, being in the NFL, you cant take it for granted. Ive never taken it for granted. I think the way I play speaks to how I feel about the game. Ive never taken for granted being here.

I drive a Lincoln MKS. The payments are low.

Im a Young & the Restless guy. I like CSI, too Miami and New York. House, too. I TiVo Young & the Restless and I check it out whenever I can. In college, I was big on Days of our Lives. Then I kind of fell off of that one with the whole demon possession thing years ago. I always kind of watched Young & the Restless, but I became a bigger fan once I got out of college. Right now, Victor seems like hes on his death bed.

My iPod has anything Jay-Z has done and a lot of R&B. Im into a lot of Carl Thomas, Avant, Mary J. Blige, Jill Scott.

My favorite movies are Life, with Martin Lawrence and Eddie Murphy, Deep Cover with Laurence Fisburne, and Casablanca. I just recently watched that one about a year, year and a half ago. Great movie. Classic.

I had a roofing job in high school, and I knew I didnt want to do that. I knew early on that I did not want to do that. That was a tough job.

Im not always reading, but I do read. The last thing I read was Revolutionary Suicide by Huey P. Newton. I just ordered Dr. Cornel Wests memoir. I just ordered that. I think that if I could just sit around him and listen to him talk, I would do that in a second.

Ive got no time for Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, any of that stuff.

I have an iPhone, but I dont talk a whole lot on it. More texting. The app I probably use the most is the Check Please app, where you calculate the tip. I use that all the time.

My Heisman Trophy is at my moms house in Florida. It still means a lot to me. It symbolizes when you win. When you win, everybody gets rewarded. If youre in the NFL, everybody gets paid. We won a lot of games that year, won a championship, and the Heisman Trophy was just the icing.

Fans dont know how much I really want to win a Super Bowl. Because thats your one chance to really say you were great. If you dont win one, a lot of people question whether a guy was great or not, for real, whatever. But as far as being part of a great team, thats the only way years from now that you know that your name and your team are solidified in history.

I love making wine. Ive gotten a chance to meet a lot of interesting people, traveling around, talking about it and just letting people know my passion for it. Its been a lot of fun. Im proud of it, because its like anything its taken a lot. A lot has gone into it. And its just now coming to fruition. But years of planning have gone into it.

My favorite moment as a Packer hasnt happened yet. I havent had that moment yet. I think thats to come.

One thing on my bucket list is 40 interceptions. Ive got a chance at that. Ive got 39. There was a time in Oakland when I never thought Id get there. But it was always a number in my head, where I thought, Man, if I can just get to 40. So, well see how that goes.

My best quality can also be my worst quality. Theyre one in the same, kind of. I think a lot of times, maybe Im a little too forward in how I handle things or how I handle people. I think thats good, in the respect that they know where Im coming from, but bad in that not everybody can handle it.

The best thing about being a dad is the fact that no matter what goes on here, on the field, wherever, when I go home, all else is secondary. That one moment when he looks at you and smiles, its, This is what life is all about.

My mom is an amazing woman. Theres not one specific thing she said that stands out, but my mom worked hard. Growing up, I always remember, she worked two jobs three if she had to. Later on, she got a job where she was working 14-hour days, all week. And she never complained about it. I complain a lot about st around here, but I always get my work done, whatever Ive got to do. It didnt matter to her. Whatever she had to do to make sure my brother, myself and my sister were taken care of, whatever we needed or had to have, she went about her business and made it happen. If she had it to give, she was going to give it.

As a kid, I wasnt all that different than I am now. I was always very smart, I was always the type where you couldnt just tell me to do something. There had to be a reason. You had to tell me why I was doing it, and it had to make sense to me. That hasnt changed at all. I was always that way.

I always pray before I go to bed. I think as Ive gotten older, I think you question it a little more. Growing up, I knew one way, I knew one thing, and that was it. So I never varied from it. As Ive gotten older, Ive questioned things a little more, Ive read into things a little more, asked more questions. I definitely believe in a higher power, theres no question about that. How we all got here and that whole thing, those are the things I think about now more than I ever have.

Oakland is a distant memory. My time there definitely shaped me. I loved my time there. I never thought Id leave. I thought Id be an Oakland Raider forever. But it just seems so long ago since Ive been there, since Ive put on the silver and black. I rarely, rarely, rarely think about it now. I think about it now and then when Im talking to Willie Brown, or if Im texting with Nnamdi Asomugha, I think about it, but it seems like so long ago.

I should own stock in the Republic Chophouse, Im over there so much. Its right downtown, and I live right there. So I walk over twice, three times a week.

My favorite NFL city to play in is Kansas City. Not as far as sightseeing or anything like that, but the toughest games, the most fun was playing the Chiefs. It was always a great place to play football. The atmosphere, from the end of the national anthem where they go, Go Chiefs!, that was pretty special.

Al Harris is my closest friend on the team. Other than my fiance, my cousin James is my closest friend outside of football. We have some business interests together, we lived together when I first got to the NFL.

To me, the key to success is understanding that you cant do it yourself. Youre going to need somebody at some point. Not that I had to learn that, but I had to realize it. I think a lot of times, we like to think we did things all on our own, but when you look back at things, you realize you didnt.

Im not one of those guys who believes everything you tell me.

If I was an actor, I couldnt have asked for a better script than ending up here in Green Bay.

This is a Buddha quote: Not even death should be feared by the man who lives his life wisely.

UserPostedImage
millertime
14 years ago
Nice read. Woodson is definitely not your average modern NFL player.

I hope we get the Superbowl victory as well!
djcubez
14 years ago
Very intelligent down to earth guy for a football player. I like him even more after reading this.
CDNRodgersfan
14 years ago
Funny how I never liked Woodson till we got him but now that I've got to know him he's one of my favorites.
2/3rds of the earth is covered by water, the rest is covered by Charles Woodson :thumbright:
Since69
14 years ago
Can you even imagine him doing this interview 5 years ago? Amazing how some people change.
UserPostedImage
wils0646
14 years ago
Woodson is a perfect Packer. Man, I'd like to have multiple players like him on our defense.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Porforis
14 years ago

Funny how I never liked Woodson till we got him but now that I've got to know him he's one of my favorites.
2/3rds of the earth is covered by water, the rest is covered by Charles Woodson :thumbright:

"Cdnfavre+Rodgersfan" wrote:

Woodson shouldn't be playing zone, even if he can cover 1/3 of the earth :<
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Great guy.

Al Harris is my closest friend on the team.

I can't imagine how much this helps on the field. Just the psychological effect and knowing what to expect from one another. Much like our receivers.

He did something like an interview on NFL.com, as well. It aired two days ago.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d81397623/Sound-FX-Manning-the-corner 
Dulak
14 years ago

Great guy.

Al Harris is my closest friend on the team.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I can't imagine how much this helps on the field. Just the psychological effect and knowing what to expect from one another. Much like our receivers.

He did something like an interview on NFL.com, as well. It aired two days ago.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d81397623/Sound-FX-Manning-the-corner 

damn Ive never seen that vid rock ... AWESOME!
Patlee22
14 years ago
Definitely my favorite player in the game. Nothing but love for Woodson. I didn't think he would still be playing at a Pro Bowl level at 33 years of age. Guy is an amazing athlete.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.