Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
PackersHome name: Formo
Real Name (first only): Jeremy
Current City: Fridley, MN (just north of Minneapolis)
Hometown: I've always considered Minneapolis my hometown.. but I also consider Superior, WI as my hometown, too. That's where I grew up from 7th grade to 21 years of age.

1) How did you choose your screen name?

Pretty simple.. It's my last name. I usually sign up for forums as either Spartikus or Tenolein. But for some reason I signed up on PP.O as Formo, so I figured any other sports forum I sign up on I'd do the same thing. Spartikus came from my high school's mascot. I've always been really prideful about my HS and it's sports, and when I would sign up for chat rooms, forums, emails, etc. back then, I would use something like 'spartan46' (46 was my favorite football number), or 'SpartansRule'. Eventually, I was called 'Spart', so I started using Spartikus as my handle. Tenolein was my character's name in an online game I played, Everquest.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

Oh boy.. I'm the oldest of 6 kids. 4 sisters and one brother. We have always been really close, despite all the fights we gotten into as kids/teens. I was 4 and my sister, NaTasha, was 2 when our dad and mother gotten divorced. My dad remarried a wonderful woman who had a little girl, Alicia, and a baby boy, Kyle. After a few years of dating, they had a baby girl, Kelsey. A few years after Kelsey was born, they got married, and had another baby girl, Juanita Maxine (named after her grandmothers, we call her Maxy or Nita) So, I have one full blooded sister, one step-sister, a step-brother, and 2 half-sisters. Well, biologically. Don't ever try to tell me that, though.. They are my sisters and brother, and that's how I've always looked at them. Kyle is both mentally and physically handicapped. We were told when he was diagnosed with his disorders that he would not make it to his first birthday. When he turned one, he was written off, and wasn't going to make it to his 2nd birthday. Etc, etc. He's now 22 years old. He is the strongest person I know, and he embodies the spirit of our family. Because of Kyle's disabilities, we've moved around a lot, and we've had more than one Christmas where only the babies got gifts due to finances. I wouldn't trade my family or those circumstances for the world, though. They are what makes me a part of who I am today.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

Football. Anything else was to cater to that. I ran track for a few years, but only to keep in shape for football. I played DB and WR. I never started, and there have been many away games I didn't even get to make the trip. Someone asked me why I still played even though I never started.. Which is a good question. But, not to toot my own horn or anything, there are two reasons why I still played. 1) I'm not a quitter. Quitting has never been an option. Even when the logical say, 'give it up', I say, 'Go floop yourself!' 2) I wanted so bad to be apart of something that was bigger than me. Being apart of the group that got to wear those Columbia blue, Navy blue, and white jerseys on fall Fridays was something I never took forgranted. My time payed off, though, as on senior night I got my very first pass thrown my way, and the next game, the final game of my career, I got the nod as a starter.. With a broken thumb.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Absolutely, football. Things were tough in those years in my family life.. I was the oldest, so I was in charge of taking care of my sisters on the few week nights that my mother worked 2nd-3rd shift and while my dad was on the road trucking. Football was my escape.

5) What was your first job?

As a cook/kitchen bitch at Shamrock Bar and Pizza in Superior, WI. Best pizza in America. Still miss that place. lol

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the [strike]Packers [/strike]Vikings?

Funny story. When we moved from the Iron Range of Minnesota to Superior, WI, I was assumed to be a big Viking fan, even though I didn't follow them very closely. I liked them, but it wasn't a big drive. As soon as I moved to Superior, I got drilled by all the Packer fans. So I decided to make the Vikings my passion. Thanks, Pack fans. =)

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the [strike]Packers [/strike]Vikings?

'98. MNF, Vikings @ Lambeau. GB had a SICK streak going on at Lambeau, and I was at a vocational tech MNF party at school. Every one else at that party were Packer fans. And that was Moss' rookie season, where he torched GB. Loved being the team to end GB's streak at home. =D

8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?

Kinda interesting story. A while back, there was a thread on PP.O that Marstc09 had posted, I believe. In that thread, there was a discussion about a Packers forum. I checked out that forum, and eventually started an account there. Mostly because there were some opinions about the Vikings pass defense that I had to correct. Ultimately, that forum stopped being 'cool', and I found this one. And violla! Here I am!

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

My sig pretty much says it all.. The Bengals, the Twins, the Wild, the Cubbies, and the T-Wolves as far as pro teams go. I am also a big follower of the Minnesota Golden Gopher teams, and am a season ticket holder for the football squad.

UserPostedImage

10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

PP.O, GoalLineBlitz.com, making new friends, reading, World of Warcraft, Left 4 Dead, some NCAA 08 on the X-Box (when it's not being tempermental), and traveling.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the [strike]Packer[/strike] Viking organization, what would it be?

lol This is a 'pick your poison' question. lol I would have to say any of Bud Grants Super Bowl teams. I would love to see the way he ran them (seeing as I wasn't even a twinkle in my papa's eye during that era).

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

None, but hopefully many to come for some border battles.
I've made a few trips to the Dome for a Vikings game.. In '88ish for a Monday Night Bears game, in '98 vs. the Jaguars and against the Lions ('98 or 99), in 2000 versus the Bears, '08 home opener against the Colts, '08 Playoff game against the Iggles, and one preseason game this year. I will be attending the Bears game at the Dome this year, too.

13) What is your worst fear?

Failure, with losing a loved one as a close second.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Sports, video games, reading, the intarwebs..

15) Whats your favorite food?

Chinese and Italian. Of course, the Americanized versions of those genres. But, to be perfectly honest, there's not much I'll turn down. I love my food. =)

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Oh man.. I've been to many, many States, about half of which we just drove through. I'll list the ones I stayed in at least one night: Nashville, TN; Phoenix, AZ; Redding, San Fransisco, CA; Greensburo, Winston Salem, Salibury NC; Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, IA; Missoula, Billings, MT; Eau Claire, Madison, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Dells, WI; Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada; Playa Del Carmen, Mexico; Louisville, KY; somewhere in Arkansas multiple times; Orlando, FL; Kansas City, MO; Columbus, OH; Blair, NE; Mount Rushmore, Rapid City, Badlands National Park, SD; Yellowstone National Park, WY; Salt Lake City, UT; Peoria, IL; International Falls, MN

Wow.. I didn't realize the list was so big. o.O Anyway, Nashville, TN is so far my favorite location of all those listed. At least, as a visitor. I highly recommend it!

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Go to Europe, and see the Swiss Alps. Also, make a trip with my wife to Hawaii.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Right here in Minnesota. Or maybe out in Montana.. I'd love to have multiple homes.

19) Name your favorite 5 [strike]Packers[/strike] Vikings all time and explain the reason for one of them.

Cris Carter - Love his attitude, he's not afraid to step on peoples toes like the rest of this PC world and the work he puts into the NFL's rookie stuff..
John Randle - The guy was a BEAST. Best Viking to wear the number 93 (I'm looking at you Kevin Williams)
Adrian Peterson - No need to say much.
Robert Smith - First memorable Viking RB in my time, and he retired too early. Smart smart guy, too.
Corey Stringer/Steve Hutchinson - Gotta give the big guys up front some love!

20) Up to this date, what is you favorite PackersHome feature or memory?

Hmm.. The banter with all you Packer fans I guess. =D

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.

Porky88.. He's always had some great posts.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

"Formo" wrote:

And your a Viking Fan.. nothing like facing your fears I guess. lol. ;)

Cool read the Jeremy.. , thanks for sharing.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Great read, my right wing buddy.

Having a brother like Kyle really helps put things in perspective, I can imagine. You can learn a lot from them. And they're just great to be around.

Failure

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer Viking organization, what would it be?

I would have to say any of Bud Grants Super Bowl teams. I would love to see the way he ran them (seeing as I wasn't even a twinkle in my papa's eye during that era).

:D
Formo
14 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

And your a Viking Fan.. nothing like facing your fears I guess. lol. ;)

Cool read the Jeremy.. , thanks for sharing.

"Formo" wrote:

lol

Yeah, the nice thing about that is I don't attach the Vikings failures as my own. I don't have anything to do with their performance, therefore, it's not my failure (even though at times it feels like it. lol)

Great read, my right wing buddy.

Having a brother like Kyle really helps put things in perspective, I can imagine. You can learn a lot from them. And they're just great to be around.

Failure

"Rockmolder" wrote:

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer Viking organization, what would it be?

I would have to say any of Bud Grants Super Bowl teams. I would love to see the way he ran them (seeing as I wasn't even a twinkle in my papa's eye during that era).

:D

I lol'd when I read those quotes. You should be a reporter/journalist. 😛
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Jeremy - Great read. I like how you think about family, and Kyle's story is a HUGE inspiration.

Funny, I was telling my son this the other day about how people who have it all have no motivation. You're much better off in life having a chip on your shoulder and/or something to prove. Well, he's proved them wrong many times over. What a fighter. :thumbright:
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
The_Green_Ninja
14 years ago
How the hell do you like Nashville the most? Nashville SUCKS!
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

How the hell do you like Nashville the most? Nashville SUCKS!

"The_Green_Ninja" wrote:

I don't know how I missed this post.

You know something.. YOU SUCK!!
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago
Bumpity bump bump.. 🙂
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
13 years ago
Ya know, if Nick isn't comin' around anymore, you are now the "torch-bearer" for the dark-side.

That alone oughta get him back.

lol---Just funnin' ya, Jeremy.
Formo
12 years ago
ACK!!! Someone fix these! WallOfText FTL
UserPostedImage