Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline evad04  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:45:12 AM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 62
Applause Received: 100

Wow. Immediate evaluations are always so delicious -- especially when people say "one reason only."

C'mon krazy, there were a lot of undesirable things about tonight's game.

That isn't to say I've lost faith or anything. We played a very good team. It's impossible to load up the box to stop Barber/Jones when you have T.O. and Witten that require so much attention.

It's tough to rush only four and get pressure against a massive o-line.

It's tough NOT to give up a big pass here or there when the run game is already established and you have to account for T.O.

It was the culmination of ALL of these -- and ALSO that the run game wasn't quite there and the Packers couldn't put it in the endzone. Brandon Jackson looks impressive -- I think that should be noted.

Dallas is a VERY TOUGH team to defend, we made some mistakes, and we couldn't get the ball in the endzone.

We lost to a very good team. We'll be alright, and hopefully we'll get healthier and we'll learn a few things from the game.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline Rockjock07  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:49:07 AM(UTC)
Rockjock07

Either Ryan Grant is not healthy or the league is figuring him out because he's been very average this season. Jackson should get the majority of snaps next week. With that said, there should have been a commitment to the run tonight, ball control keeps the Cowboys offense off the field.

The 3 big plays also killed the packers. Also, the flags are starting to became more of a problem that continues to take away big plays for this team.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:51:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Grant only had 13 carries and he netted over 50 yards. He wasn't given the ball often enough with decent blocking.

This was not Grant's fault.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 12:58:06 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Easy answer... we got controlled at the line of scrimmage.. both sides.. we were suspect on our offensive line and their Oline just flat out wore our Dline down... that is one massive athletic front 5 the Cows have on offense.

Playcalling was limited because we couldn't pass protect well enough.. Rodgers was moving all night long.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:00:38 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Evad.. I agree.. nothing to get all excited about.. we had chances early.. we settled for FG's and their front wore us down.. I think it is clear on elite fronts our oline needs to step it up a little more.. the speed of the boys caused us struggles. Look familiar, it should same time of front (speed) that got us last January..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline GreenBlood  
#21 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:02:13 AM(UTC)
GreenBlood

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Our running game wasn't that bad. we couldn't stop their offense that was why we lost. we couldn't get them off the field

And that problem started exactly when Harris left the game. Tramon Williams is AWFUL.
blank
Offline shield4life  
#22 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:02:25 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

What was wrong with harris my tv was a bit screwed today with weather and stuff ... so i wasn't catching it really clearly , um did he get injured in the game or?
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline Cheesey  
#23 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:03:13 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

Rodgers had no time........and our WR's didn't get open, against mediocre
CB's.
They are much better then us. Eagles are too.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockjock07  
#24 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:04:04 AM(UTC)
Rockjock07

Grant only had 13 carries and he netted over 50 yards. He wasn't given the ball often enough with decent blocking.

This was not Grant's fault.

I agree, the play calling has been a little shady however, I'm not totally convinced that he is healthy. Jackson just seemed to have a burst tonight were Ryan was hit once and went down.

Also, the holding calls are just KILLING us. Those Veteran tackles need to get it together.

Also, does anyone else feel like we need to add a dynamic pass rusher opposite Kampmann. I know it's not that easy to pick someone like that up but maybe commit a 1st round pick in a player that can put some pressure on the qb. Cullen is a solid player but I think its a position that could be upgraded, along with the DT position.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
Offline mi_keys  
#25 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:09:53 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 207
Applause Received: 345

They capitalized on mistakes and we didn't. They got 21 points off of three plays basically (the two throws to Austin, one that was a TD and the other set one up, and the long Felix Jones run). The offense needed to stay on the field and they didn't do that. If the offense stays on the field our defense doesn't get so worn down. Props to them, they played a hell of a game, and we'll be coming for them come the playoffs.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline zombieslayer  
#26 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:49:28 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

only completed 4 3rd downs. and couldn't stop their run. That's why we lost.

Our OL really needs to improve. We're lucky we have Aaron Rodgers or it would have been really ugly.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline evad04  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 11:27:40 AM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 62
Applause Received: 100

For the record -- Rodgers completed a 50-yarder to Driver in the third quarter. But, we couldn't punch it in from inside the 10. We took the field goal, and the Cowboys came back and scored another TD to go up 20-9. Those two drives -- our non-TD and their TD -- were CRUCIAL.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline NodakPaul  
#28 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 11:34:30 AM(UTC)
NodakPaul

Rodgers didn't look as good as he did in the first two games, but in all honesty you were playing against the best team on your schedule. I doubt you will face a team of Dallas's caliber again until the playoffs. Plus Dallas controlled the LOS, and that is the best way to win games.

GB should fare better against the Bucs next weekend.
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline Since69  
#29 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 11:52:42 AM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

We sucked on both sides of the ball.
Our D couldn't stop them, our O couldnt score

Add 14 flags and that completely summs it up.

Huh? We only had 8. I thought that was one of the areas we actually improved in... and the unnecessary roughness call on Humphrey was complete BS. As near as I could tell, he was flagged for not retaliating after getting decked twice on the same play.

If I had to pin this loss on just one thing it would be our defensive scheme:
- we couldn't stop the run
- we couldn't overcome our injuries. Not having Bigby really hurt the run-D.
- we weren't aggressive. We got good pressure from the front four, but a little creative blitzing would have gone a long way.
UserPostedImage
Offline Since69  
#30 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 11:59:22 AM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

What was wrong with harris my tv was a bit screwed today with weather and stuff ... so i wasn't catching it really clearly , um did he get injured in the game or?

Harris was cramping early, and he crashed into one of our LBs (Hawk?) on one play (and got the worst of it). McCarthy said after the game he had blood in his urine - probably from that hit.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed