Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:28:30 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,047

I'm looking at the tape now and ... theres some over reacting going on here fellas.

Our O couldn't get the ball in the endzone and couldn't sustain a decent drive. That is why our defense started to break down. No defense can be on the field twice as long as the offense like itwas for us most of the game. The final tally on TOP only differs by five mins. That's cuz of the garbage time in the fourth.

Grant ran decent. He did not get taken down by the first hit on more than half his carries.

We didn't stretch the field much at all so they didn't have to worry about the deep pass.

we couldn't stop their run.

We shut down owens.

Trust me, guys ... this isn't as bad of a loss as it might FEEL right now. I'm actually encouraged by some of the things I'm seeing while doing the video.

We WILL make corrections and we WILL be better.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rios39  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:32:37 AM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

The biggest thing to me was the lines. I mean it's really hard to judge our D-Line against and un-normally huge O-Line. But our O-Line was collapsing and giving Rodgers virtually no time to make plays.
blank
Offline hosemeoff  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:38:07 AM(UTC)
hosemeoff

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Maybe we will see more of Woodson guarding #1's from here on out, or at least sharing that duty with Harris.

I would guess more of the latter. Woodson has better pure cover skills but Harris excels at physically dominating receivers. Harris can handle most #1's in the league but tall, strong receivers (Plaxico, TO, and Moss) can give him problems if they escape. Sanders called a pretty good game. He gave Woodson consistent help with TO and did an amazing job of containing Witten. He gambled on run defense, but with longer offensive drives, I think the gamble could have payed off. There's some growing up to do, but we have a good squad.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 1:42:15 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,047

I would guess more of the latter. Woodson has better pure cover skills but Harris excels at physically dominating receivers. Harris can handle most #1's in the league but tall, strong receivers (Plaxico, TO, and Moss) can give him problems if they escape..

Moss is anything BUT physical and strong. He hates being jammed at the line. That's the word on how to stop Moss, slam him at the line.

With well placed balls against taller WR, any DB would get toasted, not just Al Harris. The rules side with the offense. I'd like to see it be whoever the strongest man is, gets the ball. If you can't handle getting slammed while going for the ball, go play basketball. lol
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 2:04:34 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Moss is anything BUT physical and strong. He hates being jammed at the line. That's the word on how to stop Moss, slam him at the line.

With well placed balls against taller WR, any DB would get toasted, not just Al Harris. The rules side with the offense. I'd like to see it be whoever the strongest man is, gets the ball. If you can't handle getting slammed while going for the ball, go play basketball. lol

Well said. Moss will out run you, and out jump you. He will not out fight you. Big difference. Harris vs Moss, I like that match up. It's just too bad we didn't see it last year. I sincerely think we would have won that game. Keep in mind that BF put up more points than Tom Brady did, and that's with Grant getting a whopping 28 yards rushing.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline zombieslayer  
#21 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 2:05:17 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I'm looking at the tape now and ... theres some over reacting going on here fellas.

Our O couldn't get the ball in the endzone and couldn't sustain a decent drive. That is why our defense started to break down. No defense can be on the field twice as long as the offense like itwas for us most of the game. The final tally on TOP only differs by five mins. That's cuz of the garbage time in the fourth.

Grant ran decent. He did not get taken down by the first hit on more than half his carries.

We didn't stretch the field much at all so they didn't have to worry about the deep pass.

we couldn't stop their run.

We shut down owens.

Trust me, guys ... this isn't as bad of a loss as it might FEEL right now. I'm actually encouraged by some of the things I'm seeing while doing the video.

We WILL make corrections and we WILL be better.

Thanks Zero. I'm too emo right now to think logically, so good to read that from you.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed