Greg C.
15 years ago
Funny how some journalists have completely bought into the Cowboys' claim that the only reason Aaron Rodgers played well against them last year was that they didn't game-plan for him:

September 19, 2008 4:20 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
Dallas Cowboys (2-0) at Green Bay Packers (2-0), 8:15 p.m. ET

Make no mistake. The Cowboys are going to come after Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers early and often. For the past two games, defensive end Greg Ellis has been asked to drop back in coverage a lot more than usual. That's not going to happen against Rogers. It also helps the Cowboys that Terence Newman appears to be close to full strength. The Packers' receivers are the best in the league at running after the catch.

The Cowboys will try to put pressure on the Packers' secondary from the opening snap. This might sound like NFC East bias, but I smell a blowout. On paper, this is an unbelievable matchup.

But there's no way the Packers can hang with the Cowboys in a shootout, and that's what's going to happen. The Cowboys have some tape on Rodgers now. They played against him last season, and Rodgers played well in relief of an injured Brett Favre. Cowboys roll in this one.

Here's another take from a different writer on the same page. He doesn't make a prediction, but I'm intrigued by this idea of a "surprise defensive game plan":

Dallas Cowboys (2-0) at Green Bay Packers (2-0), 8:15 p.m. ET

Everyone's expecting a track meet in a game that features two of the NFL's top 6 offenses, and we can't disagree. Several Packers players have hinted a surprise defensive game plan is in place; if true, it's an admission they probably wouldn't slow down the Cowboys out of their base set.

What type of alignment could Green Bay employ? A base nickel? More aggressive blitzing? Anything they do will be with at least one backup safety already in the game. Atari Bigby is expected to sit out because of a hamstring injury; Aaron Rouse is his likely replacement.

If you were the Packers, would you try to match the Cowboys score-for-score? Or would you slow down your own offense and try to keep them off the field? That issue no doubt surfaced in the Packers' offices this week. There is also the possibility they'll face a fatigued opponent after the Cowboys' wild Monday Night Football game against Philadelphia.

In the end, however, the Packers will to need all the points they can get. Start your engines.

If you want to read the whole page, here's the link:
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation?tag=audibles%20nfc%203 
blank
DGB454
15 years ago
NFL.COM MATCHUPS 

These guys don't think so.

I watched NFL.com today Brian Baldinger and ?? I forget who is on with him. Anyway neither of them think Dallas can come to Greenbay and win either.

That's 4 against 1. We win. :icon_smile:

Almost forgot. I don't think Dallass can come to GB and win so that makes 5 against 1.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I think the Cowboys have had lots of tape on D. McNabb and he kind of torched them... or no?

Not that Aaron is in the same 'league' as McNabb
UserPostedImage
Jacob
15 years ago
I think woodson playing will make a big difference too, and our secondary is a lot better than last years in my opinion, I like our LB core a lot more this year too, especially hawk. We'll just have to wait and see come tommarow...
millertime
15 years ago
Mosely used to be a sportswriter in Dallas, hes a total homer.
SINCITYCHEEZE
15 years ago
Wonder if coming out in a no huddle offense in the 1st half might wear out that Dallas D somewhat.I know we haven't seen it in a while but it might be effective.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Jacob
15 years ago

Wonder if coming out in a no huddle offense in the 1st half might wear out that Dallas D somewhat.I know we haven't seen it in a while but it might be effective.

"SINCITYCHEEZE" wrote:

Yeah i would like to see a no huddle.

It works for me in madden
Cheesey
15 years ago
Once again, it's one person's opinion. That, and a $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee at McDonald's.
I hope the Packers make him look like the dumass he is.
To me he's just another guy that thinks the Packers CAN'T win because we have a different QB now.
UserPostedImage
gbpfan
15 years ago
i think it will be tough but think the pack can do it,cowpoops already with the big heads they are ready to implode on themselves,think if a-rod can stay focused and get the ball where it needs to go,special teams steps,just fell pack is ready dont care what media says they are not always right
DGB454
15 years ago
4 of the 5 commentators on ESPN just before the Bengals and Eagles game favor Pack to win this one. A few more "experts" in our corner.
I'm with them.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.