Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

Some Vikings Fans with better technical football knowledge than I have might have a better take on it.

"vikesrule" wrote:

Well they are in quite the stir over there on the PPO today.. I think I am going to stay off the boards there for a while.. even the mildly pokes of humor are getting churned over in the tidal wave of bickering and general negativity.

We had our share of drama in the offseason.. the Vikes one upped us and decided to hold "As the TJ and Chilly Turn" in the regular season. :lol:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
vikesrule
15 years ago

Some Vikings Fans with better technical football knowledge than I have might have a better take on it.

"pack93z" wrote:

Well they are in quite the stir over there on the PPO today.. I think I am going to stay off the boards there for a while.. even the mildly pokes of humor are getting churned over in the tidal wave of bickering and general negativity.

We had our share of drama in the offseason.. the Vikes one upped us and decided to hold "As the TJ and Chilly Turn" in the regular season. :lol:

"vikesrule" wrote:

Understandable...that is why I tried to stay out of the Favre debacle here.

As to PP.O, I can relate best to RK's thread on "I'm so tired.."

Over 40 years as a Vikings Fan.....I'm getting too old for this shit.
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
15 years ago
VR, I can empathize with your current outlook on your team, but may I offer a phrase from one NodakPaul..

"At least I am not a Lions fans"
Your fanhood could always be worse.

By the way.. that is a heck of a post by RK.. it doesn't just post scantily clad women now does he. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
vikesrule
15 years ago
Thanks, good point by Nodak.

However in my current mood, I can't help be reminded of (and to paraphrase others), and with a little bit added .......

Week after week, year after year, decade after decade .....

only the Minnesota Vikings can continually snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Oh, I'll be better soon. There might be cracks appearing, but I will always be a Vikings Fan (may God have mercy on me).

Perhaps to cheer me up I shall become a Cowboys Fan for a week, just to "pee in ZombieSlayer's cheerios" :thumbright:
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
15 years ago
Hey I am a Brewers fan.. I know all too well the snatching a defeat out of a sure victory... but at least we ditched the skipper that became a little to tense in the britches.

Cowboy fan eh.. when is the last time they won a playoff game.. what.... the Vikings have actually won a playoff game since the Pokes last won one.. I think that to be true.. so yep.. they fit the criteria. :lol:

Sorry.. just had too.
Cheesey
15 years ago

Thanks, good point by Nodak.

However in my current mood, I can't help be reminded of (and to paraphrase others), and with a little bit added .......

Week after week, year after year, decade after decade .....

only the Minnesota Vikings can continually snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Oh, I'll be better soon. There might be cracks appearing, but I will always be a Vikings Fan (may God have mercy on me).

Perhaps to cheer me up I shall become a Cowboys Fan for a week, just to "pee in ZombieSlayer's cheerios" :thumbright:

"vikesrule" wrote:

You will ALWAYS be a Vikings fan?
In that case God will have NO mercy on you. He has TRIED to show you the errors of your ways. HE has pointed you to "the light", yet you choose NOT to partake of the bread of fan life, and CHOOSE to remain in fandom darkness. Go to the light Vikesrule! It's NOT too late to turn from the Viking darkness, to the light of the GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

Oh, I'll be better soon. There might be cracks appearing,

"vikesrule" wrote:

And HERE they ARE!!! :pottytrain2: :pottytrain1: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain1: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain1: :thumbright:
UserPostedImage
Formo
15 years ago
Considering Chilly and the team's positive feedback on T-Jack this offseason/preseason, I was somewhat surprised with this move. What shocked me was "Childress indicated that the switch would not be temporary, and that Frerotte is now the starter for the Vikings." 

Here's a few questions I have, then. How long WILL T-Jack be ridin' the pine? Will the playcalling improve? Will the execution improve? Obviously, those questions will be answered in the following weeks.

One thing's for sure.. We'll definitely find out what the Vikings offense's problems are, it being either the QB play or the playcalling. Maybe even the O-Line factor will make an appearance.

I'll say this; I'm excited to see who the REAL culprit of the Vikings offensive woes is.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I think to find the real culprit you need to look no further than the sidelines. I think the Vikings have the worst BEST team in the NFL. Loads of talent and a HC that doesn't know what the hell he's doing. That's just my opinion.
UserPostedImage
Formo
15 years ago

I think to find the real culprit you need to look no further than the sidelines. I think the Vikings have the worst BEST team in the NFL. Loads of talent and a HC that doesn't know what the hell he's doing. That's just my opinion.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Ya'know.. I've supported Chilly and T-Jack as much as I've supported Denny and Moss in '98. With a few exceptions -=cough=-McKinney-=cough=- anyone wearing Purple I support.

I've stated many times, from when they first donned the beautiful Viking horns all the way through the past rough 2+ seasons, that I wasn't going to jump off their 'support wagon' until this season. I'll give 'em both until week 4 or 5 before I stop placing hope in them, and stop defending them.

And from the looks of it, you may be right.. Although I'm not fully ready to stake that as my claim.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!