nathaniel
15 years ago

i'm not gonna freak out. call me pessimistic but i think we're gonna lose this one. call it preparing myself for the worst & hoping for the best or call me a "non-fan" but that's really how i feel. plus it's only ONE game against a team that we have a history of NOT beating recently.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

In my record prediction I have us losing this one. I think we can win, but this will be the biggest challenge we have this season, in my opinion. Yeah, we have to play Indy, but we won't have to play them again unless we both get to the Super Bowl. We may very well end up having to play Dallas again if we make the playoffs.
blank
walleye
15 years ago

i'm not gonna freak out. call me pessimistic but i think we're gonna lose this one. call it preparing myself for the worst & hoping for the best or call me a "non-fan" but that's really how i feel. plus it's only ONE game against a team that we have a history of NOT beating recently.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Thats understandable.
how bout your cubbies they do look good, the brew crew looks like crap.
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
TengoJuego
15 years ago
DONT give up the BIG play and force their run game to beat us. Pressure Romo ALL game long. I say to stop the monster, we gotta cut off its head. Romo is the head.

On Offense we gotta keep Ware contained. No more than 1 sack. That guy is nearly impossible to stop but we have to limit his pressure. I think we can beat their defense, no doubt about it.

But if we get in a shootout, We lose. simple as that. The Boys' have proven themselves to be very successful when that happens.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

"4PackGirl" wrote:

That's not entirely accurate. At Dallas we have a history of losing, when we have them at home, we have a history of winning. In fact I think we are undefeated when we have Dallas in OUR house.

We have them in our house now baby!

This is a coin flip game for me. I am of course pulling the Packers. I just don't know though.

One thing I do want to say about this game. If we win, it doesn't mean we are king shit of the NFL and that Aaron Rodgers is GOD. Likewise if we lose it does not mean we are dog shit and that Aaron Rodgers is DOG.

As the lovely 4pack says, its just ONE game and I hope win or lose we all take it in stride.
UserPostedImage
luigis
15 years ago
It will be very hard not to be freaking crazy happy if we win this game. I will try to mantain my calm but man 3-0 and 2-0 in the Division 3-0 in the NFC and advantage over Dallas in the playoffs is a great way to start a season!!
Luis
TengoJuego
15 years ago

It will be very hard not to be freaking crazy happy if we win this game. I will try to mantain my calm but man 3-0 and 2-0 in the Division 3-0 in the NFC and advantage over Dallas in the playoffs is a great way to start a season!!

"luigis" wrote:

Very true...but an NFL season is just too long to lose sight of our goals with big wins.
bigfog
15 years ago
The anticipation for this game is killing me, and it's only Wednesday.

I have a feeling that Dallas is going to win this one. Just a hunch, nothing really concrete.

However, if Green Bay manages to win, I might have to take a sick day on Monday
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
luigis
15 years ago
If we win I will say to my boss "I am not myself, do you want somebody else to go to work?"

The anticipation for this game is killing me, and it's only Wednesday.

I have a feeling that Dallas is going to win this one. Just a hunch, nothing really concrete.

However, if Green Bay manages to win, I might have to take a sick day on Monday

"bigfog" wrote:

Luis
bigfog
15 years ago
The bad thing about Sunday night games is if Green Bay loses, it's that much harder to fall asleep.

Last year, I was too pissed off and amped up when Green Bay dropped that Sunday nighter against Chicago. Made for a long night and an even longer Monday.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
pack_in_black
15 years ago
I, unlike most Packer faithful, feel pretty dang good about this game. Maybe it's cause Dallas is a good team, and I don't mind a loss in September as much as I would, in say, January.

Watching Monday Night's game just confirmed to me that the key to beating the Dallas O is pressure. We saw some exotic blitzes from our D in the preseason, and I hope our DC employs them in this game. TO is a beast, but I'm calling it today: he's getting in the endzone once and only once this game, if that. And he's not getting a hundred yards, either. Al has been on lockdown this season so far. He'll keep it up this week.

I think, though, that there are two keys to us getting a home win.

1. Stop Barber. He's a beast, and for as much as everyone here is worried about TO/Romo, I think we'll stop those two, whereas Barber is a serious threat to our thin D-line.

2. Air it out. Aaron Rodgers has a realistic shot at topping 400 yds this game. Count on that.

Basically, if I'm drawing up the gameplan it would be this: Blitz all day, nearly every down, with our CBs jamming the los hard. They'll get their points, but we'll get our hits on Tony, too.

Second, go Blitzkreig on that ridiculously overrated, dinged-up secondary. Have Aaron throw it 40+ times out of shotgun & singleback sets.

That's just my take on this game, for what it's worth..
UserPostedImage
Thanks to Pack93z for the sig!
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (34m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.