jbshell04
14 years ago
Ok so let's pretend that The 08 Soap as I like to call it went a different way.

On August 1 2008 Brett Farve recinds his retirement and wishes to return to football. Mind you a 3 year 1st round back up Aaron Rodgers had received the keys to the franchise hot rod. He feels he earned them with his improved dedication to the game. He is ready. Managment had drafted 2 qb's to study under his tutelage. He is entering his final year of his rookie contract.
Brett however pressures Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy into letting him return to his old position of starting QB.
With only 2 weeks of training camp BF comes in and doesn't exactly lite it up. His understudy unburdened of any pressure blazes defenses in the preseason far exceeding BF in performance.
Unfazed BF's sense of entitlement quashes early sentiment in the front office of benching him in favor of the young gun.
Initially the season starts out great the team is 6-2 and early conversation is quietly talking of a superbowl run.
Defensive injuries mount and lackluster run game for the Old general to throw more and more.
In the ninth week BF's shouldr breaks down. While still able to throw with velocity they are often inaccurate. Interceptions mount as TD's falter.
The Packers limp into the miss the post season losing 5 of their last 8.
BF holds another Presser retiring stating his ability to perform at a level he is comfortable with is not in his reach.
The D under Bob Sanders which struggled to hold leads in games is retained. With a winning record Mike McCarthy has little justifacation to change course.
Durning the offseason Aaron Rodgers agent will not accept GB's offer of 60 million over six years. GB with no other option is forced to Franchise Aaron Rodgers for 15 mill per year.
Again with the keys Aaron Rodgers takes off ready for the 09 season. However Favre begins his flirting with a return. Surgery occurs in early July. In the middle of TC rumors become more of a solid lead. He may return he may not. 2 days before the first Preseason game BF returns to much fanfare. The last hurrah.
The front office staring at the possibility of nearly 30 million dollars in the QB position must make a decision to keep both leaves very little room on the cap.
Managment recieves an offer of a 1 2 and 5th round selection in the 2010 draft. Rather than release Favre and feel the wrath of every Packer fan they trade away Aaron Rodgers to the San. Fransico 49ers.
Prior to this Favre signs a 2 year contract.

Kinda wierd to think about it huh. Save a venerable and fickle former great. Or go into the long term with a future at the position.
No telling how the story would end and where it will go now.
Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed.
I am therefor I think.
dhazer
14 years ago
Not a bad write up here i enjoyed it but i have 1 and only 1 problem with it.

On August 1 2008 Brett Farve recinds his retirement and wishes to return to football. Mind you a 3 year 1st round back up Aaron Rodgers had received the keys to the franchise hot rod. He feels he earned them with his improved dedication to the game. He is ready. Managment had drafted 2 qb's to study under his tutelage. He is entering his final year of his rookie contract.

Rodgers was not in his final year of his contract this year would have been his final year. Besides that i thought it was a good story. Looking back we did the right thing by moving forward but i think it could have been handled differently, more like we did in the past with legends. Like Reggie asked to be released and was granted that so he could find a team that he wanted to play for.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Initially the season starts out great the team is 6-2 and early conversation is quietly talking of a superbowl run.
Defensive injuries mount and lackluster run game for the Old general to throw more and more.
In the ninth week Brett Favre's shouldr breaks down. While still able to throw with velocity they are often inaccurate. Interceptions mount as TD's falter.
The Packers limp into the miss the post season losing 5 of their last 8.

I doubt that this would've happened. I don't think that Favre would've been able to chuck enough TDs (and so little ints) that we would just outscore our opponents. Cullen Jenkins wouldn't have had a quicker recovery with Favre. KGB wouldn't have played like his old self.

I think that Favre would see that this was not yet a SB team and would've retired. Although, if he had seen the first two pre-season games, he might've come back. Lol.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Like Reggie asked to be released and was granted that so he could find a team that he wanted to play for.

"dhazer" wrote:

Reggie was retired for nearly a whole year when he asked for his release and he didn't want to 'stick it' to the Packers within the division. Completely, totally and extremely different scenarios so keep them separate, k pumpkin?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (6h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (22h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (22h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (22h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (23h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.