Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
Zero, I am so sorry to hear about your loss!! I haven't lost a parent yet and can't imagine what you are going through. As most of you know my Mom is in bad shape and I think what am I going to do without her in my life. She no longer speaks on the telephone so if I dont go there to visit I dont talk to her, she was always the person that I could count on for advice or just plain talk to her about anything I so miss those days.

My advice would be to remember the good times, and LT's advice is good advice, I find myself always talking to my Mom when I am having a bad day, she isnt there answering me but somehow I find it very comforting to just believe I am talking to her. But your Mom will always live through you, there are so many things that I say and do and I think, gosh that is what my Mom would do in this situation. I am my Mom in lots of ways, she has taught me so much in life.

Its always great to have friends you can go to, just to laugh, hang out, and talk. This is what friends are for and if you want to PM me I can try and help you as best that I can.

You will be in my prayers Zero!
Heathiee
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

First let me say I am very sorry about your loss. The pain will ease with time but I know that at this moment that may not be what you want. It seems like a betrayal of the one you loved if the pain eases. You have to go through your grieving. Believe it or not that is part of the healing. The pain will eventually give way somewhat and memories will take it's place. Those memories, friends and family will be what helps you go on. Keep reaching out when you need to and be alone when you need to.

It's rare these days to see a bomd between a mother and son like it sounds like you had with your mother. I think that is a testament to her and the love she had for you. You are very lucky to have been able to share that kind of love with someone. We should all be so lucky.

Time heals all wounds. We will be here to help that time pass a little easier.

"DGB454" wrote:

I've been really close with both of my parents. My mom and I did have a pretty special bond. I've been very fortunate that my mother and father and myself have gotten along very well.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Kevin. I don't even handle the loss of pets at all well; I can't imagine going through what you are. If you'd like to talk about anything let me know. I have your number kicking around here somewhere.

"jdlax" wrote:

I hear you about the pets thing. I've tried staying away from having pets. I just don't handle death well at all. I'm not sure anyone handles it well though.

Time my packer friend, time.

"PackOne" wrote:

That's what I keep telling myself too. Just easier said than done.

Oh Zero.........my heart goes out to you. I KNOW how you feel......I have been there, with both my parents.
Time does make it easier, in some ways. But the pain never goes away, you just learn to live with it. My Mom has been gone 18 years, my Dad 34 years. I STILL miss them, and dream about them.
Take one day at a time, and talk to your Mom. There will be times when you, for a split second, forget she's gone. You will find yourself thinking "I'm gonna give Mom a call" and then reality will hit. For me, those were some of the hardest times.
But KNOW I'm here for you, and will NOT belittle you in any way, shape, or form. You have lost a HUGE part of your life, and nothing or no one can fill that void.
If you want to PM me, and talk how you feel, i will try to help you through this.
Again, i an SO sorry to hear of your loss. :(
I wish there were magic words to make it easier for you, to make the pain go away. But i know no such words exist.

"cheesey" wrote:

I have no clue how you went through this twice. Truly amazing. Your comment about living with pain. I've always had a high threshold with pain, but this is not a bruised leg, or smashed finger or anything like that. This is much deeper and far harder to cope.

I wish there was some magic words too. I'd copy and paste them or voicemail them and send them to you a million times over for the pain you've had to deal with. I kind of feel guilty for feeling sad about my loss. Like yourself many have suffered greater losses. I've been trying to keep myself positive and be thankful for the years I had her in my life and cherish the memories.

Zero, I am so sorry to hear about your loss!! I haven't lost a parent yet and can't imagine what you are going through. As most of you know my Mom is in bad shape and I think what am I going to do without her in my life. She no longer speaks on the telephone so if I dont go there to visit I dont talk to her, she was always the person that I could count on for advice or just plain talk to her about anything I so miss those days.

My advice would be to remember the good times, and LT's advice is good advice, I find myself always talking to my Mom when I am having a bad day, she isnt there answering me but somehow I find it very comforting to just believe I am talking to her. But your Mom will always live through you, there are so many things that I say and do and I think, gosh that is what my Mom would do in this situation. I am my Mom in lots of ways, she has taught me so much in life.

Its always great to have friends you can go to, just to laugh, hang out, and talk. This is what friends are for and if you want to PM me I can try and help you as best that I can.

You will be in my prayers Zero!

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

I've been talking to my mom pretty much non stop when I am alone. Hearing others say to do that made me feel less crazy. When I found out she had passed, I was driving up north to be there with my family. I caught myself talking to her and thought, stop talking, you'll see her in an hour.
Then I seen her in the funeral forum, laying motionless. I wanted to grab her arm an tug an say 'mom cmon lets go, lets get out of here'. I just wanted to tell her a story to make her laugh an smile again, just one more time.

Thank you all for the advice and kind words. It means a lot to me. You aren't my family and you still took the time and that means a lot to me. Thank you.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
Zero, can I offer some prayers for you?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Most definitely.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
Zero......i saw what you wrote before you pulled it. I don't know why you did, but you didn't have too.
You have NOTHING to feel guilty about. I didn't post what i have endured to make you feel that your loss is in any way less then mine.
You have lost one of the most important people in your life. NO reason to feel that your loss is any less then mine.
The only reason i told you of mine was to let you know that i KNOW how you feel, and am here for you. I wish i could actually be with you, to try to comfort you. It's hard when it's just a computer screen, to really be able to SHOW someone how they ache for you.
Your a good man, and i'm SURE your Mom is proud of you!!!
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
Kevin, what is her name?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Zero......i saw what you wrote before you pulled it. I don't know why you did, but you didn't have too.
You have NOTHING to feel guilty about. I didn't post what i have endured to make you feel that your loss is in any way less then mine.
You have lost one of the most important people in your life. NO reason to feel that your loss is any less then mine.
The only reason i told you of mine was to let you know that i KNOW how you feel, and am here for you. I wish i could actually be with you, to try to comfort you. It's hard when it's just a computer screen, to really be able to SHOW someone how they ache for you.

"cheesey" wrote:

I took my replies and put them into one post. I just didn't want to have a bunch of replies bouncing around.
I know you didn't try to make me feel that my loss is less or anything. I was raised to keep in mind that no matter how bad I have it, someone has it worse. It reminded me of that.

Kevin, what is her name?

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Linda M. Thompson
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago

Almighty God, source of all mercy and giver of comfort, graciously tend to all those who mourn, Kevin, his family, and loved ones, so that casting their sorrow on you, they may know the consolation of your love for them. Into your hands, O Lord, we commend Linda. Receive her into the arms of your mercy, into the blessed rest of everlasting peace, and into the glorious company of the saints in light. We thank your, Lord, for the life of Linda Thompson, who has touched Kevin so richly.

Holy God, you have destroyed the power of death. Keep Linda in the company of all the saints. And at last, God, raise her up to share with all the faithful the endless joy and peace won through the glorious resurrection of Christ.

Merciful God, you heal the broken-hearted and bind up the wounds of the afflicted. Strengthen us in our weakness, calm our troubled spirits, and dispel our doubts and fears. In Christs rising from the dead, you conquered death and opened the gates to everlasting life. Renew our hope in you that by the power of your love Kevin will be brought together again with his mom. Grant this, we pray, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

Amen Bozz. Amen.

"cheesey" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I took my replies and put them into one post. I just didn't want to have a bunch of replies bouncing around.
I know you didn't try to make me feel that my loss is less or anything. I was raised to keep in mind that no matter how bad I have it, someone has it worse. It reminded me of that.

Kevin, what is her name?

"cheesey" wrote:

Linda M. Thompson

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Oh....sorry.....i see that now. (I'm a little slow)
You are right though.........I'm sure you are thankful that you had a loving forum. I did too. Many kids don't have that today. Dang.......I'm sitting here.....and trying to come up with something that would really help you.
I guess the only thing i have is true pain for you, and to let you know I'm here for you.
Bozz said a beautiful prayer, and i feel the same and want the same for you.
UserPostedImage