Greg C.
15 years ago

Poor charger's I like and respect them as a team. It's sad to see them 0-2. There probably one of the only teams that I would like to come out from the AFC.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Eh Hemmm.. Excuse me?

One of the only teams you would like to come out of the AFC?

A little love please....

R.P.

"krazygangsta" wrote:

Do you think the Raiders have a chance? I saw some of last week's game, and it was so awful that I thought for sure this would be a lost season for them. And the GM/coaching situation seems so unhealthy. But at least they got a W this week.
blank
nathaniel
15 years ago
Shanahan going for two was almost like him saying that he knew they shouldn't even have the ball, so he gave SD a shot to win the game by having stopping only one play. I don't know what really drove him to go for two, but that's just what it seemed like to me.
blank
TheKanataThrilla
15 years ago

Shanahan going for two was almost like him saying that he knew they shouldn't even have the ball, so he gave SD a shot to win the game by having stopping only one play. I don't know what really drove him to go for two, but that's just what it seemed like to me.

"nathaniel" wrote:

Same here, perhaps he was embarrassed by the call and felt guilty. Sure the Chargers have a right to complain, but they still had a few opportunities to prevent the touchdown as well as the 2 point conversion. It must sting to lose two heartbreaking games in a row. Then again it will guarantee themselves on the NFL Replay again. :thumbleft:
SINCITYCHEEZE
15 years ago

Poor charger's I like and respect them as a team. It's sad to see them 0-2. There probably one of the only teams that I would like to come out from the AFC.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Eh Hemmm.. Excuse me?

One of the only teams you would like to come out of the AFC?

A little love please....

R.P.

"krazygangsta" wrote:

SORRY R.P. WHERE ARE OUR MANNERS.ON BEHALF OF THE ENTIRE PACKER NATION WE APOLOGIZE.MAY WE SAY IN THE MOST HEART FELT WAY............................................................GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta cheer for that higher draft pick.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
gbpfan
15 years ago
it kinda remined me of the buffalo wings comercial where the ref is under the hood and the fans want to stay longer so is that what the ref said oh i'm sorry i messed up doesnt fly
Greg C.
15 years ago
I read in Peter King's SI column that Shanahan said he had decided to go for two at some point during the middle of that drive because his defense was "spent" and he didn't want to risk losing the coin toss and making them go back out onto the field right away. If he's telling the truth (you never know with Shanahan), his decision had nothing to do with that blown call.

Going for two points actually deprived the Chargers of an adequate chance to make up for the ref's mistake, because it boiled the whole game down to one two-yard play. It was like a dagger through the heart. But I still give Shanahan all the credit in the world for that decision, because the NFL is a copycat league that tends to be very conservative, and you don't often see gutsy calls like that.
blank
FavreChild
15 years ago
Yes, I think that's exactly why Shanahan went for it - you have to admit that the Chargers sound like whiners when they couldn't stop either the TD or the 2-pt conversion. Plus Shanahan allows Cutler to make up for the gaffe.

What no one seems to be mentioning is that Shanahan should have called a run on that play to begin with! First and goal from the one (or one-and-a-half) - pound it in and RUN THE CLOCK! To have Culter drop back in the first place was ridiculous!

The rule does need to be changed so that the whistle isn't blown - a fumble can always be challenged. But the Chargers D had two chances to compensate for the blown call and they didn't pull it out either time.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago
Bad calls are part of the game.. yes it sucked, not as bad as the "tuck" call that got the Pats to the superbowl.. but it happens every season to a lot of teams. You can complain and protest all you want, but the game is never just decided upon by one call or play.

Now before I get pummeled with canter, yes sometimes that timing effects the call tremendously, but a team has 50 + other plays to alter the outcome of the game. To error is human, and last time I checked the refs are still human even though the piss me off endlessly. :lol:

You lost the game.. yes that impacted the outcome, but they ran the same play on the touchdown and extra point.. stop it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
bavpb
15 years ago

that was crazy. The Chargers got screwed out of a win because of this. Unfortunate as that is, i hope that the refs don't arrange a "make-up" victory for the Chargers, thus screwing some other poor team out of a win and perpetuating the cycle. I've always hated how that happens. A reffing mistake happens, but, hey, it's ok. they'll give them a make-up call in the future. That's how a lot of bad blood of develops.

I don't like to see reffing screw-ups, but it's unreasonable to expect them to be perfect. I actually respect the hell out of Ed for admitting his mistake right away. Because he manned up, maybe that will prevent a brawl from happening when the broncos and chargers meet again later this season.

Thank you, Ed Hochuli, for being a man and owning up to your mistake. It's unfortunate that there aren't more NFL personnel like you.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Brought him respect and a downgrade.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ad6fb6&template=with-video&confirm=true 
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ade1a7&template=with-video&confirm=true 

have a nice day,
Harald
It was a tight game, and it swayed back and forth. And sure enough, he pulled out a victory at the end...
I swear to you, he smiled while he was doing it. He smiled til the end.
We’ll miss you, gunslinger.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (18h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (19h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (22h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.