Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
Being that there is no one in camp to challenge him.. this is great news to hear that he found the issue with the pushing right issue..

Source of Course... 

Maybe Mason Crosby solved the problem with his kicking early in training camp.
Advertisement

Crosby was only 29 of 39 on live field-goal attempts in training camp going into Tuesday, including a 6-for-9 on Monday low-lighted by a 28-yard miss. The common factor? Nine of his 10 misses were wide right.

So Crosby and special-teams coach Shawn Slocum scrutinized practice videotape and determined hed been lining up too wide for his soccer-style windup, and pushing the ball a little too far right. [img_r]http://www.footballdiner.com/masoncrosby.jpg[/img_r]

On Tuesday morning, in live field-goal drills that simulated a late drive and kick at the and end of a half or game, Crosby crushed the ball while going 3-for-3 on long kicks that had several yards or more to spare: a 53-yarder, a 58-yarder and a 53-yarder.

Just a little alignment, Crosby said. We looked at a couple things, tightened it down, then when out there and hit the ball well.

The Packers have been surprised at Crosbys erratic kicking early in camp, though he said hes been striking the ball well. Along with technical flaw, Crosby also is adjusting to changes at holder this year because of the Packers uncertainty at punter.

Most NFL teams use the punter as the holder because they can work on their timing almost any time during practice, whereas a regular position player has individual, group and team drills. The Packers dont know who their punter will be Jeremy Kapinos and Durant Brooks are in a tight competition, and if neither performs well the Packers could end up with a player released by another team.

With that unknown, theyre using backup quarterback Matt Flynn as the primary holder, and Brooks as the No. 2. Crosbys 28-yard miss Monday came with the backup holder and snapper, though there were no obvious errors on the play. The Packers now are occasionally pulling Flynn from quarterback drills to get in a few holds before live kicking.

Were figuring out ways to get (Flynn) out, get reps, and make sure we feel consistent and comfortable, Crosby said.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
I vote for scoring a TD every time so all he is doing is kicking extra points.

Hope he has it nailed down now.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
warhawk
14 years ago
Good news.

58 yarder. Wow.
"The train is leaving the station."
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
Is that a 58 yarder with people trying to block it or just a 58 yarder with just him and the holder out there?

Either way, very impressive.
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
14 years ago
He almost kicked a 63 yarder and missed by about 1 or 2 yards last season on that free kick. He's got a real good leg. Just gotta work that accuracy. I like Crosby.

Let's not make the same mistake of pulling a slightly unreliable strong legged kicker for any TC casualty freelance kicker who supposedly is consistent but couldn't kick his way out of a Styrofoam box.
blank
14 years ago
Wouldn't it be wonderful if all it took was an adjustment to his approach angle. Here's hoping! I like Crosby. It'd be a shame to get rid of him for some mediocre vet.
UserPostedImage
JNelson87
14 years ago
I hope Crosby is the kicker for years to come. I really like his skills, I think he can become one of the elite kickers. I just hope he remains in Green Bay if he keeps it up which I believe is a no doubter.

A little off topic, but one thing I hate is having a carousel of kickers/punters. We need to find a decent punter and stick with him. We haven't really had a punter, since Bidwell left, who stayed for more than 3 years? Maybe Barker?
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

Is that a 58 yarder with people trying to block it or just a 58 yarder with just him and the holder out there?

Either way, very impressive.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

On Tuesday morning, in live field-goal drills that simulated a late drive and kick at the and end of a half or game

I'm guessing "live" means with defenders out there trying to block, etc.. I'm not sure though.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
awesome to hear
UserPostedImage
musccy
14 years ago
masspackfan...I can NOT see Ted Thompson letting him go. Was it Ryan?, the punter a few years ago who actually wasn't half bad and then Ted Thompson tried to out think himself by bringing in some crappy vet from the 'skins. Hopefully he has learned from that!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (10h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.