Zero2Cool
14 years ago
At first it bothered me. Because I felt his reason was to spite the Packers.

The more I've thought about it, the more I'm fine with it.

I don't believe his main motive is to 'stick it' to the Packers anymore.

When you think of the other 31 teams in the NFL, what other team can be said to be only a solid QB from being a true contender? I can't think of any other than the Vikings. I think the fact that he will have two opportunities to 'stick it' to the Packers is more icing on the cake, than the cake itself, if that makes sense.

I've said from the start, if he wants to play for the sake of playing, I'm down for it, regardless of what team. And the more I read from his comments, the more I feel that to be true. I know the Favre's are somehow 'known' to hold a grudge, but I also know how much Brett fears surgery. To have surgery for the chance of 'sticking it' to his former team, I just don't see it.

If Brett joins the Vikings, I hope he does decent. I'd like to see him extend his streaks farther so Peyton Manning can not reach them at all. I'd also like to see the Packers dominate the Vikings in every facet of the game, even Pass Defense.

As a Brett fan, I'll be pulling for him to do well just as I have with my favorite player, Barry Sanders. I'll just be rooting MORE for the Packers than I will be for Brett if they shall meet in a game.

I don't know if I can root against Brett. Sure, his comments have shone a different light on who he is in my opinion, but when it gets down to it... Brett is still the QB that I'd take over any one else.

Barry Sanders.
Brett Favre.

That will not change even if Brett wins a SB with the Vikings, then the Bears, then the Cowboys.

I can say this because when I ask myself "would I have been a fan of Brett if he had played for a different team instead of the Packers all those years?" The answer is, yes. So I ask myself, why would that change now? Answer is, it won't.

Go Brett, but GO MORE Packers.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago
Nice post.

when I ask myself "would I have been a fan of Brett if he had played for a different team instead of the Packers all those years?" The answer is, yes. So I ask myself, why would that change now? Answer is, it won't.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I've always been torn on Favre. If he never played with the Pack he would be, most likely, almost guaranteed to be my favorite player in the game. Him tormenting my favorite team all those years has numbed my favoritism a bit until last season.

I still stand by this, that Favre is and always has been the 'good ol' boy' with his heart on his sleeve, rather than the manipulating drama whore haters tend to label him as. Which was the main reason I wanted to like him all those years.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
vikesrule
14 years ago

...I still stand by this, that Favre is and always has been the 'good ol' boy' with his heart on his sleeve...

"Formo" wrote:

:pukeright:

Nice post Z2C.

But Formo my friend, I 'm really starting to worry about you.
I'm starting to think that Favre might need to install a Plexiglas bellybutton so that you can see where you are going.
::wink:
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
As much as I agonize over saying this, I have to concur wholeheartedly with my colleague vikesrule. I don't buy the "good ol' boy" shtick at all, its incredible profitability for Favre (and the media) notwithstanding. Or perhaps particularly because of said profitability.

That's not to say he wasn't an amazing quarterback in his prime, because he obviously was.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
Me....i don't really care now.
I won't cheer for him as a Viking, cause every game they win would affect OUR team.
Doesn't mean i hate him in any way, shape, or form. I just can't cheer for the Vikings, unless they are in the playoffs and MY Packers are not.
I still love BF. But he's not "OUR" guy now.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago

Me....i don't really care now.
I won't cheer for him as a Viking, cause every game they win would affect OUR team.
Doesn't mean i hate him in any way, shape, or form. I just can't cheer for the Vikings, unless they are in the playoffs and MY Packers are not.
I still love Brett Favre. But he's not "OUR" guy now.

"Cheesey" wrote:

No Cheesey he is Driver's guy :p

but Zero that was a great post and actually the thing about if he played for another team would i still like him and ya i would, how can't you enjoy watching a guy having so much fun on the field.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Thank you dhazer. I'm glad you thought it was a great post. I actually thought it was (for me anyhow) fairly decent. I'm kind of surprised members like Heather have focused their posts on negative threads instead one that sheds a positive light, sort of.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
14 years ago
after trying to put myself in his shoes, i've come to realize that i cannot because i've never "loved" a job so much that it would be so difficult for me to walk away from it. putting my dad in his shoes though brings a completely different light to things. he farmed his entire life, loved every minute of it, & always said he'd like to die out in the field in his tractor. with this new perspective, i can understand how this decision can be incredibly difficult & painful for favre. he can want to "stick it" to the packers, thompson, or whomever but in the end, he has to look himself in the mirror & truly feel he can continue to contribute to a team - period. i think that's what he's doing now. i wish him the best in making the right decision for himself.
mi_keys
14 years ago
Good post, I disagree about playing down the sticking it to us but in reality we're all just making (educated) guesses one way or another. The point about him playing for another team for his career and still being a fan, well I'd most likely have still been a fan.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Greg C.
14 years ago
Where Favre really lost me was last summer when he said that he wanted to play for a division rival. And he later admitted that "vindictiveness" was a motivating factor for him. So I can't quite buy that, out of 31 other teams, the Vikings just happened to be the perfect match for him. He tried to downplay the whole thing in the Joe Buck interview, but the old "Aw shucks" routine convinces fewer and fewer people every time he pulls it out, and he lost me for good a year ago.
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (17h) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22h) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.