Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
Barfarn said: Go to Quoted Post
Oh yea, Jesus wouldn’t name-call either according to the Bible…hehe.

Nonstopdrivel said: Go to quoted Post

Oh, yeah?

Matthew 12:34 said:
You brood of vipers!

You say Jesus Name-called? That he engaged in abusive language or insults designed to mentally harm someone? He gave his only begotten son and then name-called? That is inconsistent.

If you’re going to assert a book tells you all you need to know about God, ya should make sure where in the hell it came from [because maybe it truly did come from hell]. Satin is a pretty sneaky bastard, it’d just be like him to toss a book into society and say, “this [slave-justifying, hating on gay, misogynistic, flat earth society] book is all ya need to know about God.”

Grasshopper, THINK!

Jesus never said “Viper;” because he didn’t effing speak English. I think Bible quoters often lose tract of this.

Matthew was written 40 years after Christ’s Ascension, the author’s accounts are all 2nd, 3rd 4th hand. So, here’s what ya got If the author is correct:

Jesus probably called the hypocritical fools of the day “akidneh” or “nachash,” not vipers. A MAN supposedly observed the event and told other MEN. Another MAN translated the oral stories told in Aramaic into Greek 40 years later. Then MEN assembled the Muratorian Fragment putting Matthew in the “Bible” along with Paul’s letters to the Alexandrians and Macedonians and the Gospel of Thomas. MEN made up the 1st and 2nd councils of Nicaea, keeping Matthew in the Bible. MEN translated the Greek into Latin, who made up the Council of Trent, who put the current Bible together in Latin. These MEN at Trent decided Matthew and 7 of Paul’s letters would be in the Bible, but his letter to the Macedonians and the Alexandrians were cut out, along with the Gospel of Thomas. Then Men translated the Latin into various forms of English over the years.

Biblical educational seminar aside, the greater point is that Jesus used this imaginary to inform the HYPOCRITES that they’re going to hell and supported his conclusion with a pile of facts. This was scholarly judgement not name-calling. Anyone believing the Bible would NEVER act like Trump…EVER!
Cheesey
4 years ago
Judge not, lest you be judged.
Anyway, Jesus got angry at the evil he saw. He overturned tables.
Whatever words he used, the meaning was there.
I bet he made it CLEAR what he thought of what was going on.
What difference is it what exact words he used?
That, in my view, is nit picking.
JMO of course.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Judge not, lest you be judged.
Anyway, Jesus got angry at the evil he saw. He overturned tables.
Whatever words he used, the meaning was there.
I bet he made it CLEAR what he thought of what was going on.
What difference is it what exact words he used?
That, in my view, is nit picking.
JMO of course.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Jesus did not get angry. One of the reasons his followers followed him was his poise and calm because it gave them confidence he had a plan worthy of following.

And he was not a Packers fan. He didn't like contact sports!! 😂
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago
He overturned tables. Was it anger? Or just frustration over what they were doing. Or just to make an exclamation point?
I’m not God, so I (and any other human) can’t say for certain.
But it’s obvious that he wasn’t happy.
He did things that us humans would be able to understand.
Over thinking what God/Jesus does, doesn’t work.
I think some people try to put what they think ahead of what God meant by what He said or did.
It’s like with salvation. God doesn’t put strings on it. It is free to us, no strings attached. You can’t “earn” it. Sin “earns” separation from God. Being a good person won’t get you to heaven.
Only by accepting Jesus death on the cross to cover our sins will get you there.
I always say that God’s gift to us is salvation. What we do with it shows Him our appreciation for Jesus sacrifice for us.
Again, Christians aren’t perfect, only forgiven.
End of sermon🤣
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

He overturned tables. Was it anger? Or just frustration over what they were doing. Or just to make an exclamation point?
I’m not God, so I (and any other human) can’t say for certain.
But it’s obvious that he wasn’t happy.
He did things that us humans would be able to understand.
Over thinking what God/Jesus does, doesn’t work.
I think some people try to put what they think ahead of what God meant by what He said or did.
It’s like with salvation. God doesn’t put strings on it. It is free to us, no strings attached. You can’t “earn” it. Sin “earns” separation from God. Being a good person won’t get you to heaven.
Only by accepting Jesus death on the cross to cover our sins will get you there.
I always say that God’s gift to us is salvation. What we do with it shows Him our appreciation for Jesus sacrifice for us.
Again, Christians aren’t perfect, only forgiven.
End of sermon🤣

Over thinking what God/Jesus does, doesn't work, which I agree with and why I wonder how anyone can follow the New Testament at all. My belief from everything I've read and such is I put more stock in the Dead Sea Scrolls than any "King" version of the Bible.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago
The most important thing in the Bible is to accept Jesus as savior. If a person wants to question God about the rest of it, you can then ask Him when you get to heaven.
Also, if you try to put the Bible in your own mind as an imperfect human, then a lot of it won’t make sense. We are finite humans trying to put an infinite God into a test tube.
There are some things that we won’t comprehend. That’s fine with me, as there are many things I don’t comprehend.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

The most important thing in the Bible is to accept Jesus as savior. If a person wants to question God about the rest of it, you can then ask Him when you get to heaven.
Also, if you try to put the Bible in your own mind as an imperfect human, then a lot of it won’t make sense. We are finite humans trying to put an infinite God into a test tube.
There are some things that we won’t comprehend. That’s fine with me, as there are many things I don’t comprehend.

Whoa, WHOA! Hold up... in your own mind as an imperfect human? That is pure nonsense poopiepants! I am far from imperfect!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago

Whoa, WHOA! Hold up... in your own mind as an imperfect human? That is pure nonsense poopiepants! I am far from imperfect!

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

True....my bad!
If you are looking for a perfect example of imperfect, you fit it PERFECTLY!😂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (5h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (8h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (11h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (12h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (22h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.