wils0646
14 years ago
Great interview.

I envy people that were at the game where Brett threw that laser to Freeman. What a throw.

I'll go ahead and do it if Porky doesn't want to do the member interview.
The Pack Will Be Back.
longtimefan
14 years ago

Great read LT and ty for doing it. I know at times it seems like we don't get along but i respect your opinions on things. I feel like you Batman and i'm the Joker. I would be nothing on here without you so please keep up the good work.

I think thats awesome what your doing for the kids, I always want to do it but i think i would be to emotional for them. When it comes to your son best wishes for him and i have no problem hearing about him. I think alot on here would be in agreement that we are family on this site.

So once again thanks for the read and doing it :)

"dhazer" wrote:

kissing up to me?

:thumbleft:
Cheesey
14 years ago

Good read LT, don't ever feel bad about talking about your son on here, even venting. Hell, if that was never allowed this site would shut down!

"Trippster" wrote:

I agree with Trippster.
I look at this site as my "family". We share the good AND bad times.

When i was in the hospital in February, it's funny, but one of my first thoughts was "How will i let Packershome know whats going on? What if i die, and they have no clue why I'm not there anymore? They will think i just left them." Isn't that crazy? But it's true. That was why i made my wife bring my notebook to the hospital, because i KNEW i had just written 4packgirl's phone number in it, and i knew she would let everyone know what was up.
we ARE "family", through good and bad.........some of us are dysfuntional, (me)but that doesn't mean we don't all belong here! Heck....the place puts up with ME!
JJ is going through hell, and it HAS to be eatting at you, knowing you can't "fix" whats wrong with him. My heart goes out to you........it has to be such a feeling of helplessness. After all, Daddy's are supposed to be able to fix everything. But we all know thats not true. For you, it's a daily battle, and there's nothing wrong with sharing it with us, and HOPEFULLY we can help in some small way to lift you up and in small ways help you carry your burden.
You are not alone, as long as you don't WANT to be alone.
Heck........i'm still here, and still trying to figure out why. I hope my words, which are meant from the heart, can some how help you.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Thanks for having the courage to be vulnerable and share your sorrows and triumphs with us. I was touched to read about your son. My wife and I have a couple of little guys who were born prematurely and thus are always sick. We lose a lot of sleep over them, but our little tribulations are nothing compared to yours. You have my admiration.

I'm glad you like the job the mods are doing here. I also happen to think we have a damn good group of mods, if I do say so myself. I think one of the reasons we have the liberty to be a little more tolerant than mods on other sites is this site doesn't function as an advertising medium for a certain product or point of view. Thus we don't have to be vigilant for overt or covert promotion of other product or schools of thought, as mods on many sites do. Plus our estimable leader has chosen mods with enough diversity of thought that if one of us tried to impose our views on the board, he'd just piss off the other mods. ;)

I'm jealous that you've had the chance to go to Lambeau -- not once, but multiple times. I've never made it, but I hope to one day.

Good luck with everything and again, thanks.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago
Yes Alan it is hell, and it is frustrating to know I cant do anything to fix it.

Its even worse when I try to make things better when he is with me by getting 2 ramps donated or other things donated and put in...

the ex wife yells and cusses me out because I am trying to take advantage of his condition..She thinks I should have to pay for anything he needs because I do not pay support.......well I only pay 30 a week.

I figure since I can't really afford to get the more expensive things he needs when with me,there are programs out there to HELP people such as my self..Why not use it? She doesnt see it that way..I should be a "man" and provide all the $$ needed for him myself

Long story short my ex was a cheater thats why she is the ex..

The 2 kids I always thought were mine biologically are not..Found that out few years after the divorce.. I decided to take her to court over the paternity and fought the fact was paying 200$ a week for kids not mine.

I ended up getting it reduced to the 30 a week, because JJ was able to get ssi from the state, and it off set my support..So every since then she has bashed me every chance she can get because I do not "pay support"
Cheesey
14 years ago

Yes Alan it is hell, and it is frustrating to know I cant do anything to fix it.

Its even worse when I try to make things better when he is with me by getting 2 ramps donated or other things donated and put in...

the ex wife yells and cusses me out because I am trying to take advantage of his condition..She thinks I should have to pay for anything he needs because I do not pay support.......well I only pay 30 a week.

I figure since I can't really afford to get the more expensive things he needs when with me,there are programs out there to HELP people such as my self..Why not use it? She doesnt see it that way..I should be a "man" and provide all the $$ needed for him myself

Long story short my ex was a cheater thats why she is the ex..

The 2 kids I always thought were mine biologically are not..Found that out few years after the divorce.. I decided to take her to court over the paternity and fought the fact was paying 200$ a week for kids not mine.

I ended up getting it reduced to the 30 a week, because JJ was able to get ssi from the state, and it off set my support..So every since then she has bashed me every chance she can get because I do not "pay support"

"longtimefan" wrote:

Boy....isn't THAT a slap in the face???
She screws around, gets pregnant.......you "man up" and be the kid's Daddy, and she has the nerve to pull that crap.
Plus, as you stated, there are programs out there that are there specificly to help people. Thats why they are there! After all, it's not like you don't have a very valid reason to do so!
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago
you should have heard her when I won that Tv from the hog for submitting my football fantasy..
Formo
14 years ago
Great read Longtime. Sadly, I did not know of your story.. I empathize.

I also empathize with how you and your ex ended up.. Two things I'm more passionate about than anything else.. Is broken homes and children. And you have both of them, unfortunately. My thoughts and prayers go to you my friend.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
longtimefan
14 years ago

Great read Longtime. Sadly, I did not know of your story.. I empathize.

I also empathize with how you and your ex ended up.. Two things I'm more passionate about than anything else.. Is broken homes and children. And you have both of them, unfortunately. My thoughts and prayers go to you my friend.

"Formo" wrote:

TY 🙂
Cheesey
14 years ago

you should have heard her when I won that Tv from the hog for submitting my football fantasy..

"longtimefan" wrote:

You should have got a used TV, cut it in half with a chain saw, and said "Here's your half!" :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dhazer (10m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.