• Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
PackersHome name: longtimefan
Real name (first only): Jim
Current City: Milwaukee
Hometown: Milwaukee

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I came up with it a few years ago while researching an authentic Brett Favre pro bowl jersey.They had some on sale at his official web site and saw they had a message board. So I picked that name to join Brett's board.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I grew up in Milwaukee, nothing special about my neighbor hood, would probably have been just like all the rest middle class areas. I have 2 brothers, 2 sisters lot of nieces and nephews and a few GREAT nieces and nephews. My folks were in their 40's when they had me, and they are still alive. They both are 83.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

I started out playing littler league baseball summer league as a pitcher, in fact played against Larry Hisles son a few times. I never really liked to play the team sport of baseball though. I got into football when I was in the 5th grade and LOVED IT. I played football in HS. Made freshman team as linebacker and guard. Sophomore year played on the JV team as same, but then got asked to jump up to the Varsity as an offensive tackle. stayed there rest of 3 years. Made all city as a senior as most of our offense made that. We had best running attack in the southern part of the state.Had a future Olympic runner as a Rb and WR. We made playoffs as the ONLY undefeated team ever at my high school. We played Manitowoc in State and got butts handed to us. I did play against Don Davey the entire game.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Just hanging out with my friends after football games going to parties. Going up north in Wisconsin to visit relatives as I got older I was able to take a friend and we would go fishing the entire 3 days form sun up to sun down.

5) What was your first job?

Delivering the Milwaukee journal paper after school..The one years ago that came at 4 or 5 at night.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

My dad taking me to my 1st game back at County Stadium vs the Rams when Dickey broke his legs. It was frezzing, cold,could hardly move but I loved it. I then would get on some pads my fake helmet and my dads t-shirt over the pads and toss the football on the roof of garage pretending I was one of the RB.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

The win over Carolina for the NFCCG, I had to work ( We worked 2 on 2 off 3 on 3 off 12 hours a day type shift )but we all had the radio and one small Tv out side. After the game I went to a co-worker who hated Brett, and told him STFU now..and we hugged! LOL....

8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?

From the old packer forum site..Zero sent me the link right after he started it up.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

I pretty much only really follow the Pack..I will watch the Badgers, Brewers, Bucks and Marquette anytime I can........Went to TWO games when the Brewers played the A's for the pennant. Only been to 3 Buck games, been 2 one Badger game ( Ron Dyne ran all over Mich State) and one Marquette game.

10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Working, doing stuff around my house, hanging out with all our kids, making improvments on my wifes web site. Going to concerts if my favorite local bands are playing,... the gufs, fever marlene, and northern room

I also volunteer for Make-a-Wish...They did so much for my son and I for his trip I just have to give back to them. So I get to help grant wishes to other children that have life threatening illnesses...I get so much joy knowing that I am helping these families.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

To be part of that whole summer drama crap. I really want to know the truth as to what happened. If not that, then the day the Packers won the SB

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

1st one was the Christmas Eve win over Pitts, Thigpen drop in endzone.
Next was the playoff win over Detroit
97 Sunday night over Detroit with Ray Nitsche sitting in front of me
96 vs the Chargers in a romp
2001 vs Atlanta lost 23-20
05 vs New Orleans in another romp
then last year opening night vs the Vikings

13) What is your worst fear?

Not being able to proved my son with all he needs to help combat his Duchennes Muscular Dystrophy. He doesnt live with me full time, but the times I do have him its hard to care for him properly as I dont have the things he has at home. He has a special bed at home where as I dont have one here..I was lucky enough to have 2 ramps donated to my house, which help A GREAT DEAL..

I try not to mention my son here to much. I feel like I am imposing on others here if I talking about my son and whats going on..In case you haven't seen it, this is the places I try to do updates at.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Walking, running, working out, working on my house, trying to fix computers, and hanging out with friends.

15) Whats your favorite food?

Would have to say prime rib

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Puerto Vallarta, Grand Caymans, Dzibilchaltun( mexico temple of 7 dolls ) , Ft Lauderdale, Walt Disney World, California, Washington DC, Pensicola..

#1 would be Walt Disney World, was Make a Wish trip for my son. That was the 1st and only real vacation we took with my son. We just can't afford to take any more real vacations anymore. and with him being in a wheel chair full time now, that time was his time to just run around and have fun.

http://www.delange.org/Dzibilchaltun/Dzibilchaltun.htm 

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Take my son to fishing.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Right where I am in the summer and winter in Hawaii

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

Brett
Eddie Lee Ivory (I imitated him in back yard when playing with my friends)
Ray Nitsche
Byrce Paup
Reggie White

20) Up to now, what is your favorite PackersHome memory or feature?

Not a "memory" but just the way Zero and the mods allow certain things to be said or done, unlike other places where things aren't allowed

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.

I want Porky to do it, I don't see his interview on the section....I really respect his views.

If not him then I pick wils0646.

What is it that irritates you the most about dhazer?

He uses double standards when comparing Favre and Rodgers. It was okay for Brett to throw ints but not Rodgers...He reminds me of my co-worker who said Brett was nothing but a 3rd string q/b...

Maybe I am the only one that sees this and maybe he doesn't know he really does it, but that is why. It doesn't matter if its a forum or not I do not like when people aren't using same standards when comparing people.

Even Brett's pilot is on Rodgers bandwagon and says he is going to be a very good q/b for the Pack.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
14 years ago
Sorry for the delay on posting.. but pretty crazy around here.

Eddie Lee Ivery and Gerry Ellis were better than they were given credit for..

UserPostedImage

I used to have a army bag hanging in the hay loft of the barn that was on a detectable clip and I would swing it back and forth then tackle it as a moving player... I had the number 40 on it.. I always thought he was a pretty good back.. had a full set of shoulder pad and helmet and would practice hitting that hay filled bag a couple times a week.. that bag was pretty solid and harder to wrap up than one might thing in a full swing.

If you hit the bag hard enough, the clip would detach and you would plaster the bag.. lol.

Sorry simple name evoked a memory.. lol.

Good read longtime.. I would love to walk the Mayan ruins..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
IronMan
14 years ago

97 Sunday night over Detroit with Ray Nitsche sitting in front of me

Whoa. Too cool. :shock:
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Good interview. You are one of the guys I never really could find anything specfic about, if you know what I mean. Maybe a bit closed or so. Great to really get to know you some more.

I wanted to go to the first website that's posted. The one about your son where you write down your updates, but it gives me a bad link.

I don't know about imposing yourself here, I think no one would mind it if you talked a little about your son over here, if you'd want to. I mean, we know all about another kid in the army by now and everyone seems to enjoy that.

Doing work for the Make-A-Wish foundation sounds really fun and noble aswell. I always start to get tears in my eyes when I see the things they're doing for these kids.
IronMan
14 years ago

Good interview. You are one of the guys I never really could find anything specfic about, if you know what I mean. Maybe a bit closed or so. Great to really get to know you some more.

I wanted to go to the first website that's posted. The one about your son where you write down your updates, but it gives me a bad link.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Here it is.  
longtimefan
14 years ago

I don't know about imposing yourself here, I think no one would mind it if you talked a little about your son over here, if you'd want to. I mean, we know all about another kid in the army by now and everyone seems to enjoy that.

Doing work for the Make-A-Wish foundation sounds really fun and noble aswell. I always start to get tears in my eyes when I see the things they're doing for these kids.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

My sons page 

Hope that works?

I don't know why I feel the need to be more closed? People at work ask about Jj and I will answer them, but I just don't go around complaining about everything that is going wrong with him, just not my style I guess..

so if people want to ask about him I do not have any issues answering them...

I have met some incredible kids thru M-A-Win fact one kid wanted to work in a homeless shelter for their wish..What 11 year old wants to do that??
Trippster
14 years ago
Good read LT, don't ever feel bad about talking about your son on here, even venting. Hell, if that was never allowed this site would shut down!
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
14 years ago
I fixed the link in the initial post.. not sure why it snapped..

BTW... what was JJ's response?
longtimefan
14 years ago
He just said no...:(
dhazer
14 years ago
Great read LT and ty for doing it. I know at times it seems like we don't get along but i respect your opinions on things. I feel like you Batman and i'm the Joker. I would be nothing on here without you so please keep up the good work.

I think thats awesome what your doing for the kids, I always want to do it but i think i would be to emotional for them. When it comes to your son best wishes for him and i have no problem hearing about him. I think alot on here would be in agreement that we are family on this site.

So once again thanks for the read and doing it 🙂
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dhazer (3m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.