• Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
PackersHome name: Dhazer
Real name (first only): Dave
Current City: Johnstown
Hometown: Oconto

1) How did you choose your screen name?

Nickname from when i was a kid. Nothing special

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I grew up in the small town of Oconto, which is located 30 miles north of Green Bay. It had at the time one stoplight in town but now they have a hwy 41 bypassing Oconto so i think its gone. Lots of bars in town so did my share of drinking when i was young. I have a brother and a sister. Brother lives in AZ and sister lives in Chicago.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

I played all the basic sports when i was younger. Baseball was my first love, then it was Basketball and finally football which i didn't play in high school (to many practices and i got stuck on the o-line).

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

I would say it was pitching in the State Babe Ruth league baseball tournament. I loved the spotlight and i was a damn good pitcher. But on this i got to pitch against a team i faced 2 days earlier and struck out 20 of the 21 batters. I felt real confident going against them seeing i know i didn't show them all my pitches so i was hyped. Well we had to play a league game before that and i pitched 3 innings in that game as a warm up. Well all things were going well for me i struck out the first 8 guys i faced then came that 9th batter. I went to throw a curve ball and i felt a pop and then the pain shot down my arm. It hurt so bad it had me in tears on the mound and i tried to hide it but my fastball dropped all the way down to like 40 mph. When i finally told the coach i can't throw anymore he pulled me and i got checked out. When i finally found out what it was i cried like a baby. I ended up tearing my rotators cuff and tore some ligaments in my elbow. I knew i would never get that enjoyment and god like feeling of being on the mound again.

5) What was your first job?

I worked at a local car dealership washing cars. Go ahead and laugh but hey it paid for the beer lol.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

When your raised that close to Green Bay you don't really have a choice. I aced Packer history in school :)

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/gbwashclassic.html 
side note i have never been to a game the Packers lost.

8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?

I was actually banned on another site because i was a Ted Thompson hater lol imagine that. I actually found this site from watching a few feeds of the games and i believe i talked to Zero and came and joined the site. Been here irratating people ever since :p

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

I follow some baseball like the Cubbies and Brewers. I like watching Nascar also (good for wasting a sunday so i don't get rusty before the nfl starts)

10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Creating websites or repairing computers. During the fall i love archery hunting and i also bowl.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

I would be Mark Murphy so i could fire TT's ass lol. But seriously i would like to be just the equipment manager or something like that, someone the players will joke around with.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

I have been there 10 times but never on a warm day. Gotta love the December games. I have seen some great games, like i mentioned the Skins game, the Yancy game, a few Tampa games and of course a few Bear games.

13) What is your worst fear?

When it comes to life i don't fear anything, but as far as animals i am petrified by snakes ( I act like a little girl when i see them in the wild)

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Working with computers, Golfing and hunting. Video games also is a must.

15) Whats your favorite food?

Beef Stroganoff by far.

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I was born in Encino Cali but was moved to Oconto when i was like 3 months old. I have been to the east coast and west coast. Been to Canada a few times, I have never gone south to much heat i think. I live now in Pa and its a beautiful state but sucks to live here. But after traveling alot i will never pass up on going back home to Oconto.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

I want to go to Alaska for a good Grizzly Bear hunt with the bow and arrow. That would be such a rush to get a bear that close to me and knowing you have to make a perfect shot.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

I would love to live in Australia out in the outback.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

1) Mike "Mad Dawg" Douglas
2) Lynn " you may beat our Packers but you won't lick our" Dickey
3) James Lofton
4) Gerry Ellis
5) Brett Favre

My fav would have to be Mad Dawg because i remember when i was a kid they would play basketball games and he would always take the time to meet us all and i remember one time he actually brought me on the court to play on their side. If you noticed 4 of the 5 are players from back in the days when the players cared about the fans and would interact with us and not act like snobs or make us pay for an autograph.

20) Up to now, what is your favorite PackersHome memory or feature?

The best memory was when i told Zero how i felt about Ted Thompson and he said it will be nice to have that other opinion on the boards (even though he said i was wrong lol) He made me feel like a friend right away.

As to this day i think of 99.9% of the posters on here as friends

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.

Next person i would like to learn about would be longtimefan.

Heres a bonus question for Longtime.

What is it that irritates you the most about dhazer?
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
15 years ago

I ended up tearing my rotators cuff and tore some ligaments in my elbow. I knew i would never get that enjoyment and god like feeling of being on the mound again.

Ouch, that sucks. It always sucks when you get an injury, but having a career ending one is just that much more horrible.

I also read up on the Packers - Redskins game. Sounds like one of the best ever, for both offenses, that is. Makes you wonder how the Redskins just lost 2 games that season after giving up nearly 50 points to a mediocre Packers team. (Although, I guess the Cards gave up 56 points to the Jets awell)

side note i have never been to a game the Packers lost.

I suggest you stock up one tickets for this season, I'd like to go 19-0. 😛
dfosterf
15 years ago
Great interview Dave. We will have to find some "middle ground" in this state and go out and play a round of golf.

I love it every time someone brings up that Packer/foreskin game. I am extremely pleased to report that I just talked to the guy that threw me out of his house on that night, the same one that "got" me Brett's autograph when we went to a Packer/skin game at Lambeau....the lifelong foreskin season ticket holder... He has renounced his Redskin fandom (Boy Wonder did it-Dan Snyder). That's after 47 years of faithful zealotry.He's going with the Saints, but hell, no one's perfect. (He is also of the "Lynn Dick-me" fame, you may recall-same game)

Sung to the tune "Hail to the Redskins" in memoria to that fine evening:

To Hell with the Redskins,
F#ck--- old D.C.
Our ends- smoked your safeties
...and Mosely...missed...for three!

...as to Zero, he's an all-right fella, isn't he?

So are you my friend, so are you.
dhazer
15 years ago
Ya David we need to meet up, I haven't golfed since i moved out her but hell a few cases of beer and i'll be Tiger Woods lol. Plus that would give me plenty of time to bring you over to the Dark Side.

Rock i still look back and wonder what could have been if i didn't destroy my arm. One of my close friends from another town actually made the pros. To this day with all his fame he is the same type of guy, Blue jeans t-shirt, house in the country type of guy. He was from Oconto Falls and was raised a farmer. Look him up some time his name is Bob Wickman he has a world series ring he lets his kids play with. To think we used to call him puss arm lol.
So looking at what happened with him really gets me to think what i could have been. Ah to be young again now i play all the old sports like bowling and golf lol.

Hey Rock you can come to the Darkside also 😛
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago
excellent read...why Gary Ellerson tho?
Trippster
15 years ago

excellent read...why Gary Ellerson tho?

"longtimefan" wrote:

It was Gerry Ellis....different guy.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
dhazer
15 years ago
Gerry Ellis was a rb back in the early 80's. I don't know what it was but when i was a kid i would always imitate him when others wanted to be dickey Lofton, Jefferson and so forth. I actually left off Ezra (i eat hot dogs on the bench) Johnson.

Heres a little background on him

http://www.packershalloffame.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=126&Itemid=45 

PS you can all blame Trippster for this lol.

but seriously i enjoyed doing this so thanks Trip, Btw Trippster i am your father and the force is strong with you. Together we can over power the Ted Thompson nation lol 😛
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago
Sorry mis read it!
Cheesey
15 years ago
Good read Dave!!!
Where is "Johnstown?" (Seriously, i don't know)
And your from Oconto???
(Wasn't that town named after the "Lone Ranger's" sidekick???) LOLOL!!!

I have been through Oconto MANY times. My father in law lived in Menominee Michigan, so we drove through Oconto many times.

Oh......and bow hunting a grizzley.......that would be SUCH a rush!
I had a HUGE black bear 27 yards away from me when i was bow hunting for deer one time........and i was sitting on the ground. That got the ol' adreniline pumping!
I can't imagine what it would be like to go after a griz.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Nice interview, Dave. All I have to say is if you truly don't fear anything in life, you're either dumb as a box of rocks or I'm jealous as hell of you. 😉
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
30m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.