ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

This here is one of the major issues with the current CBA

The Players union pissed on the undrafted free agent kids coming into the league, signing for comparative peanuts and having to earn their way onto a roster and into visibility. Not many make impacts, but for the ones that do and outplay their contracts, they have little leverage in securing a fair competitive salary. The Union decided to protect the ridiculous money that the high drafted players in exchange for trapping these blue collar players.

Personally, if I am Williams or Grant, I demand to get a fair contract paid.. not blockbusters but fair market value contracts.

People complain about the Grant contract, it is incentive loaded, so Grant has to perform to earn some of the lucrative numbers in that deal..

Personally, if you take care of these types of players, the ones that earn their payday first with performance, you will reap the benefits of players actually choosing GB over some of the other in the UDFA rookie market.. where some of the hidden NFL gems come from

"pack93z" wrote:

Thank you. When people debate about Thompson, one of the pros that always gets thrown out in response to a complaint that he's inactive in FA is "Hey, he's signing the guys who're already on the team - gotta keep that core talent!" Well, Tramon is the only young CB we have who's proven himself on the field - why the hell would we want to play hardball and lose him?

My work situation is nothing like his - the overwhelming odds are that I'll get home after a day at work completely unharmed, while he's risking his financial future every time he steps on the field. Damn right, he wants some security - any sane NFL player does.

I very much appreciate that Thompson has the team in a good spot in terms of the cap - he's managed it very well. But when we've got talented guys who have proven their worth on the field, we need to pay them and keep them. I'd love to have a couple seasons to mull it over, but the reality is that's a luxury that you can't afford.

Again, it's about the rules of the game - Ted doesn't have to like them, but if he sits on the sidelines refusing to play, he's not doing his job.

I'd like to see Williams get a fair contract offer - will we maybe have to over-pay a bit? Probably - everyone does. That's not a valid reason not to do it, though, IMO.
blank
warhawk
15 years ago
I think it would be bad business to roll over when a player wants a deal restructured. While they did end up signing Grant it was not done overnight.

As far as the CBA goes Ted Thompson did not create it he just has to work with it. I don't know how you can expect him to manage the cap when the draft picks get the kind of contracts they get these days and FA's want guareented money AND the others in the picture are a moving target...unless you keep it aside for a rainy day which is where he gets most of the critizism.

Last, my point was that while he has renegotiated holdouts at times he always ends up justly rewarding those that don't make waves and wait for him to come to them.
"The train is leaving the station."
dhazer
15 years ago
You mean the ones that kiss his butt don't you War lol. Sorry i'm sick i think i caught the dang flu. So i'm just playing around with people on here.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
It's fun when everyone takes things more seriously than you. Doubly if you're sick!
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago

You mean the ones that kiss his butt don't you War lol. Sorry i'm sick i think i caught the dang flu. So i'm just playing around with people on here.

"dhazer" wrote:

Think you caught the virus off of an infected bowling ball?
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
I guess maybe i shouldn't rub my blue ball so much, it could have gotten me sick :p

Don't worry i'm not to sick to still battle the Ted Thompson lovers ๐Ÿ˜‰
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
AJistheHawk50
15 years ago
just got over the flu.. it was some fucked up flu that like closed my throat i didn;t sleep for three days but i couldn't like get outta bed
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

just got over the flu.. it was some fucked up flu that like closed my throat i didn;t sleep for three days but i couldn't like get outta bed

"AJistheHawk50" wrote:

Yikes. It's been going around my work. I missed two total days. One day I spent the entire day in bed, thought I beat it, then a few days later, it came back again and had to miss a second day.

We're actually told at work to stay away from everyone else because if you come in sick, you get two other people sick. I know probably a dozen people here who had it, but none as bad as you. That sucks.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
yooperfan
15 years ago
Jeez, I'm feeling bad for all you guys that are ill, I went through a week and a half of that myself while our friend Cheesey was on the verge of death.
Reading these posts, it has occurred to me that perhaps Teddy is ill himself and that's why nothing is being done at 1265 to improve our defense.
I think I will send him a dozen pink roses and hope he gets well soon.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I'm really hoping that we resign him. I like seeing Tramon in a Packers uniform.
UserPostedImage
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (10h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
    dfosterf (10h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
    beast (10h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
    dfosterf (11h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
    Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
    Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
    Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
    Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
    Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
    beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
    Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
    dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
    Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
    dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
    Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
    Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
    Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
    beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
    beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
    Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
    buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
    Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
    Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
    Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
    Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.