• Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
PackersHome name: Cheesey
Real Name (first only): Alan
Current City: Grafton, WI
Hometown: Milwaukee, WI

UserPostedImage

1) How did you choose your screen name?

Well.....it just seemed like it fit me. I'm a "cheesehead", and make VERY "Cheesy" jokes. But i wanted my screen name to stand out, so i added the extra "E" to "Cheesey!"

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

That will be kind of hard, as I STILL haven't grown up! I may get older, but REFUSE to "grow up!"
I couldn't have asked for more wonderful or loving parents. I lost both of them way too young. My Dad died at 44 of a massive heart attack, my Mom at 59 of heart trouble, and my older brother Bruce at 43, heart too. I have an older sister who's still here. She's 2 years older then me.
I lived on the south side of Milwaukee, when it first was being developed. If you walked one block south from our house, it was all woods. That was one block south of Layton Avenue on south 23rd street. You'd never know now what it was like back then.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

No.......i WISH now i would have gone out for football. But i was a "nerd"......(and of course "class clown")

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

That's easy......every year, our family would take a one or two week vacation up north. We would stay at a cabin on a lake, and fish every day. It was SO much fun. If i could relive a part of my life, that would be it.

5) What was your first job?

A dishwasher at a pancake house. I stayed there one whole month! I got $1.45 an hour!!! Then, a position opened at "Mr. Steak" across the street from there, and I grabbed it! Got me a HUGE raise up to $1.60 per hour!!!

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

1965......I was 8 years old. I remember watching the Packers play on TV, with my Dad and brother. I didn't really understand the game. Then, all at once it made sense, and i "fell in love" with the Packers. I spent the next 2 years making scrap books of everything i could find in the Milwaukee Journal on the Packers. Just so happened to be the first 2 Super Bowl years. I still have the scrap books!

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

There are SO many. SB 31 of course stands out big.

8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?

4packgirl was the one i believe that needled me to come here. Plus i got the invite from Zero.......and who can say "no" to that guy???

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

A little of the Brewers and Bucks. But not like i follow the Pack!

10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Cooking, cleaning, doing the wash. Although lately, my cardio rehab has kept me pretty busy.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

Something I wrote to Bob Harlan about, which he did write me back. I came up with the idea of "Packer for a day", where a fan could dress in full uniform, with his/her name on the jersey, and sit on the bench with the team during a game. To me, that would be priceless!

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

Alot! I didn't get to see Lambeau Field until the late 1970's. But since then, have been there many times.

13) What is your worst fear?

Wow.......after what i went through 3 weeks ago, my thoughts have changed. To me, I'm not afraid of death. But suffering, that scares me. Although it's really something.......I went through my heart operation, all the EXTREME pain that has followed with it, and never shed a tear. Anyone that knows me, knows I'm a "softy" and am not ashamed to show my emotions. But my first day home, I came back on th site, and started to read all the wonderful "get well" and "we miss you" messages out loud to my wife, and i cried so hard i couldn't talk. Everytime i'd start reading another line, I'd choke up and start bawling. The people here touched my heart in ways that words just can't do justice too.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Sportscard collecting. (Mostly football, but some of everything)
Deer hunting.
Singing.

15) Whats your favorite food?

Prime rib and lobster. Which of course now, at least for the time being i can't have.

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites?

During a 6 month span in 1986 i was all over the country. From California to Texas. I liked being able to see the country, but my heart is in Wisconsin.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Be able to afford my own home. A place to actually OWN. Not just rent.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

I hate the cold in Wisconsin in the winter, but i can't see myself living anywhere else. Every place has it's good and bad points.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

Ray Nitschke. He will always be in my top 5. I got to meet him, and he was so gracious to me. Even let me try on his Super Bowl one ring.
Bart Starr.
Favre.
Driver.
John Jefferson. He wasn't a big star, but i liked how he would take a vicious hit, lay there for a second, and then jump up!

20) Up to this date, what is you favorite PackersHome feature or memory?

All the well wishes from my "family" here during and after heart surgery.

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.

I don't know WHO to ask.......Trippster would be fun!
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
15 years ago
Great interview Cheesey. Can't believe that you actually got to try on Nitschke's ring and how did Bob Harlan re-act? Something along the lines of player safety?

Also,

Deer hunting.
Singing.

Do you know how to make podcasts? 😛
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Alan - Great interview!

My Dad was telling me about Wisconsin in the 60s, fishing in lakes. I would have loved to have been there. Not as nice now unfortunately.

I also kept scrapbooks of anything Packers. Started in 76. We were so bad. It's cool you were able to start at SBI & SBII years. Man, I was so happy when we beat anybody, even Tampa Bay. That's why I always liked the New Orleans Saints because they had the decency to lose to us.

Minnesota woud win the division every year, but of course, we all knew what would happen afterwards. I don't know if it was more heartbreaking to be a Packers fan or a Vikings fan those days.

I would have loved to have met Nietchke. Dad used to always say he was second best after Butkis. Dad's a huge Bears fan (we're from Chicago) and 1963 was his favorite year. He likes to believe the Packers were at their best in '63 and his Bears triumphed, but conveniently forgets Horning didn't play that year and our D was much better the year before.

I was so stoked when we got John Jefferson. Loved seeing him on the Chargers, then all of a sudden, he's wearing a Packers jersey. He took some of the double coverages off of James Lofton, who at the time was my favorite player ever. Fun years. Ended too soon.

Great read. Hope your health picks up.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Packerchick
15 years ago
Excellent Interview Cheesey.
I am a woman and I love football.
Formo
15 years ago
Awesome stuff, my Cheesey friend!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
When you're not on PackersHome you're not on the Wii? what the heck! Don't make us come down there again!! 🙂
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

When you're not on PackersHome you're not on the Wii? what the heck! Don't make us come down there again!! :)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Oh!
I having been "Wii'ing" for SURE!!!
I even started golfing on it! And my bowling has improved! Still not great, but lots better!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

Great interview Cheesey. Can't believe that you actually got to try on Nitschke's ring and how did Bob Harlan re-act? Something along the lines of player safety?

Also,

Deer hunting.
Singing.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Do you know how to make podcasts? :p

I don't know how.......but there is one clip of me on youtube that Trippster put up for me when i sang at the Ozaukee Idol contest last summer. I was REALLY nervous, as i never sang in front of 400 people before, but i still managed to finish 4th. If you watch the clip, i start singing about a minute into it.

I made a CD and gave a copy to Zero and Crystal, but i don't know if they ever listened to it or not.
Maybe it was THAT bad and they just didn't want to hurt my feelings by saying so.
Hey Zero and Crystal......what did you think of it? I won't be mad if you say it sucked. I just wanted you guys to be able to hear me sing.
I actually want REAL answers as to what people think of it, as i want to try out for the contest again if they have it this year.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

Alan - Great interview!

My Dad was telling me about Wisconsin in the 60s, fishing in lakes. I would have loved to have been there. Not as nice now unfortunately.

I also kept scrapbooks of anything Packers. Started in 76. We were so bad. It's cool you were able to start at SBI & SBII years. Man, I was so happy when we beat anybody, even Tampa Bay. That's why I always liked the New Orleans Saints because they had the decency to lose to us.

Minnesota woud win the division every year, but of course, we all knew what would happen afterwards. I don't know if it was more heartbreaking to be a Packers fan or a Vikings fan those days.

I would have loved to have met Nietchke. Dad used to always say he was second best after Butkis. Dad's a huge Bears fan (we're from Chicago) and 1963 was his favorite year. He likes to believe the Packers were at their best in '63 and his Bears triumphed, but conveniently forgets Horning didn't play that year and our D was much better the year before.

I was so stoked when we got John Jefferson. Loved seeing him on the Chargers, then all of a sudden, he's wearing a Packers jersey. He took some of the double coverages off of James Lofton, who at the time was my favorite player ever. Fun years. Ended too soon.

Great read. Hope your health picks up.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Nitschke was as nice off the field, as he was mean ON the field. He would go out of his way for his fans.
VERY few players are like that today! Which is a shame!
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago
That was actually pretty good, indeed.

Reminded me a little of Johnny Cash, but don't take to much regard to my opinion, I suck at music or recognizing voices/instrumentes or w/e. Imo, it did sound pretty good though.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (23h) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
55m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.