dfosterf
15 years ago
I pretty much knew we had a real winner after the first game. Remember the very first series? Thanks for absolutely nothing, Mr. offensive line. There is no indication that this kid is anything but an incredibly lucky acquisition. He has the arm (I'm not sure he did coming out of college, but he certainly has it now) He has the accuracy (he runs into some troubles on the move, but see offensive line comments) He throws very FEW BONED-HEADED PASSES-- only we Packer fans would have put up with THAT shit, btw.

Some might argue "he hasn't won any games for us"... I think that's a bullshit argument, but that's just me. On another thread I stated (and meant) that Aaron Rodgers is a better keystone for the future than Brett. I was not looking to get a "rise" out of anyone... I have taken the pluses and the minuses of both of them, and it is THE absolutely most logical comparison to make to all my fellow Packer fans... Aaron Rodgers is exponentially a better quarterback at this stage of the game than Brett was and is. I will even go you one better. If Ted Thompson tried to acquire a QB like Wolf got Brett, many would be calling for his crucifiction...and yes, I am mis-spelling the word on purpose...think about it.
longtimefan
15 years ago
If he does good again this year you still wont give admit to him being good...We heard last year wait till teams get tape on him, he wont be as good....You realize the 2nd half of the year he put up better numbesr?

Sure did help to have tape on him..

Face it DH, you hate him so much, you want to find fault with any thing he does wrong. He put up stellar numbers yet you say he never won ( and I AGREE)...

I can just see your argument this year...if he wins a lot but #'s are down, your going to say yeah but he didnt get 3000 yards..

You actually remind me of the Favre droolers over on Bretts message board..No matter what---Rodgers was always wrong, and Brett was always right

You know Cal2GreenBay??? was so biased for Rodgers here that most people just got sick and tired of his posts...

Your his twin but for the other side of the fence...

You have such a great passion for the sport, but your allowing your hatred for one player to cloud EVERYTHING else..
IronMan
15 years ago
I don't know if Rodgers is a franchise qb. I do know that he won me over last year with his cool demeanor and TOUGHNESS. I think his shoulder was injured a lot worse than people realize.

You can here him wince in pain in this  video when he throws the ball.

But he played on; and played well.

If there is one thing I require in my quarterback, its toughness; both mentally and physically. Aaron has both.
PackOne
15 years ago
I think this is a non-argument. We have the man for the job.
UserPostedImage
dingus
15 years ago
Hazer-

your example of Walker as a franchise WR is interesting.

Your boy Teddy sure screwed that one up, huh?

Imagine giving an unproven injury prone player that much money!
blank
porky88
15 years ago

The added pressure?

Rodgers knows he's this teams' franchise quarterback. I think he's more than aware of any pressure surrounding him.

You don't need to be a Hall of Fame QB to be a franchise QB. The fact that the Packers currently consider Rodgers a franchise quarterback is enough to consider him a franchise quarterback. He is the long term solution at QB RIGHT NOW.

Whether or not that turns out to be true is irrelevant. It's like saying well Greg Jennings had only one 1,000 yard season so maybe he'll flop. Maybe, but unlikely.

The way I see it, injuries are the only thing that will hold a guy like Rodgers or Jennings back. Even if Rodgers has a solid career like Phil Simms had, he's a franchise QB in my opinion.

"dhazer" wrote:

Ok for the part i bolded i'll give you an example of a so called franchise wr then he sucked. Look no farther than Walker he played great wanted big bucks and then when he got it he flopped big time. You guys i guess just can't see my point that i will not consider anyone a franchise player after playing for one year. Yes he had a great year but lets see what happens this year. I have seen to many one year wonders in the nfl to jump on a player right away. I mean the same people that are saying he is a franchise qb are also the same ones that also say certain qbs like Flacco and Ryan are just average qbs because of their numbers. Just makes me wonder if it we had Cassell and the Pats had Rodgers and they put up their numbers would you be saying Rodgers put up his numbers because of the players around him and Cassell did it with no o-line?

"porky88" wrote:

Walker and Jennings are two different players and human beings for that matter. I think they're apples and oranges and you could contribute Walker's downfall to injury as well.

I wasn't for giving Walker a bigger contract. I am for Jennings and that's because I don't think Brett Favre made Greg Jennings better than what he really is and I think Greg Jennings is a humbled player and they tend to last along time.

I think Matt Ryan is a franchise QB. I'd take Matt Ryan over Aaron Rodgers actually. I think Matt Ryan is special and I think he possess similar traits that I've seen only in Brett Favre and Peyton Manning.

I honestly don't need numbers or other things to tell me who is what and who isn't. I just judge the player by watching them play.
pack_in_black
15 years ago

I don't know if Rodgers is a franchise qb. I do know that he won me over last year with his cool demeanor and TOUGHNESS. I think his shoulder was injured a lot worse than people realize.

You can here him wince in pain in this  video when he throws the ball.

But he played on; and played well.

If there is one thing I require in my quarterback, its toughness; both mentally and physically. Aaron has both.

"IronMan" wrote:

"Holy Tornado"
"That's how we do it in Chico!"
"I am Golthar the Terrible! What have I to fear from Rome?"

Hiliarious.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to Pack93z for the sig!
dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
You guys just don't get my point. I brought up Walker as a player with 1 great year and wanted big bucks and when he got it he has done squat. As far as the qbs i say i will not call them stars after one year. That is not that hard to understand.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

You guys just don't get my point. I brought up Walker as a player with 1 great year and wanted big bucks and when he got it he has done squat. As far as the qbs i say i will not call them stars after one year. That is not that hard to understand.

"dhazer" wrote:

Rodgers played like a star in his first season, no question. Can he continue on that level? We'll see and if he does then he'll be solidified as a star.

I think I get your point about Walker, but I think it's a bit far fetched. Walker showed his talent right away and gradually blossomed. Rodgers didn't have that luxury. He had a few years of bench warming to a legend and then was thrown into the fire. He did well, his first year. We'll have to see how he does after that.

By luxury I mean in your perception of 'star' that is. I think being on the bench for Rodgers behind Brett was the best thing to happen to him and his career and the Packers. Brett going back and forth with retirement forced Rodgers to prepare each season like he was the man. Sure it was stressful at times I bet, but it did wonders to prepare him. I think anyhow.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago
DH, your franchise player= someone that can perform at a high level consistently?