Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
Footnote.. Bypassing Cheesey at this time.. until he fully recovers.. so I volunteered myself to get the ball rolling again..

PackersHome name: Pack93z
Real name (first only): Shawn
Current City:Rib Lake
Hometown:Same

1) How did you choose your screen name?

Pack - Simply the Packers.

93 - When I started to hit internet forums, Big Gil was my player.. might not have lit up a stat sheet, but the dude was the fabric of many a defense.

Z - Back in the day, I signed up for a internet mail account with Yahoo.. somebody had my chosen screen name, so I added a Z to the end.. and walla.. it has stuck since.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I am the oldest of four children, two brothers and one spoiled sister. We grew up on a farm in Central Wisconsin, so being the oldest I was tasked with a majority of the chores. Tough financial life growing up on a farm in the 80's, but it drove a core set of values into you. Something that doesn't seem to fade, and you never forget where you come from.

Small town, in grades one through 4, I had six classmates.. from that point on, combined we had a class of around 35 yearly. Small town USA.. where I feel comfortable.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

Name a sport and I played it, but none drew my attention like football. Worked summers in the fields to build up enough money and time off to attend camps around the area, I was always bigger than other so I excelled on the football field until I hit these camps.. then I was forced to learn the true game of football. Became a student of the game..

I was in:

FFA
Honor Society
I tutored students through high school.. mostly 5th and 6th graders.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Teens.. probably being named all conference my Sophomore year even though I missed a handful of games after the accident. Still finished with the most sacks in the conference.

5) What was your first job?

I lived on a farm, does that count. For others... it was working on other peoples farm, field work to milking.. whatever I could do to earn a couple bucks.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

Born and raised in Wisconsin.. looked forward to the games weekly. Truth be told, I was a diehard Cowboy fan as well in those days, Tom Laundry was a hell of a coach. The 70's Packers teams were brutal to watch at times.. as a kid, it was even tougher.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

There are so many, from the Monday night game against Washington, the Martin hit, the instant replay game, Watching Lynn Dickey pull himself up time after time.

But just a single moment.. Favre's goal line dive against the Falcons, but the Packers back on the map in playoff talks.. it was a weight that was lifted.

8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?

I visited as a secondary stop for some time, but became ultra active during the great migration.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

Anything Badgers (okay not hockey), Baseball, College Basketball, Golf, Nascar.

10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Working, Playing, spending time with my kids, outside hunting or fishing.. four wheeling..

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

Donning a helmet and making one goal line stand for the Packers.. like hitting Walter Payton mid air or drilling the Fridge in the earhole.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

Can't really say... well over 40 though..

13) What is your worst fear?

Not being able to walk.. that and something happening to my kids.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Hunting, Fishing, Golf, Computers, Drawing. Countless occasional others.

15) Whats your favorite food?

Probably Fettuccine Alfredo with grilled chicken, either that a or grilled thick juicy steak off my Grille.

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Been to many wonderful places in this country.. but my favorite would have to be a little village on Maui.. Hana.. I would peacefully like to retire someplace upon that island.. maybe even in such a spot.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Scuba Dive with a couple of sharks.. no lie.. I would first want to hit the cage with a couple great whites.. then open dive with a less aggressive species..

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Where I am or a remote village in one of the islands of Hawaii.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

1. Gilbert Brown.. just liked how that cat played the game.
2. Ed West - Blue collar working class TE.. wasn't fast, wasn't dominate, but showed up weekly to play the game.
3. Mark Murphy.. Another working class player.. not afraid to stick his nose into any fray.
4. Mike "Mad Dog" Douglass... Played the game on the edge, fiery type player than at times was unapproachable by friend and opponent alike.
5. Wayne Simmons - Dude had a nasty streak to him.. of all the players during the SB runs, I think he was overlooked the most.

Others..

Favre
Tim Lewis
Bryce Paup
Alphonso Carreker
Mike Butler
John Anderson
Frankie "Bag of Doughnuts" Winters
Sean Jones
Paul Coffman
James Jefferson and James Lofton

On and on and on..

20) Up to now, what is your favorite PackersHome memory or feature?

It has to be about the people..

all sorts of things to RP cracking a joke
WPR sharing stories about his son,
Montana Bob ringing in with some humor..
Cheesey being Cheesey..
Tripp and his runaway mouse..
Vikesrule and his jesting nature
Winding Packnic up
Warhawk and his perspective
Some of those abroad sharing opinions from far away
4PackGirl and her endless flirting
And countless others..

It is all about the relationships formed and the conversations shared.. isn't that enough?

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.

Dfoster.. Lets hear from that crazy jarhead eh. :lol:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
15 years ago
Amazing interview, yet again.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Teens.. probably being named all conference my Sophomore year even though I missed a handful of games after the accident. Still finished with the most sacks in the conference.

That's pretty great. I guess this was in High School? Did you play for any college aswell or something?

The rest of the interview is amazing aswell, I like that you kept it going.
Cheesey
15 years ago
Shawn........did you REALLY have to use the word...........BYPASS!?!?!?LOLOLOLOL!!!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Nice interview. πŸ™‚
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
15 years ago

Shawn........did you REALLY have to use the word...........BYPASS!?!?!?LOLOLOLOL!!!!! :thumbleft:

"Cheesey" wrote:

Your still sharp as a tack.. hoped you would find the humor in it when you read it. Cheesey attempt.. πŸ˜‰
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
vikesrule
15 years ago
As usual Shawn, an excellent post.

It is always a pleasure to learn more about you cheeseheads, and what makes you "tick". :icon_smile:

Sound like your core values were ingrained early, and you've done very well.

As much "crap" as I enjoy giving you, I also read your post/comments about the science of football with great interest.
I myself am not all that well versed in the intricacies of the game, and have learned a great deal from you. :thumbleft:

I would indeed consider it a pleasure to meet you someday.

You are heck of a good person Shawn (and I won't say "even for a cheesehead").
4PackGirl
15 years ago
great read, 93. several buttons pushed. πŸ˜‰
Cheesey
15 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

Your still sharp as a tack.. hoped you would find the humor in it when you read it. Cheesey attempt.. ;)

"Cheesey" wrote:

LOLOLOL!!!!
I am PROUD of you my friend! :thumbleft:
I did immediatly laugh, "Cheesey mode" kicked in right away, and my response! Thanks for checking to make sure "Cheesey" was still here!!!LOLOLOL!!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
15 years ago

I would indeed consider it a pleasure to meet you someday.

"vikesrule" wrote:

That my friend is a must...
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Good read. Your favorite player list is interesting. It's all the players who work hard and don't get overlooked because they weren't superstars. Some of those names I haven't heard in years.

I loved Lynn Dickey. James Lofton at the time was my favorite player of all time, but only Dickey could consistently hit Lofton deep. I just wish we had an OL. It was hands down the worst OL in the league, and by far. I know Starr knew what he had and wanted to hit Lofton deep at least once a game, but half the time, Dickey was already on his back before he could launch one.

Painful years growing up, so I could see why you also liked the Cows. Hats off to Landry, Staubuch. I liked them both even though I hated the Cows.

I started also liking the Chargers because Fouts was so fun to watch with Joyner and Jefferson. Then Jefferson somehow ended up on the Packers and took some of the triple coverages off of Lofton and things got really fun for a few years. Wish it was more than a few years.

I'll pass on scuba diving with sharks. I'm glad we're land creatures and I'd like to keep it that way.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
Fan Shout
dfosterf (18h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (19h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (22h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (22h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? πŸ₯Ί I think that means you missed more than half of them 😒
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead πŸ€ͺ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18m / Around The NFL / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.