Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Oh crap i did put coach ill have to fix that. I take it you didn't like my opinion that last years circus will hurt us with possible free agents?

"dhazer" wrote:

Maybe it could actually help.
Other players will see Ted Thompson as not playing favorites, and treating all players the same.
The "circus" wasn't all just Ted Thompson's fault. I think the players see that, even if some fans don't.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I'm not saying it was all Ted Thompson's fault but if you were a player wouldn't you want to come to a place where you have a little faith you will get some backing from the front office. I mean even Al thinks hes gone.

"dhazer" wrote:

Some backing? HE RETIRED! Stop this please, for the love of god STOP. It is so god damn annoying.

How the hell would players feel they have little backing? What about Kampman? Driver? Harris? All who got nice contracts, hell even Rodgers did an not many can say he deserved it but he was backed BIG TIME because the Packers HAD HIS BACK and trusted his talent.

Al thinks he's going to be traded because of the direction the team has been going. Most players near the end feel the same damn thing. How long have you been watching and paying attention to players in the NFL? Not many players are going to be upset about this Favre/Packers thing because most understand that once you RETIRE the team needs to move FORWARD. That's LIFE. What is so hard to understand about that? Wait, omg it was Brett THE Favre the world should stop for him every time he changes his fucking mind!!

Yeah I'm sure Charles Woodson think the Packers don't back shit either right? I mean injured and all and still gave him a truck load of money.

You have NO fundamental argument to stand on so why continue this charade of absurdities? Is it to just get under my skin?

I just ...I can't understand how anyone can think the Packers don't back their players off the fact that they didn't stop the damn world for OMG BRETT FAVRE because he changed his damn mind about playing. Did you watch the retirement speech? He said he HAD NOTHING LEFT TO GIVE, that he CAN'T LIVE UP TO BEING BRETT FAVRE anymore among many other convincing statements. He left the Packers with NO CHOICE but to move forward.

Hell, Ted, Aaron and Mike and many others all thought Brett was coming back, that's why they pushed Brett to give them an answer. (which was a mistake in my opinion) They felt that he was coming back for hopefully going out like Elway.

All parties screwed up and all parties will take their hits, but I sure as hell would love to hear how you feel that players think the Packers don't back their own players. I know I'm going to get some douche filled response but wtf its the off season, tickle my pickle.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

Oh crap i did put coach ill have to fix that. I take it you didn't like my opinion that last years circus will hurt us with possible free agents?

"dhazer" wrote:

Other players will see Ted Thompson as not playing favorites, and treating all players the same.
The "circus" wasn't all just Ted Thompson's fault. I think the players see that, even if some fans don't.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I'm not saying it was all Ted Thompson's fault but if you were a player wouldn't you want to come to a place where you have a little faith you will get some backing from the front office. I mean even Al thinks hes gone.

"dhazer" wrote:

Sorry, but how many years did we wait on Favre to make up his mind? And Favre RETIRED! We were headed in a new and better direction, why change that after we've already started planning on the upcoming season with Aaron Rodgers?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I agree we were heading in a new direction, but to say better I think might be jumping the gun a tad.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

"Cheesey" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

It's been covered quite well in the last few posts.
But i will add onto it.
EVERY player's career must end sometime. If the Packers see Harris as a liability more then a plus, then the correct business thing to do is get rid of them. Yes, it sucks, but the NFL is a business. If the team is not run that way, you end up paying out tons of money to players that are no longer "elite" players. The tricky part of course is knowing just when the time to make a move is right. You don't want to make it too soon, or even worse, too late.
Lets face it.......it's not just the team that will make a move when they think it's in their best interests. Otherwise, why would we even be talking about players like Peppers? He wants to do what he thinks will turn out best for HIM.
I want the Packers to win. And i am CERTAIN Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy want that too. Their very jobs and income are at stake. They have more to lose then we as fans do.
It bothers me when people talk like the Packers front office is somehow trying to destroy the team. Like they are "double agents" working for the Vikings and Bears or something.
I hated it when Ahman Green was let go. He was one of my favorite players. But even i knew he was close to the end of the road.
Same thing with Favre. He said himself he had nothing left. So the smart thing to do was to get the team ready with who DID have something left.
I hated to see him go.......I cried when i watched his retirement speach on TV.
But the front office has to do what it sees as best for the Packer organization.
Even if it pisses off some fans.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

I agree we were heading in a new direction, but to say better I think might be jumping the gun a tad.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Well, where we are now, no one can really say either way.
ONLY time will tell if we are headed in the right direction or not.
The new D has me excited for the next season.
If we didn't have someone like Aaron Rodgers at QB, i would be much more pessimistic about the future. But he showed he's a capable QB. If we get a D that can actually stop somebody, we should be in good shape for next year and beyond.
JMO
UserPostedImage
DGB454
15 years ago
Well I have to agree with your opinion Cheesey. Seems to me the weakest link on the team last season was the D followed by the O line.
If we can fix the D that would be a huge step in righting the ship. (or should I say bus?)
Cheesey
15 years ago

Well I have to agree with your opinion Cheesey. Seems to me the weakest link on the team last season was the D followed by the O line.
If we can fix the D that would be a huge step in righting the ship. (or should I say bus?)

"DGB454" wrote:

Bus......the "ship" (or BOAT) is for the Vikings! :thumbleft:

The D line let the team down more times then i can count last year. No pressure on a QB is the quickest way to lose a game. We made average or worse QB's look like world beaters.
And if we can get back to a strong O-line, imagine what Aaron Rodgers could do? Or our running game for that matter.
I HOPE they scrap that "zone blocking" crap......it hasn't worked YET.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (19h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.