nerdmann
8 years ago

He doesn't HAVE to run for his life on virtually every play he chooses to. If the ball is still in his hand after about 3 seconds then it's on him, no one should expect the line to consistently block longer than that. He's been running and dancing out of clean pockets game after game during this slump. It's a huge problem. It's been such a problem that a lot of teams aren't even going after him they are rushing just to keep him in the pocket because he's been panicking and running himself into pressure or throwing bad passes so often.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

That's just about when this "slump" started on offense too. I think it was the Chiefs who started with that, only pass rushing as deep as Aaron drops, cutting off his roll-out lanes.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
8 years ago

Is his first read getting open?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Even if that's an issue on plays it's not on the offensive line. My point really is you can't just straight up compare to a team like NE because they have a completely different style. Rodgers has to be the hardest QB in the NFL to block for because of his style or if that's built in then it's the scheme. Saying "well Tom Brady never gets touched" when he never has the ball longer than two and a half seconds is ignorant.
Porforis
8 years ago

Even if that's an issue on plays it's not on the offensive line. My point really is you can't just straight up compare to a team like NE because they have a completely different style. Rodgers has to be the hardest QB in the NFL to block for because of his style or if that's built in then it's the scheme. Saying "well Tom Brady never gets touched" when he never has the ball longer than two and a half seconds is ignorant.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

But his point was that if nobody is open after 2.5 seconds you're either throwing one up for grabs or scrambling until you're out of the pocket and tossing it away. If NE's WRs are getting open after 2, 3 seconds and the Packers receivers are getting open after 5-infinity seconds, then that will skew the results. You can't look at his time in the pocket and blame it all on one factor. He's got too much happy feet and is missing people semi-often, but the O line regressed, and he's getting very little help from his receivers who have largely been shut down by man coverage.

Why can't we all just agree that the problems with this offense are roughly equal parts Rodgers, WRs not getting open, OL iffy-ness, and coaching staff?
beast
8 years ago

You guys that think it is not primarily the O Line, do you even watch other teams' games?

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Yes, I do... and blindly only faulting the Packers OL is clearly wrong. The OL has struggled at times like against the Broncos and Panthers, but the struggles in recent games hasn't really been the fault of the OL as much as different positions on the field.

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

But his point was that if nobody is open after 2.5 seconds you're either throwing one up for grabs or scrambling until you're out of the pocket and tossing it away. If NE's WRs are getting open after 2, 3 seconds and the Packers receivers are getting open after 5-infinity seconds, then that will skew the results. You can't look at his time in the pocket and blame it all on one factor. He's got too much happy feet and is missing people semi-often, but the O line regressed, and he's getting very little help from his receivers who have largely been shut down by man coverage.

Why can't we all just agree that the problems with this offense are roughly equal parts Rodgers, WRs not getting open, OL iffy-ness, and coaching staff?

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Cause assigning blame is priority number 1 with some of our posters. Whole offense is a nightmare this season, which is something we aren't use to.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I would also add WRs that have hands like rocks, dropping balls right in their hands.
Especially Adams and Cobb.
UserPostedImage
luigis
8 years ago
Can we stop the "getting open" thing please? It's not about getting open is about throwing the best pass you can find. In 2-3 seconds a WR can be 30 yards downfield, let's say he is NOT open, there's a defender just next to him, what can happen if you throw the pass anyway?

a) The WR gets the ball big completion
b) The DB gets the ball: INT
c) The pass is deflected, dropped or off-target (incompletion)
d) DPI (big completion)

The big problem is that Rodgers won't throw it, he just won't do it because he has a problem with interceptions. So it's not about getting open or about the protection is about not being able to make the best play you can make because you are worried about ints, fumbles and injuries, you are going insane jumping all around the pocket looking for a guy to be completely open to throw.

We don't need the WRs to improve, we don't need the OL to improve, we don't need to bench Rodgers we need a good shrink for Aaron. It's all in his head now, you can clearly see it at the last 4 games.

Luis
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

Can we stop the "getting open" thing please? It's not about getting open is about throwing the best pass you can find. In 2-3 seconds a WR can be 30 yards downfield, let's say he is NOT open, there's a defender just next to him, what can happen if you throw the pass anyway?

a) The WR gets the ball big completion
b) The DB gets the ball: INT
c) The pass is deflected, dropped or off-target (incompletion)
d) DPI (big completion)

The big problem is that Rodgers won't throw it, he just won't do it because he has a problem with interceptions. So it's not about getting open or about the protection is about not being able to make the best play you can make because you are worried about ints, fumbles and injuries, you are going insane jumping all around the pocket looking for a guy to be completely open to throw.

We don't need the WRs to improve, we don't need the OL to improve, we don't need to bench Rodgers we need a good shrink for Aaron. It's all in his head now, you can clearly see it at the last 4 games.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

You're just plain wrong when you say "throw the best pass you can find". What do you want? Damn Cutler or Stafford? The primary reason why Aaron Rodgers throws so few interceptions - even now when he allegedly has diminishing accuracy is because he does NOT do that. Similarly this idiocy about him holding onto the ball too long has a lot to do with NOT just putting it up for grabs. Granted, most QBs, pro and college, do exactly what you say - and what happens? A whole lot more interceptions than what Aaron Rodgers throws. Is that really what you want? Be careful what you wish for.

It still all comes back to the O Line - and the receivers too. As somebody said, the first read very seldom is open, and Rodgers virtually always has to scramble - often even before the 2.5 or whatever seconds. Some damn fool said oh, he doesn't have to; Well yeah, I suppose he could just stand there and take a sack or worse yet, throw it now matter what - and get Cutler numbers of interceptions (this year even Cutler has wised up about that hahahaha).

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
luigis
8 years ago

You're just plain wrong when you say "throw the best pass you can find". What do you want? Damn Cutler or Stafford? The primary reason why Aaron Rodgers throws so few interceptions - even now when he allegedly has diminishing accuracy is because he does NOT do that. Similarly this idiocy about him holding onto the ball too long has a lot to do with NOT just putting it up for grabs. Granted, most QBs, pro and college, do exactly what you say - and what happens? A whole lot more interceptions than what Aaron Rodgers throws. Is that really what you want? Be careful what you wish for.

It still all comes back to the O Line - and the receivers too. As somebody said, the first read very seldom is open, and Rodgers virtually always has to scramble - often even before the 2.5 or whatever seconds. Some damn fool said oh, he doesn't have to; Well yeah, I suppose he could just stand there and take a sack or worse yet, throw it now matter what - and get Cutler numbers of interceptions (this year even Cutler has wised up about that hahahaha).

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

You are missing a key point: Rodgers is not Cutler/Stafford he is much better so when Rodgers risks a pass is not the same as when Cutler risks a pass. Brady is throwing a lot of passes to WRs that are not completely open and he is not playing as if he were Cutler. The better you are the more chances you have to make something good happen even if nobody is open.

Is not about putting it up for grabs is about not even trying to complete a risky pass because you are afraid of being picked.
Luis
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

You are missing a key point: Rodgers is not Cutler/Stafford

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Ya got that right!!

Completion Percent
11th Stafford
18th Cutler
23rd Rodgers

Yards
13th Stafford
18th Cutler
21st Rodgers

😂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
34m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.