Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Aaron Rodgers is a problem, not the problem.

Playing Scared
Rodgers acknowledge he was scared on one play, of one quarter in one game. That is it. He did not say he was playing scared "multiple times". Rodgers later said "Turns out ‘J.J.’ ran ‘Peanut’ into 25 [he meant Coleman] and Randall’s wide open for the touchdown. So it’s disappointing." which explains what had him scared on the play. He made a mistake, that's it.

Accuracy and Efficiency
Rodgers has been off on his 10+ yard passes nearly the entire season. You look at the games with high completion percentages and a large majority of completions didn't travel even 10 yards in the air. He's not leading his receiver to the ball for yards after catch and is rather trying to hit them on the spot. I'm going to give him an excuse here when I say he's probably not leading them because he can't trust them to run the right damn route!!

QBa: 22/43 202 1td 1int 62.4 rating
QBb: 19/31 200 1td 0int 90.8 rating

QBa: 16/34 212 2td 0int 86.9 rating
QBb: 25/37 296 1td 0int 100.7 rating

QBa: 35/61 333 2td 0int 83.6 rating
QBb: 24/38 242 2td 1int 87.8 rating

QBa is Aaron Rodgers, but the QBb's were Jay Cutler, Teddy Bridgewater and Matthew Stafford. These quarterbacks have no business outperforming Aaron Charles Rodgers.

Pocket Presence
Rodgers is not showing his normal Cali Cool in the pocket. He looks like a hamster on crack with those happy feet and he's not setting his plant foot when he has room. Rodgers has often times thrown with horrible form and it wasn't an issue.

Bench Rodgers
There have been a few, a very select few who are yearning for Scott Tolzien or even Brett Hundley. Stop. Just stop it. Rodgers has had 15 dropped passes that if even half were caught, the Packers would be 9 - 2 instead of 7 - 4. The only quarterback I would take over Rodgers for just this season would be Tom Brady.

The Packers need to stick with the run more and sit some of their wounded receivers and hopefully make a deep playoff run. If they continue how they are now, it'll be one and done and heads will be demanded to be rolling.
UserPostedImage
gotarace
8 years ago
I think Aaron's pocket recognition and inability to throw a ball away have cost this team dearly. He is taking hits and sacks constantly because he holds the ball 6 plus seconds. He has been a drive killer right along with the receivers inability to catch routine passes on basic routes. The Packers really appear to want Aaron in the pocket instead of rolling him out helping receivers get separation. A few more scrambles and roll outs by Aaron really could help our receivers gain a bit of space. I always thought Aaron was a better passer out of the pocket instead of dancing around in it.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
I wouldn't object to putting Sam Shields out on offense for 5 - 10 snaps a game. You damn well know opposing defenses would crap their pants seeing Shields and Jeff Janis lining up. No secondary in the NFL could keep up with them both.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

I think Aaron's pocket recognition and inability to throw a ball away have cost this team dearly. He is taking hits and sacks constantly because he holds the ball 6 plus seconds. He has been a drive killer right along with the receivers inability to catch routine passes on basic routes. The Packers really appear to want Aaron in the pocket instead of rolling him out helping receivers get separation. A few more scrambles and roll outs by Aaron really could help our receivers gain a bit of space. I always thought Aaron was a better passer out of the pocket instead of dancing around in it.

Originally Posted by: gotarace 

In holding the ball that long, the WRs are done running their routes, so it's essentially sandlot ball. At that point, there's no such thing as "the wrong route."

Aaron also refuses to take snaps from under center or allow the offense to run the ball more than 12 times per game. Which of course makes play action impossible.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower
8 years ago

Aaron also refuses to take snaps from under center or allow the offense to run the ball more than 12 times per game. Which of course makes play action impossible.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Wait, so this is all Aaron Rodgers? The coaches have no control over this? That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing that insider information. Mike McCarthy and staff obviously have no control, according to you. They all need to go immediately and a coaching staff needs to be brought in that will actually coach and lead the team.
nerdmann
8 years ago

Wait, so this is all Aaron Rodgers? The coaches have no control over this? That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing that insider information. Mike McCarthy and staff obviously have no control, according to you. They all need to go immediately and a coaching staff needs to be brought in that will actually coach and lead the team.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

He's been given the keys to the offense. It's not working out.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower
8 years ago

He's been given the keys to the offense. It's not working out.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If the coaches aren't getting Rodgers to do what they think he needs to do, then a new coaching staff needs to be brought in next season no matter what to do so. I don't think that's what's happening, though, although I wouldn't mind a fresh start both in coaching and ultimately philosophy wise.
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago
Maybe ESPN tweeted back to Olivia after the Thursday shit-show.
luigis
8 years ago

I wouldn't object to putting Sam Shields out on offense for 5 - 10 snaps a game. You damn well know opposing defenses would crap their pants seeing Shields and Jeff Janis lining up. No secondary in the NFL could keep up with them both.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I would love this but again you have to realize our offense can't work with improvised players.
Rodgers doesn't throw the ball to the WR, Rodgers throws the ball where the WR is supposed to be based on his route and his adjustment based on defensive coverage.
This worked perfectly with Jordy but is clearly too difficult for Adams and maybe impossible for Janis, that's why you don't see him on the field, it also explains the INT against Chicago and the many off target passes we've seen so far.

We need Mike McCarthy to change this we have to adapt to the talent we have and not pretend any player can do anything.

Luis
yooperfan
8 years ago

We need Mike McCarthy to change this we have to adapt to the talent we have and not pretend any player can do anything.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

If you are looking for change and adaptation don't look at Mike McCarthy.
He is beyond stubborn.