macbob
  • macbob
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/27/aaron-rodgers-has-a-davante-adams-problem/ 

To say Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers hasn’t looked like his old self recently would be accurate, but with one major caveat: The decline in Rodgers’s production has come mostly on passes to wide receiver Davante Adams.

Over the last three weeks, when Rodgers throws to Adams, he’s 15-for-35 for 129 yards with no touchdowns and one interception. That’s a completion percentage of 42.9 percent, an average of 3.7 yards per pass, and a passer rating of 41.2.

Over the last three weeks, when Rodgers throws to anyone other than Adams, he’s 58-for-103 for 618 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions. That’s a completion percentage of 56.3 percent, an average of 6.0 yards per pass, and a passer rating of 90.2.

profootballtalk wrote:

No analysis of why there's a problem, just that Rodgers/Adams aren't connecting well.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/27/aaron-rodgers-has-a-davante-adams-problem/

No analysis of why there's a problem, just that Rodgers/Adams aren't connecting well.

Originally Posted by: macbob 

BULLSHIT.

How's Cobb looked the past two months? But Aaron's not gonna put the blame on him, because he has veteran standing.

This is on Aaron. These WR didn't all start to suddenly play like shit in week 8. Aaron did.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
And BS on that, Rodgers has been inconsistent but geez louis, let's not get carried away and blame him for the receivers struggles too because that is definitely bullshit.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

And BS on that, Rodgers has been inconsistent but geez louis, let's not get carried away and blame him for the receivers struggles too because that is definitely bullshit.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

The only gripes I have against Aaron Rodgers is the same ones I've had for the last two quarters of the season. Too many times he's had the room to run for a few yards and didn't and also he's using very bad throwing form. I'm not naive, I know he can't ALWAYS run and ALWAYS throw with perfect form. I'm talking about the several times he is throwing his left leg off the side and winging it when he has no one coming after him.

Aaron Rodgers is not the biggest problem, unless he is changing run plays to pass plays on a regular basis. The Packers were getting something like 5+ per rush from Eddie Lacy and James Starks and the next drive was pass, pass, pass and punt.

I find that tremendously infuriating because when you're getting five yards a clip, you keep pounding that bitch. It runs out the clock, it gives your defense rest and more importantly it gives you excellent opportunities to add points.

What reason was there that the Packers stopped running the ball? Maybe that question doesn't fit in this thread? I don't know, but I just don't think Aaron is responsible for more than a fraction of the issues with the team.

UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
I hear ya but Aaron is really beat up this year and I don't, personally, want him taking a lot of risks as a runner. I know he risks injury every time he drops back, but you know what I mean. He may have run even more if not for the Tretter incident.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I hear ya but Aaron is really beat up this year and I don't, personally, want him taking a lot of risks as a runner. I know he risks injury every time he drops back, but you know what I mean. He may have run even more if not for the Tretter incident.

(speculation) Aaron Rodgers feels his injury is why the Packers didn't advance to the Super Bowl and that is why he's taking far less risks running the ball himself for yards.
UserPostedImage
luigis
8 years ago

The only gripes I have against Aaron Rodgers is the same ones I've had for the last two quarters of the season. Too many times he's had the room to run for a few yards and didn't and also he's using very bad throwing form. I'm not naive, I know he can't ALWAYS run and ALWAYS throw with perfect form. I'm talking about the several times he is throwing his left leg off the side and winging it when he has no one coming after him.

Aaron Rodgers is not the biggest problem, unless he is changing run plays to pass plays on a regular basis. The Packers were getting something like 5+ per rush from Eddie Lacy and James Starks and the next drive was pass, pass, pass and punt.

I find that tremendously infuriating because when you're getting five yards a clip, you keep pounding that bitch. It runs out the clock, it gives your defense rest and more importantly it gives you excellent opportunities to add points.

What reason was there that the Packers stopped running the ball? Maybe that question doesn't fit in this thread? I don't know, but I just don't think Aaron is responsible for more than a fraction of the issues with the team.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I can't find an explanation Zero, even the Bears fans are perplex, Chicago can't stop the run and we just stopped running in what was a close game. This is not on Rodgers or the receivers this is 100% coaching.
Luis
nerdmann
8 years ago

The WRs are not playing any differently than when we were 6-0. Or are you saying that SUDDENLY, they all started playing like shit at the same time?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Again, it's the little things. And we didn't have the timeouts necessary to run the ball at the end, so the pass was fine. It got us to the red zone and our guys didn't get it done.
nerdmann
8 years ago
Montgomery was explosive. Losing him hurt.

But these WR are no different than when we were 6-0. Rodgers is different, that is all.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (7h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (22h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (22h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (23h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (23h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
46m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.