Zero2Cool
8 years ago
That dude who has a steakhouse in town is having his number retired Thursday which puts him in the category of Tony Canadeo, Paul Hornung, Don Hutson, Bart Starr and Reggie White.

What are your five favorite memories of Brett Favre?

1. Jumping over the squirrel in 94
  2.  etz4o8.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

3. This play here. 
  4. Favre, whose head bounced off the grass, sat out two plays before returning to throw a 28-yard touchdown pass to Javon Walker on fourth-and-5. After celebrating the touchdown with Walker, Favre was summoned to the sideline, where medical personnel said he displayed signs of a concussion.

5. Running down the field after hitting Andre Rison
  6. UserPostedImage

7. Falcons dive for the win
  8. UserPostedImage

9. Throwing snowballs at the 2007 season playoff game against Seahawks. I was there!
  10. UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
8 years ago
So many to remember.
I saw him after practice in 1992. He was just a "newbie" then, and still walked through the crowd after practice. There was a big line of people asking him for an autograph, and I wasn't even gonna try because usually they sign a few and then walk away. He just kept signing though, so I took the rookie football card I had of him and got in line. When I finally got up to him and handed him my card, he said to me "Man......is this line ever gonna end?" (In his southern accent) and I said to him, "I don't care 'cause I'm here right now!" That made him laugh!
And he signed unlike most pro atheletes do today.....you can clearly read his name. I have that on my wall along side the card that Bart Starr signed for me.

I was also at the Packer/Seattle "Snow Bowl" game. It was one of the bast times I had at Lambeau Field.

Another great memory was when Favre was talking retirement, and while I was at Fan Fest he went up on stage and said he was coming back for another year. The crowd went nuts!

Of course watching SB 31 and seeing him run off the field after his first TD pass, waving his helmet.

The Oakland game after his Dad died was special.

Seeing him at his softball game when he was still with the Packers was pretty cool too.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
8 years ago

I was also at the Packer/Seattle "Snow Bowl" game. It was one of the bast times I had at Lambeau Field.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I was at the 2007 Packers/Seahawks game in the snow.
I met Cheesey in real life.

sschind
8 years ago
Like you said, so many to choose from.

In no particular order

the Raiders game after his Father passed away

the SB win against the Patriots.

His first start against the Steelers (because I was there)

His last start at Lambeau as a viking because he lost, and again I was there

Pick em... There are too many. The 5 TDs against the Bears after his foot injury, The snowball game, The Falcons dive game? Like I said too many to choose from.

I know a lot of people still harbor ill will towards him and to be honest my attitude towards him when he was playing for us was "if he played for anyone else I would hate him" I always appreciated what he did for us but even more so in the years since he moved on. I do think Rodgers is a better QB than Favre was but there are a few areas where Aaron could take some notes. I'm not sure I'll ever see another player with the consistent youthful exuberance that Favre had. He played like he loved to play the game and it showed almost week in and week out. He wasn't afraid to take chances and although interceptions are not a good thing we wouldn't have had half the good times if he wasn't willing to make the throw. Announcers would say "only Brett Favre could make that throw" and I would say "no, only Brett Favre WOULD make that throw" He holds the record for most interceptions but I'd be willing to guess there are only a handful at most that people remember and really hold against him. The rest get rolled into our memories with all the other plays and what we recall, or at least what I recall is that when Brett Favre was on the field I always felt we had a chance.

Far be it from me to tell any fan how they should feel about any player. If you want to hate Favre go right ahead, that is your right. I'm not saying this in any way to insinuate that your feelings are wrong just that I know the enjoyment I, and others like me, get when we remember him can't be replaced and if I chose to dislike him so much those memories certainly would not be as rewarding.

I'd love to be present on Thursday night to be a part of what will be one of the IMO top 5, moments in Wisconsin sports history.
nerdmann
8 years ago

• Falcons dive for the win
  • UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This game against the Falcons was the last one in County Stadium as I recall. Favre ran it in and dove for the TD to put us in the playoffs.

I think it was the first time we made the playoffs in many years, but the Yancey Thigpen play might have done that, not sure.

My other memory is when Favre was blackmailed into throwing INTs in the playoffs.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    OlHoss1884
    8 years ago
    I think for me it was the playoff game in Detroit where he hit Sharpe on a tremendous WTF! play. At the end of this (admittedly low quality clip) check out the WTF look on the face of Wayne Fontes.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
    Pack93z
    8 years ago
    On Field:

Probably the thing that sticks out the most was Favre's enjoyment and passion for the game... more street ball than NFL stadium... I only seen him really quit once.

Probably the dive against the Falcons in MCS...

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
    Cheesey
    8 years ago

I was at the 2007 Packers/Seahawks game in the snow.
    I met Cheesey in real life.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Yep Yoop!!! It was GREAT meeting you too! I was so bundled up that I kept gettig pushed off my aisle seat into the stairway. Then, anytime the Packers made a great play and everyone stood up to cheer, I would "reclaim" my seat!!!

And sschind, Favre going to the Vikings hurt me. But I decided to let that go and remember the good times. But like you, I wouldn't say anyone should not have the right to feel however they want to feel.
    I lived through the HORRIBLE 1970's and 80's, and that makes me appreciate what Favre did even more. Staying a Packer fan through those awful years made getting back to winning even more sweet.
    So that's what I'll be celebrating.
    That, and the fact that Bart Starr will be making what will be his last time in Green Bay.
    I wouldn't doubt that I'll be wiping away tears tomorrow.
    UserPostedImage
    Smokey
    8 years ago
    I don't have a list of favorite Favre memories, but I do recall a few.

The TD pass to Andre Risen in the SB.

The Oakland game following the passing of his father.

The shovel passes that completely fooled everyone, including the broadcasters.

The IRON MAN who set the set the NFL record for consecutive starts.

The rocket powered velocity he could put into passes that fit into some of the tightest windows GB WR's had ever seen.

The love of competing and winning enthusiasm that inspired his fellow teammates.

[bf] The Hall of Fame in Canton awaits this GREEN BAY PACKER.

UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
    beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.