DakotaT
  • DakotaT
  • Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
ILB's

Hawk, Barnett, Bishop, Lansannah, Chiller

OLB

Poppinga, Kampmann, Jeremy Thompson, Jason Hunter

It seems to me that the 3-4 teams need to carry about 10 - 12 of these guys on the roster, so who stays, who goes, and who should be added. I expect big things out of Thompson and Hunter now that they aren't "light in the pants DE's.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
I say add Everette Brown, get a LB in the 2nd round (if Ron Brace isn't on the board) probably Clint Sintim or Larry English. I don't know there's probably better LBs that'll be there I just can't think of any ATM.
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
15 years ago
10 LBs would be fine. Add Everette Brown in the first round and there we go. That is, if we don't take Peppers. Also, I think we should cut either Chillar or Poppinga. Then take one in the draft.
This is a placeholder
Pack93z
15 years ago
The deeper I get into the linebackers, the more apparent the need along the defensive line becomes..

Montgomery got pushed around at times in the 4-3.. think that situation will improve within a 3-4.. nope.. good thing is contract is up.

Cole.. while he could play in a rotation along the line, IMO, he wouldn't be a standout at any of the 3 slots.. good thing is contract is up.

Jolly... who really knows where his legal troubles are going to end up.

Harrell.. hmmm one word. Health.

Malone and the others around the practice squad are questions at best.

So that leaves us with Pickett, Jenkins and possibly Kampman playing light along the dline.. no depth what so ever.

Wonder where the focus of a draft pick or two and maybe a free agent are going to be at?

That and along the oline.. we need to make some correct moves in those areas...

We could lineup tomorrow with enough backers to play the defense.. we need lineman. Period.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
I would still at LEAST like to have Everette Brown to help out and we will have a pretty good tweener.

Then we can use the rest of our draft on linemen. Ron Brace in the 2nd would be a great pick. Tyson Jackson would also be a great one for our DE spot.

By the way, don't forget we will be running a hybrid type of defense. We won't be in the 3-4 every single snap.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago
With the switch, I would not expect many if any players being gone, except for those out of contract.

There are far to many roster spots without even looking at cutting anyone else. Picket, Jolly, Jenkins, Harrell will all be bundled into a Dline rotation probably with some off season addition.

Kampman will probably be shifted between Dline and LBer as down and distance call for.

The rest of the LB corp will get some additional players added to get to that 10 or number.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
gergobacsi
15 years ago
I agree with go.pack.go. First we should get Brown, than Brace if available, then someone to the O-line and the DE spot.
If he's on the board when we select at 9, or a little later, and we don't take him, I'll be very very sad.
blank
Megatron
15 years ago
Not quite in line with the discussion but still within the linebackers context.

Were we ever in for Cameron Wake? I've heard that 17 NFL teams were interested in him and he spoke to about 8 and he chose Miami. Apparently they offered him a $1m guaranteed contract. He is considered to be a low risk but potentially very high reward pick. No wonder he got alot of interest.

I've read that whoever signed him would practically be getting an extra first-day draft pick this year. That is the kind of quality he was rated at. He put up 23 sacks in the CFL last season and got the defensive player of the year award.

He was originally with the Giants and they play a 4-3. His weight is 240 which to me is too light to play defensive end and that's probably the reason why they let him go. They also had Tuck, Umenyiora and Strahan and probably a few others that were ahead of him at the time. He was better suited to a 3-4. The BC Lions convered him to a linebacker and made a huge impact.

I would not be surprised if we were interested considering that we're moving to a 3-4. Wake is a perfect 3-4 OLB. It a shame we didnt get him!!
blank
Packers_Finland
15 years ago
Cameron Wake's got a mean bounce on him. I haven't seen him play, but people say he's great.
This is a placeholder
beast
15 years ago

ILB's

Hawk, Barnett, Bishop, Lansannah, Chiller

OLB

Poppinga, Kampmann, Jeremy Thompson, Jason Hunter

"DakotaT" wrote:

I'm thinking Poppinga should be brought to ILB in the 3-4. 3-4 ILB have to be very physical and Poppinga has easily been the most physical LB in years past.... and OLB in the 3-4 is a play makers spot and Poppinga isn't a play maker.

So IMO Hawk should go to the out side and we should see if he can become the play maker people though it would be when he was drafted at #5.

Then again the new OLB coach main move is the bull rush which Kampman and Poppinga would probably be best at that to right off the bat.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (5h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (8h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (11h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (12h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (22h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15m / Around The NFL / JPPT1974

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.