Packnic
15 years ago

Basically this thread confirms that it was a crap draft year. If they were coming out this year I'm not sure a name mentioned other than Beason even smells the first round.

"pack93z" wrote:

I was waiting for that response.. no real true impact players beyond the top 15 other than Beason to date.

Solid contributing players for sure were around.. but none that have taken the NFL by storm.

Then look at James Jones numbers compared to TE and WR taken ahead of him.. not bad value eh.

"warhawk" wrote:

so wouldn't this negate the "bust" label thats put on Justin? I mean if no one else around his area is making noise, and Justin proves to help even a little bit next year... I mean then you are still getting value for where you picked because the market was so low then. right?
blank
pack_in_black
15 years ago
Dwayne Bowe. Can you imagine?

1. DD
2. GJ
3. Bowe
4. JJ/Jordy (only one would've been added if we had picked Bowe..)

That's three WRs who could arguably be #1s for alot of teams. Yowza.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to Pack93z for the sig!
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Greg Olson's receiving stats in '08: 54 receptions for 574 yards and five touchdowns.

Donald Lee's receiving stats in '08: 39 receptions for 303 yards and five TDs.

OK, anyone who says da Bears have a better QB than we do, you need to stop smoking crack immediately.

Olson contributes. Bustin sits on a bench. I've always loved it when we had a twin-TE attack. Remember '95 and '96 with both Chmura and Jackson being good? Imagine if Aaron had Greg Olson and Donald Lee. Would give opposing Ds nightmares. Now imagine playing Madden with Gregorious, Driver, Lee, and Olson the field at the same time.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

OK, anyone who says da Bears have a better QB than we do, you need to stop smoking crack immediately.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Ok, I hope you know that I wasn't saying that the bears' quarterbacks are better than Rodgers...I was saying that Olsen wasn't doing great, because of their QBs. It's not the complete problem, but a huge contributer.
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago
Reggie Nelson, Ben Grubbs, Greg Olsen, and Jon Beason all look pretty good. Aaron Ross too.

Knowing what we know now though LarMarr Woodley would look pretty good in green and gold considering the move to the 3-4.

I wanted Marshawn Lynch at the time, but he wasn't there so my No. 2 would have been Greg Olsen and I think he'd be the pick right now. Considering he had 54 catches on the Bears offense makes him a little undervalued.
zombieslayer
15 years ago

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Ok, I hope you know that I wasn't saying that the bears' quarterbacks are better than Rodgers...I was saying that Olsen wasn't doing great, because of their QBs. It's not the complete problem, but a huge contributer.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Oh no. I was adding to what you were saying. Believe me, I knew what you meant.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
bakler5
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Oh no. I was adding to what you were saying. Believe me, I knew what you meant.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I didn't see anyone write anything about how good the Bear QB is? Maybe I am confused here.
God didn't create Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers created God.
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Go - Whoops. I hit the send button too fast.

Yes, had Olson had a REAL Quarterback throwing to him, his stats would be much better. I think that's what you meant and that's what I was trying to say too.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

I didn't see anyone write anything about how good the Bear QB is? Maybe I am confused here.

"bakler5" wrote:

Never mind. I was just trying to make a joke slamming how bad the Bears' QBs are. It's leftover hatred on my part from losing a lot of money on the SB a few years back, but also adding to what Go implied - had Olson had a REAL QB throwing to him, his stats would be much better.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
Ok, ZS, I just wanted to make sure you knew what I was talking about. ๐Ÿ™‚
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (58m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? ๐Ÿฅบ I think that means you missed more than half of them ๐Ÿ˜ข
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead ๐Ÿคช
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.