bakler5
15 years ago
I really don't like the prospect of having Nick Barnett on the inside of the 3-4. What do you guys think of Lansanah possibly playing in there. I mean the Dolphins have a pretty solid defense and they wanted to sign him away to try him in their version of the 3-4, maybe it could work out, word is he is an old school style backer, plays with intensity. I think it would be awesome.
God didn't create Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers created God.
beast
15 years ago

I really don't like the prospect of having Nick Barnett on the inside of the 3-4. What do you guys think of Lansanah possibly playing in there. I mean the Dolphins have a pretty solid defense and they wanted to sign him away to try him in their version of the 3-4, maybe it could work out, word is he is an old school style backer, plays with intensity. I think it would be awesome.

"bakler5" wrote:

I think Lansanah can play any LB position. But his weakness is coverage IMO. I think he has the skills but is very raw with those skills.
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
15 years ago
Last pre-season he proved to be a very versatile player who wraps up real well, but after we got rid of Tracy White to keep him, I haven't seen anything.

I still can't wait till Training Camp.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Megatron
15 years ago
When I saw him in preseason he immediately stood out. Since then i had a bit of a bias towards him and was delighted that we retained him when it was made apparent that Miami wanted him.

The Miami Dolphins put linebacker Danny Lansanah in a tough spot by calling him at 11 p.m. Monday and asking him to join their 53-man roster.

They had a 6 a.m. flight set up for him the next day and were hoping he'd take the offer before having a chance to consult with the Packers. As a practice squad player, Lansanah was free to accept an active roster spot anywhere else, but he told the Dolphins he owed it to the Packers to see if they were interested in signing him first.

"I told them if they wanted me that bad they could wait it out," Lansanah said.

After informing the Packers of Miami's interest, general manager Ted Thompson offered Lansanah a promotion to the 53-man roster.

His conduct when Miami wanted him was outstanding and gave me another reason to like him. He could've went off without any thought but he had the sense of loyalty to ask the packers organisation if they still wanted him.

Looking at his size 6ft 1 and 248 lbs. He is of similar size to Harrison, the Pittsburgh OLB. If Miami wanted him for their 3-4 scheme then he must be a good fit as an OLB. Equally important is that he is almost exactly the same size as Ray Lewis so he could be a good fit as a MLB. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Thompson and McCarthy will find a way to keep him on the roster next year because they didn't not get rid of their best special team player for no reason. He will stay to provide depth on the roster and to play on special teams. I hope he will eventually become a full time starter for us.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago
Looking back on the Preseason and my thoughts then...

Preseason Roster Bubble... 

Danny Lansanah - LB - Kid has been solid in camp and decent on the field, nothing that stands out but has good range seems solid in assignments. He did have a roughing gaffe this preseason.. but more were he hit the QB than how late. I think they might be a bit scared that we won't make it through waivers. The thing going against him is the depth at LB, especially MLB. But no doubt about it, this kid can play at this level. I really like this kid as a player.

"Pack93z" wrote:

And the desire they had to protect him, you know that something caught the brasses eye with this kid. Go watch some footage of him at UCONN.. kid can play.. hits downhill and is quicker than some think.. might be a surprise for the Packers with the space of the 3-4. IMO, of course.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Since69
15 years ago
Speak of the devil... Lansanah's name came to mind while talking about 3-4 personnel in another thread. 

I think we may see good things from him...
UserPostedImage
BangTheDrum
15 years ago
His name sounds like its straight out of Miami PD circa 1982
UserPostedImage
Ba da da, Ba dadada GO PACK GO
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (now) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.