nerdmann
9 years ago

As well as the Green Bay Packers have played during their current four-game winning streak, they did not handle two difficult road environments well earlier in the season. They bombed in the opener at Seattle and weren't much better in Detroit. Both times they played in front of loud, boisterous crowds. Now, they must play in another noisy, indoor stadium against a desperate New Orleans Saints team.

Saints quarterback Drew Brees has 10 touchdowns in his last three games against Green Bay and although the Packers' are defending the pass well (ranking sixth in the league), if they can't continue to force the turnovers that they have the last five games, they could be in trouble.

Rob Demovsky  wrote:

I feel like the Packers will psych themselves out and shit themselves in the national spotlight.

Even if we shit ourselves and still win, I'll be disgusted. Meanwhile if we play well, show up and still lose a tough game, I'll be proud of our guys.

Time to step up and make a statement.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
RaiderPride
9 years ago

I feel like the Packers will psych themselves out and shit themselves in the national spotlight.

Even if we shit ourselves and still win, I'll be disgusted. Meanwhile if we play well, show up and still lose a tough game, I'll be proud of our guys.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

"Even if we shit ourselves and still win, I'll be disgusted. (Pack would be 6-2 on the season)

if we play well, show up and still lose a tough game, I'll be proud. (Pack would be 5-3 on the season)

This so cool.. I can actually tell people, I know a person with Dissociative identity disorder.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
yooperfan
9 years ago
I could see a loss here if the defense shows up playing like they did in the 1st half of the Jets game.
There would be no coming back against the Saints in their own house I'm afraid.
DoddPower
9 years ago
There's no question in my mind that the Packers CAN win this game. It doesn't necessarily mean they will, but they can, and should, imo. They are the better team, on both sides of the ball. If they were at Lambeau I would feel very confident. The Saints home field advantage means something, though. But still, if the Packers play close to their potential, they should win this game by 10 points, potentially more. Especially if they start fast again. Set the tone for the entire game within the first few drives.
gotarace
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

The Packers are going to STOMP A MUDHOLE in the Saints ASS...

Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: gotarace 

That would be extremely impressive. The saints, Drew brees, home, prime time.

Very few have beat that combo. I could be wrong but they have won 11 in a row.
UserPostedImage
beast
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: gotarace 

I think the Packers could destroy the Saints as well...

Saints are mainly a passing team, but their OL and weapons are worse than past years while the Packers pass rush is better... as far as their running game, their starting Center and a number of their RBs are out... leaving mainly Mark Ingram who hasn't been a threat in the passing game and Packers Safety have been better at getting in on the running game than past years.

That would be extremely impressive. The saints, Drew brees, home, prime time.

Very few have beat that combo. I could be wrong but they have won 11 in a row.

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

I don't know about the prime time part... but I think Saints have won their last 10 home games. And if you make it the Saints with Sean Payton actively coaching (because he was suspended for 2012) then that jumps to their last 18 home games with Payton's last home loss coming in week 17, 2010.

UserPostedImage
olds70supreme
9 years ago
I don't necessarily think that the on the road, loud stadiums were the issue in the Seattle and Detroit games, so much as the fact that both had very good D lines. Same with the Dolphins (look how close that one was) but you don't see that mentioned in the article.
blank
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
The Packers played like crap early in the season. Now - for four games or so in a row, they have played like they should have played all long. Unless there is some serious back-sliding, the Packers should win big. If the Saints snap back to where they have been the last few years, we will win it in a shoot out. If the Saints play like they have this season, we will win it in a rout.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
beast
9 years ago

I don't necessarily think that the on the road, loud stadiums were the issue in the Seattle and Detroit games, so much as the fact that both had very good D lines. Same with the Dolphins (look how close that one was) but you don't see that mentioned in the article.

Originally Posted by: olds70supreme 

Agreed... Packers offense struggles against very good DL and/or great DBs (with good DLs). The Saints for what ever reason haven't been able to do a good job of defense at least not as good as last year. If they don't pick it up I think the Packers MIGHT put up huge points where I think the Packers pass rush can slow Brees down with his OL not playing up as well as normal...
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.