Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<456
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 12:57:00 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Applause Given: 85
Applause Received: 149

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
He was quite stout last year, until he got hurt.

He was stout on the #25 Rush defense. He's played a huge number of plays in his 13 years. So despite being average on a bad line, and despite the fact he is in NFL terms ancient, he's the best option for the Pack to get better?

If we're going to ignore actual performance, let's bring back Nitschke. Huge upgrade over Hawk! Pair him with Robinson. Then we have some of the best to ever play!

Don't forget. In a league that is always looking for 'Big guys', Pickett and Jolly are sitting at home. Nobody wants them.

Time to move on.
Offline nerdmann  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 3:38:00 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,629
Applause Received: 652

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
He was stout on the #25 Rush defense. He's played a huge number of plays in his 13 years. So despite being average on a bad line, and despite the fact he is in NFL terms ancient, he's the best option for the Pack to get better?

If we're going to ignore actual performance, let's bring back Nitschke. Huge upgrade over Hawk! Pair him with Robinson. Then we have some of the best to ever play!

Don't forget. In a league that is always looking for 'Big guys', Pickett and Jolly are sitting at home. Nobody wants them.

Time to move on.

I'm not the one ignoring actual performance. They weren't #25 until the end of the season.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Dexter_Sinister on 9/2/2014(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#78 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 4:36:37 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

I'm not the one ignoring actual performance. They weren't #25 until the end of the season.

Dude usually plays like 20 snaps a game. Pickett wasn't THE reason they were #25 at the end of the season but he wasn't THE reason they were in the top 10 earlier in the season, he's just a guy out there who is only in the way on anything but a run up the middle. There are plenty of teams that could use a good NT that can move and 0 teams that were interested in Pickett even on 90 man rosters, he has no off field concerns and is by all accounts a great teammate so maybe that tells you how useful he is at this point.
DoddPower on 9/2/2014(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#79 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:20:05 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

I respect the everliving shit out of Pickett, but it was and is time to move on. There is a new group of guys here with something to prove.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline nerdmann  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:55:03 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
I respect the everliving shit out of Pickett, but it was and is time to move on. There is a new group of guys here with something to prove.

Yep. Then we lost our starter.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:24:48 AM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Yep. Then we lost our starter.

We lost a starter. A starter that was so respected last off season that he could only get a 1 year contract as a Free Agent. A starter on the #25 ranked rush defense. A player that totaled 16 starts last year and yet only managed a combined 17 tackles. 12 total and 5 assists. How can someone not jump on the pile for more than 5 assists in a year? There were 6 games in 2013 in which he did not register any type of tackle. Did I mention no sacks? For 2 years?

Glenn Dorsey- NT for 49ers in 2013. 41 Tackles, 2 sacks. In 6 years, he has 279 Tackles. Raji has...129 in 5 years. Dorsey was viewed as a failed 1st rd pick by KC.

I don't know all of the intricacies of a 3-4. But I know that Raji has not played at an above average level. Losing him was not the plan. But better him than a lot of others.
Wade on 9/4/2014(UTC)
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#82 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:28:18 AM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

The Seahawks weren't Super Bowl champs until the end of the year. Does that mean they aren't the Super Bowl champs?

Was Raji not playing at the end of the year?

Someone said the Pack was #10 or something early in the year in Rush Defense. They were #25 at the end. To go from #10 to #25 means you had to be really bad for a while. Raji was playing. So????

I am not asking that you throw away your #90 jersey. But losing our 7th or 8th best Defensive player is not the end of the world.
Offline nerdmann  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:59:24 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

We lost a starter. A starter that was so respected last off season that he could only get a 1 year contract as a Free Agent. A starter on the #25 ranked rush defense. A player that totaled 16 starts last year and yet only managed a combined 17 tackles. 12 total and 5 assists. How can someone not jump on the pile for more than 5 assists in a year? There were 6 games in 2013 in which he did not register any type of tackle. Did I mention no sacks? For 2 years?

Glenn Dorsey- NT for 49ers in 2013. 41 Tackles, 2 sacks. In 6 years, he has 279 Tackles. Raji has...129 in 5 years. Dorsey was viewed as a failed 1st rd pick by KC.

I don't know all of the intricacies of a 3-4. But I know that Raji has not played at an above average level. Losing him was not the plan. But better him than a lot of others.

He was playing out of position. Word is he had rededicated himself this year when he was playing his actual position and had a really good camp.
Offline nerdmann  
#84 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 10:00:13 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

The Seahawks weren't Super Bowl champs until the end of the year. Does that mean they aren't the Super Bowl champs?

Was Raji not playing at the end of the year?

Someone said the Pack was #10 or something early in the year in Rush Defense. They were #25 at the end. To go from #10 to #25 means you had to be really bad for a while. Raji was playing. So????

I am not asking that you throw away your #90 jersey. But losing our 7th or 8th best Defensive player is not the end of the world.

Just saying, I hope we can stop the run this year.
Offline Wade  
#85 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:14:02 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 678
Applause Received: 697

He was playing out of position.

Yep. Instead of doing discount-double-check commercials, he was on the football field.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Rss Feed