Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 3:49:28 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,629
Applause Received: 652

Linsley's out. lol
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DarkaneRules  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 3:52:51 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

Linsley's injury I pray is not as severe as Jared's. If it is, the center situation this year could become the backup quarterback situation of last year.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 6:59:04 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Linsley's injury I pray is not as severe as Jared's. If it is, the center situation this year could become the backup quarterback situation of last year.


I think it is ridiculous to say any team would not experience an enormous drop off if they had their 3rd QB in.

Even with Rodgers injury, if the rest of the team was relatively healthy, I think the Packers win 11-12 games.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Online nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 2:18:32 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,629
Applause Received: 652

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
Hm? Is there an article that has a runny tally?


Demovsky

Quote:
One-on-one reps: The most competitive drill in training camp is almost always the one-on-one pass-rushing/pass-blocking drill and given that they did not do the drill on Friday, there's a good chance they will do so tonight.

Here's a look at the best records in the drill so far:

Offensive linemen: T.J. Lang (4-0), Bryan Bulaga (6-1), Corey Linsley (6-1), David Bakhtiari (5-1), Derek Sherrod (5-1), JC Tretter (5-2), Garth Gerhart (5-2) and Don Barclay (5-3).

Pass-rushers: Mike Daniels (6-2), Datone Jones (6-4), Mike Neal (3-3), Julius Peppers (2-2), B.J. Raji (4-6).


“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline uffda udfa  
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 3:32:10 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post

Even with Rodgers injury, if the rest of the team was relatively healthy, I think the Packers win 11-12 games.


Not in all in one season, though. Big Grin This is dangerously close to p2w territory. Packers barely hung with the worst teams in the NFL. That is what they were last year minus Rodgers. There is NO reason to believe they would win 11-12 games without him... in fact, winning 11-12 games is what you expect WITH Rodgers.
Ted Thompson has gambled mightily on the C position this season. His record ain't very good when he does that. Jeff Saturday might be an upgrade to what we have to offer from that position this season. We ain't winning diddly with a brutal C.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline steveishere  
#21 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 4:05:33 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
Not in all in one season, though. Big Grin This is dangerously close to p2w territory. Packers barely hung with the worst teams in the NFL. That is what they were last year minus Rodgers. There is NO reason to believe they would win 11-12 games without him... in fact, winning 11-12 games is what you expect WITH Rodgers.

Ted Thompson has gambled mightily on the C position this season. His record ain't very good when he does that. Jeff Saturday might be an upgrade to what we have to offer from that position this season. We ain't winning diddly with a brutal C.



I don't think he was saying 11 wins in an entire season without Rodgers. 11 wins wouldn't have been too crazy last year though. They played close games that they could have won against Chicago, Minnesota and Pittsburgh
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Dexter_Sinister on 8/2/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#22 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 6:01:56 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I don't think he was saying 11 wins in an entire season without Rodgers. 11 wins wouldn't have been too crazy last year though. They played close games that they could have won against Chicago, Minnesota and Pittsburgh


You could throw Atlanta and Dallas in on the other side for balance sake to say they easily could've lost those games.

I hope that is what he meant but that is still "out there" to think we could've or should've won 11 or 12...I would stand by what I said, again, that even last season we would've been fortunate to be 11-5 or 12-4 with Aaron for a full season.

After a 2-2 start, 12-4 would've required going 10-2 the rest of the way. 10-2 with our back up QB? Not with the backups we had last year. Maybe, if we had a Favre/Brunell situation.

It is hard for me to understand where some are coming from on this board. The unbridled optimism leads me to believe many feel we should be winning SB's. We've not been close the last 3 years so it's not TT's fault or MM's fault or anyone's fault but bad injury luck? Is that what the conclusion is? Ted Thompson has built a juggernaut that has only been derailed by injuries? I'm going to guess injuries are the excuse because in another thread when the subject of the Niners owning us for beating us 4 in a row was brought up that was balked at posts were typed that said we weren't owned? We just had bad injury luck.

We do have the best QB and should be winning championshipS, plural, ...but we don't. Joe Whitt said in an article from today or yesterday that the best team we had was the one that went out in Round 1 at AZ. No defense...again. It's been how many years and it's still the defense. How many picks on D since then? How many times are injuries going to be the excuse before the realization hits that we're really not that good of a team?

As for Tretter...he scares the heck out of me. If he fails we are hosed. Garth Gerhart or a late round rook from Ohio State that is now hurt are the options? Lang will probably end up there with Barclay going to guard before it's all said and done.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 6:26:02 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post


It is hard for me to understand where some are coming from on this board. The unbridled optimism leads me to believe many feel we should be winning SB's. We've not been close the last 3 years so it's not TT's fault or MM's fault or anyone's fault but bad injury luck? Is that what the conclusion is? Ted Thompson has built a juggernaut that has only been derailed by injuries? I'm going to guess injuries are the excuse because in another thread when the subject of the Niners owning us for beating us 4 in a row was brought up that was balked at posts were typed that said we weren't owned? We just had bad injury luck.




Uffda, why don't you take some time off, and let the boys have their unbridled optimism until we actually lose a game. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be to Seattle right off the bat. Then you can come back and start pissing on everyone's cheerios. Until then, training camp is about optimism, so kindly STFU with your pessimism for a while. Can you handle that Sweetheart? Thanks, maybe I won't get so many PM's about the new guy being a dick.
UserPostedImage
Offline uffda udfa  
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 6:54:16 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Uffda, why don't you take some time off, and let the boys have their unbridled optimism until we actually lose a game. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be to Seattle right off the bat. Then you can come back and start pissing on everyone's cheerios. Until then, training camp is about optimism, so kindly STFU with your pessimism for a while. Can you handle that Sweetheart? Thanks, maybe I won't get so many PM's about the new guy being a dick.


A person who view things objectively is not a dick. A person who drinks the koolaid...well, you know what the label would be if it wasn't affixed to followers of a football team. There are many people who are "optimistic" tonight who don't know a single thing about football and you couldn't tell them anything different if you tried.

Optimism is great. I am optimistic. I'm one of the few who thinks the Packers can win the opener in Seattle. Optimism is NOT saying STUPID things like...we should've/could've easily won 11-12 games after Aaron went down. We were winless for 5 straight and then eeked out two 1 point wins. That is the extent of what happened after Aaron went down. My objectivity regarding LAST season has nothing to do whatsoever with this year. I'm not a Ted Thompson fan...will never be. I'm not a fan of the idea of rolling at C with what we're rolling with. Drafting a 6th rounder as a backup plan shows you Ted Thompson was concerned Tretter might not be the answer...so to counter the fear Tretter may not be the guy we're relying on a 6th rounder. Makes good sense. I know all of a sudden this draft was about "winning now" Ted Thompson said so so it must be true.

Why would YOU get PM's about me? That's pretty ridiculous first off and second those cowards should be PM'ing me if they have a problem. I recall you enjoying the dust up that seemed to follow my arrival. I guess that only applies to things that don't step on your toes. It's cool when it's others but when it's yours it's just gone too far? Wow.

If you don't like my opinions just think what it must be like to be me? You have ONE guy you think is a "dick"..."plant"..."troll"... there's an entire board full of you guys for me. I handle myself just fine. Why would one guy get to you so much? No one should. You should feel confident in your opinion and if you did I wouldn't bother you at all. The problem is...you don't feel confident and it isn't very much fun trying to feel confident when someone is giving you reason not to be. Does that pretty much cover it?



UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 6:57:29 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,954
Applause Received: 2,186

This pissing match stops now. If you wanna piss around, go to the back alley. Comment outside of the topic in this thread, you will be suspended. This is about JC Tretter and the amount he has yet to prove.

Will Tretter prove he's got it? If not, what Center's could the Packers get as insurance?
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
earthquake on 8/3/2014(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#26 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 4:17:01 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 331
Applause Received: 443

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
This pissing match stops now. If you wanna piss around, go to the back alley. Comment outside of the topic in this thread, you will be suspended. This is about JC Tretter and the amount he has yet to prove.

Will Tretter prove he's got it? If not, what Center's could the Packers get as insurance?


Injury report: WR Jared Abbrederis (knee), who is headed for season-ending injured reserve with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, and S Tanner Miller (ankle) sat out. C Corey Linsley (shoulder) returned to practice after missing Friday. DE Jerel Worthy (lower back) and DT Letroy Guion (hamstring) remained on the Non-Football Injury list. Rookie WR Jeff Janis (shingles) remained on the Non-Football Illness list but said he expects to practice on Monday.

Tretter is going to be fine, going against the likes of Raji and Boyd, is only going to help him get ready.

Linsley missed 1 day of practice, he was asked to do a lot of the line adjustments and play calling at Ohio State, he will probably push Tretter, which again will only make him(Tretter) better.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline uffda udfa  
#27 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 9:59:37 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Injury report: WR Jared Abbrederis (knee), who is headed for season-ending injured reserve with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, and S Tanner Miller (ankle) sat out. C Corey Linsley (shoulder) returned to practice after missing Friday. DE Jerel Worthy (lower back) and DT Letroy Guion (hamstring) remained on the Non-Football Injury list. Rookie WR Jeff Janis (shingles) remained on the Non-Football Illness list but said he expects to practice on Monday.

Tretter is going to be fine, going against the likes of Raji and Boyd, is only going to help him get ready.

Linsley missed 1 day of practice, he was asked to do a lot of the line adjustments and play calling at Ohio State, he will probably push Tretter, which again will only make him(Tretter) better.


Every player at almost every position has a backup who is pushing them save for maybe kicker or long snapper. Making a guy better because he has a backup isn't really relevant. The relevant fact is...how good is Tretter and is he good enough not to be a weak link in the center of our line?

MD Jennings had a backup who should've made him better, too. That isn't very confidence inspiring to say Tretter is only going to be better because he's being pushed by a 6th round pick. The only thing I'm concerned with is...how good is Tretter? Is he good enough? Raji has been ragdolling him in practice. Long way to go...he's light in the shorts at a tick over 300. The good news is he basically has to measure up to EDS standards and that shouldn't be too awfully hard. If he can't do that, that's a major issue. To let EDS walk in the belief Tretter is better is a GM's call. The trust in Ted Thompson knowing the C position is scary. His big solution last year was to add Jeff Saturday. He was so terrible he had to be replaced at a critical juncture of the season. Ted Thompson obviously added the wrong guy. A guy who had nothing left playing C...Now, the same guy (TT)
is rolling the dice with a guy who is a total unknown and his backup is a rookie. I think that has disaster written all over it but that's just me.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#28 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 10:33:10 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

Tretter looked like a center last night. That's all I got from him. Will save any judgements until I get to him in live game action.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Dexter_Sinister on 8/3/2014(UTC), nerdmann on 8/3/2014(UTC)
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#29 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:47:46 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
You could throw Atlanta and Dallas in on the other side for balance sake to say they easily could've lost those games.

I hope that is what he meant but that is still "out there" to think we could've or should've won 11 or 12...I would stand by what I said, again, that even last season we would've been fortunate to be 11-5 or 12-4 with Aaron for a full season.

After a 2-2 start, 12-4 would've required going 10-2 the rest of the way. 10-2 with our back up QB? Not with the backups we had last year. Maybe, if we had a Favre/Brunell situation.

It is hard for me to understand where some are coming from on this board. The unbridled optimism leads me to believe many feel we should be winning SB's. We've not been close the last 3 years so it's not TT's fault or MM's fault or anyone's fault but bad injury luck? Is that what the conclusion is? Ted Thompson has built a juggernaut that has only been derailed by injuries? I'm going to guess injuries are the excuse because in another thread when the subject of the Niners owning us for beating us 4 in a row was brought up that was balked at posts were typed that said we weren't owned? We just had bad injury luck.

We do have the best QB and should be winning championshipS, plural, ...but we don't. Joe Whitt said in an article from today or yesterday that the best team we had was the one that went out in Round 1 at AZ. No defense...again. It's been how many years and it's still the defense. How many picks on D since then? How many times are injuries going to be the excuse before the realization hits that we're really not that good of a team?

As for Tretter...he scares the heck out of me. If he fails we are hosed. Garth Gerhart or a late round rook from Ohio State that is now hurt are the options? Lang will probably end up there with Barclay going to guard before it's all said and done.


Takes a lot of beans to say the Packers were lucky last year. With almost 300 combined games missed due to injury. I would say the bad luck kicked the good luck's ass. You really have to be bashing the Packers pretty hard to call them lucky.

How was the 3rd and 4th string QBs after Brunell? Because that is what we played most of the games with after Rodgers was hurt. That is what you should be comparing it to. How many teams are going to win any games with their 3rd and 4th QBs? Again, you have to be bashing the Packers pretty hard to say the QB situation was a big problem because their 3rd string QB sucked.

I didn't bother reading the rest of our post. Probably just more bashing about how the second best team in the league for the last decade is a massive failure and in need of a total restructure.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline uffda udfa  
#30 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 3:33:01 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
Takes a lot of beans to say the Packers were lucky last year. With almost 300 combined games missed due to injury. I would say the bad luck kicked the good luck's ass. You really have to be bashing the Packers pretty hard to call them lucky.

How was the 3rd and 4th string QBs after Brunell? Because that is what we played most of the games with after Rodgers was hurt. That is what you should be comparing it to. How many teams are going to win any games with their 3rd and 4th QBs? Again, you have to be bashing the Packers pretty hard to say the QB situation was a big problem because their 3rd string QB sucked.

I didn't bother reading the rest of our post. Probably just more bashing about how the second best team in the league for the last decade is a massive failure and in need of a total restructure.


Red card. Where is the talk on Tretter above? BTW, Ty Detmer was a 3rd QB and Kurt Warner even deeper on the chart way back in those days, but Warner didn't make the team.

On Tretter...on a team with the injury luck this team has had the plan is to roll out a C who missed almost the entire TC and regular season with an injury. For all intents and purposes he's a rookie, and one who didn't play C in college. That doesn't sound any alarms? Linsley was being talked up early about possibly being able to beat out Tretter because Linsley has actually played the position. Seems dumb to do what we're doing, and like I said about it wouldn't surprise me to see Lang or even Barclay at C before all is said and done. At least those guys have some NFL experience. If it all goes wrong with Tretter, and it very well could, Linsley, a 6th round rook is the next option? Ugh. Just imagine Kevin Dorsey being counted on to be a starting WR ( a 1 or a 2) for us and if he flamed out the other option would be Jeff Janis. That is what we're basically doing at center. That is gambling in it's purest form. Hope it works out for us.


UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Pack93z

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / GermanGilbert

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / AbbaGav

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan